POS Doctors...

Mac

Reaction score
It's been a while since we had a good Whine and Cheese post.

So I am making my health a priority this year.  I'm getting some answers finally but still have a ways to go.  Found out some meds i was put on were causing a lot of my pain issues.  Quit taking them...boom...I feel better.  There are other alternatives to statins so I'm not worried.  I've made significant changes in my diet and added a premium fish oil.  We'll see how it goes.

Next, I have MAJOR sleep issues (sleep apnea and insomnia).  The insomnia is the worst.  I have a CPAP, but don't tolerate it because I end up just laying in bed with a mask strapped to my face.  Also...welcome to old age...I have low testosterone.  Easy enough fix.

SO...here's my b*tch...

I served 25 years in the Navy.  I retired and guess what...obama said my health insurance benefit was too good, so he put it on a plan to increase rates and co-pays to marry it up with the rest of the health insurance markets in the US...AFTER I HAD ALREADY RETIRED!!!  F*CK THAT GUY!!!  So...I bust my a$$ and get my VA rating taken care of.  It only took 7 year because the VA is so fantastic at what they do...(kill Veterans so they don't have to take care of them)  So...I try and use the VA for as much as I can because it's free.  The care providers at the VA always push back and say..."Don't you have other insurance?"  F*CK YOU!  I earned this, you broke me...you f*cking fix me.  I pretty much go off on them like that when they bring it up.  I don't care.  So...my care provider at the VA said she would not fix some things and I should go see my other doctor.  Warm up the keyboard...  I email my Congressman.  GOD BLESS Rep Paul Gosar!  Dude is awesome.  He always gets back to me the same day and handles things immediately.  His staff contacted the VA and filed a Congressional inquiry as to why they weren't helping me.  NOW...the VA is scrambling to help.  Now was that so hard???  The true test will be at one of my appointments today.  The VA classifies insomnia as a mental health issue.  Every f*cking time to go to the VA...."Would you like to talk to mental health and get some antidepressants???"  For the love of F*CK!!!!  NO!!!!  Also, the VA is in cahoots with biden and his administration.  If you request or receive mental health assistance with the VA, they report you to the ATF and local authorities that you shouldn't have your guns.  Sen Kennedy - LA is trying to repeal this but of course biden won't sign it.  I already have Rep Gosar updated on this topic.  So...the VA is going to try and put me on antidepressants...and I'm going to go off.  What is so f*cking hard about prescribing me some Ambien and moving along?  I know I can go online and sign up with an internet DR and get it the next day, but this is about principle that the VA should be taking care of this, so...here we are.  This Dr better have done their homework before my appt today. 

Doctors are like Dealership Mechanics.  Absolutely zero diagnostic ability.  For cars, just start replacing parts, for doctors prescribe another drug.  At the end of the day, your kidneys will fail due to all the drugs, sad reality.

Good luck today, keep fighting for your rights

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent a couple hours yesterday trimming trees and running a chipper.  Sweat my ass off and sore as hell at the end of the day.  Slept great even after getting hammered in the afternoon.  *booze overload usually makes me sleep like crap.

I'm consistently in bed by 7pm and up by 5am no matter the day of week.  Days I work hard (physically) I sleep so much better.

I spent a couple hours yesterday trimming trees and running a chipper.  Sweat my ass off and sore as hell at the end of the day.  Slept great even after getting hammered in the afternoon.  *booze overload usually makes me sleep like crap.

I'm consistently in bed by 7pm and up by 5am no matter the day of week.  Days I work hard (physically) I sleep so much better.
I never had sleep issues with alcohol and then boom...if I drink and go to bed, I wake up with anxiety in the middle of the night once it starts to wear off.  I rarely drink anymore and definitely not as much as I used to.

I get the "hard work" approach.  It doesn't help anymore.  I wish it did.

Stay away from the Melatonin for sleep, its addicting and makes you groggy in the AM.  Try Magnesium glycinate Gummies from Nature Made,  Helps you sleep and gets rid of night time leg cramps.  It gets rid of the anxiety at night too.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been taking Hydroxyzine for my sleep issues.  It's just enough to calm my brain and not make me feel like groggy chit the next day. 

I've been taking Hydroxyzine for my sleep issues.  It's just enough to calm my brain and not make me feel like groggy chit the next day. 
I took Benadryl for years.  It just doesn't work anymore.

Magnesium Glycinate is pretty good for sleep and mellows you out.

Benadryl and Melatonin are very bad on your brain they are now finding out after longterm use.

Wife had me order "Magnesium Butter", its a cream for insomnia, anxieties and body aches/pains.

She's a week in and likes it better then more pills/vitamins to take.

@Mac, sorry to hear this.  unfortunately its a VERY common story.  I hope you get these things figured out sooner rather than later. 

Reactions: Mac
Same family of drugs
They are both classified as antihistamines,

However, Hydroxyzine has more powerful sedative effects, is FDA approved for anxiety/sleep disorders, and RX only.

They are very different.  Benadryl makes me feel like chit.

Won't hurt you to try it.....

Also, the VA is in cahoots with biden and his administration.
Just curious, was it better when Trump was in office ?  Does the VA change policies often due to leadership ? 

All veteran's should be taken care of !

CPAP (get used to it.... will save your life).. a little TRT and you'll be golden.

Trust this from someone who does this.

abc

Just curious, was it better when Trump was in office ?  Does the VA change policies often due to leadership ? 

All veteran's should be taken care of !
The VA has always sucked.  The bigger the military town, the more they suck.  I was in San Diego until late 2020.

When Trump entered office, he set up a White House phone line.  I used that to get things done.  It has not worked for me under biden.  

Definitely don’t take ambien. I lived with someone that took it and they would black out often. Me personally I’m anti any drug unless it’s for fun. Look into magnesium bicarbonate. You can make it yourself or by it pre made. It was magic for me and my body. 

@Mac and @ANGRYBUTTCRACK

Have you tried that mouth guard for snoring?

I use this one pretty regularly:

Shop Stop Snoring Solutions Guaranteed to Work for You | ZQuiet

It basically positions your lower jaw down and out just a bit...there are 2 different mouth guards, one is more extreme.

This is a cheap and easy way without having a Darth Vadar Mask and all that crap!

I found after getting used to it...which was a couple days...I sleep better with it.

Just a thought.

:dbart:

Back