Projects around the shop

I love that Impala, I would drive the crap out of that. 

our getaway car for our wedding (to go from the church to the reception was a 59 convertible.  It would not start............. he cranked on it for what seemed like an hour.  he started getting all nervous & sweating profusely.  the crowd erupted in cheers when it started & blew black and blue smoke all over everyone standing behind it.  ROFLOL. 

66 Corvette block, aluminum L88 heads, and the correct L88 crank and Crower camshaft, just like the pieces used in the original build.
Just think. My dad sold those parts like no big deal back then.  :makerain:

Well ... Covid put me down hard for 3 weeks. It was a rough ride for sure. Glad to be back on my feet. Feel like I won't be 100% for another week or two. Nice to be around some cars again. Did not have a lot of time today but we have a bunch of new cars in the shop. I will post up more tomorrow.

Also not a Furd guy, but that is a DAMM nice looking car.  kind of interesting.  it has "california special" stuff on it, but shelby stuff as well & I dont recall them ever being offered together.  but with the exhaust coming out of the side of the car............. clearly it has some modifications.  LOL.

I think Furd did a great job with this car.  the fastback is pretty iconic as well. 

Small pet peeve of mine.............. the "universal fit" flex hose for the top of the radiator...  I HATE this.  5 minutes walking down the hose section of an auto parts store and Im positive I could find one that fit it correctly.  I did it probably a hundred times, when I worked @ Chief in the 90's.  but Im sure that this is mostly just me...  LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Small pet peeve of mine.............. the "universal fit" flex hose for the top of the radiator...  I HATE this.
Agreed.  Reminds me of a generic, temporary fix part.  Like Alumaseal or exhaust tape.

what is this?  this would be bitchen to cruise around in. 

Ive always wanted to build a 55-ish Apache, 4x4 with a SUPER Nasty BBC in it. 
64-65 Toyota FJ pickup

Back