Property Tax Month/Year

AZ is a fraction of what I paid in CA.

Nv $7500 technically two lots 10ac total 0 landscaping high desert 

Mine is going to be Brutal. Peace

current value 950 18400 tax and my rental about 8000, what kills me they have been reassessing the homes every other year and valuing them at market or above. i believe there is a cap at 2 percent so the are over valuing the property so they can collect more 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious... I live in northern Illinois. Stillman Valley.  I know our taxes are high in Illinois and varies greatly from one city / community to the next. Housings cheaper but taxes, not so much.

Paid 175,000 for 1.3 wooded acres and a 2300 sq. ft. 3 bedroom, 2 bath ranch home 8 years ago. Zillow says 290,000 now. I think I could get 30k more than that. Yearly property tax is $4800.00

Westwood 8 years ago.webp

I'm curious... I live in northern Illinois. Stillman Valley.  I know our taxes are high in Illinois and varies greatly from one city / community to the next. Housings cheaper but taxes, not so much.

Paid 175,000 for 1.3 wooded acres and a 2300 sq. ft. 3 bedroom, 2 bath ranch home 8 years ago. Zillow says 290,000 now. I think I could get 30k more than that. Yearly property tax is $4800.00

View attachment 82969
Not that much higher than here. We generally pay 1.25% (you’re just under 1.75%), but our tax rate is based on purchase price and can’t escalate more than 2% per year under Prop 13. 

There’s a bill that will be on the ballot next year to strike that and instead base it on actual value. This will likely price a lot of us out of this state since my taxes would jump from $5800/year to over $13k/year. 

I don’t have a lot of faith that the election authority won’t make it read like a good thing, and that the idiots in this state won’t pass it because Gavvy told them to. 

Back