Pro R paddle choices

From my experience Skats run tall. Here’s is what I’m after. My stock Pro R will fit under the rear bead driving the car in with two people in the car. If it’s just me, the radius part of the cage hits the bed. If I back the car in it clears by an inch due to the dovetail on the trailer. Now when I buy my sand tires the car will definitely get taller as I plan on running Tensor 33’s. Just not sure how tall they actually are. This will tell me if I have to let air out to fit or ratchet the suspension down. The other issue I will run into is how much wider the car will be with the sand tires. I’ve gotta figure that out to know if it will even fit backing it in or if it forces me to drive it in. At first I never thought it would fit at all but I gave it a shot last weekend and was surprised. Just want to have all my ducks in a row when season hits! 
i have a 21 turbo S so not quite the same measurements. it is wider with the sand tires, on my flat bed that is around 77' wide between the fenders i can get the car on with the dirt tires but with the sand tires i had to jack up the front and strap the suspension to clear, the rear the tires would hang off a little. i have a 2009 weekend warrior 5th wheel. the car fits in with sand tires not having to do anything special its a tight fit between the wheel wells inside the trailer, i dont have drive over. the rear is no issue. height i just get under the rear bunks. the pro R is taller than the turbo S. there have been threads on the WW page about getting a pro R to fit, seams that the height is more the issue with the pro r getting under the rear beds. 

i have a 21 turbo S so not quite the same measurements. it is wider with the sand tires, on my flat bed that is around 77' wide between the fenders i can get the car on with the dirt tires but with the sand tires i had to jack up the front and strap the suspension to clear, the rear the tires would hang off a little. i have a 2009 weekend warrior 5th wheel. the car fits in with sand tires not having to do anything special its a tight fit between the wheel wells inside the trailer, i dont have drive over. the rear is no issue. height i just get under the rear bunks. the pro R is taller than the turbo S. there have been threads on the WW page about getting a pro R to fit, seams that the height is more the issue with the pro r getting under the rear beds. 
Sounds about right. I’m really hoping to not have to change tires at the desert. 

Pro R with a 10 inch wide rear wheel is going to be at least 82" wide, if not wider.   You will for sure be airing the Tensor tires down to get the car lower to clear the bed.    

Any more input on a nice set of front and rears for a stock or lightly tuned Pro R (2 seat)?

33" packards on 10" wide wheel for sliding, 24" packards on 10" wide wheel for a little more bite.  Inexpensive and light for a molded tire. 

Talked to STU and for stock power levels, they recommended the Blackbird in a 32x15 with a #2 paddle. 

Talked to STU and for stock power levels, they recommended the Blackbird in a 32x15 with a #2 paddle. 
The Packard tires work really well.  Mega runs the 33" and my other friend runs the bigger Packard set up on his turbo Pro R.   Good tire set up for the money.   STU is always a solid choice, just pricey.  

They (STU) recommended the 32 Leed Screw up front or Big Tebo if you wanted to dune in 4wd. 

the 33" Packard Sand Lites on 10" wide rears work really well for me, nice wide rear tire and somewhat flat like Funco style.  Couple guys i ride with have the new tensor tires and they seem to perform the same but have more of a rounded profile. 
Nice car, how tall are those 33" packards mounted on a 10wide wheel? Do they really measure 33"?  Or does packard measure the tire tip to tip on the paddles?

Nice car, how tall are those 33" packards mounted on a 10wide wheel? Do they really measure 33"?  Or does packard measure the tire tip to tip on the paddles?
at 12psi the carcass is 34 5/8" and after a couple seasons on them outside of the paddles are 36 1/4".  measured with large framing squares to get correct numbers. 

at 12psi the carcass is 34 5/8" and after a couple seasons on them outside of the paddles are 36 1/4".  measured with large framing squares to get correct numbers. 
Ok cool, so they are true size or bigger.

Thanks

I used tensors on my turbo R last season and they worked really well. Was told by method that this tire package was specifically designed for the Pro and Turbo R.

I kept my tires for this season and bought a Pro R. Looking forward to seeing how they work.

20240106_160543.jpg

Back