Performance Coolant

In the buggy I do 2 things of water wetter 1 gallon of dexcool and then top off with distilled water. I’ve never had a sandrail over heat. Once I got my buggy to 225 when a fan relay crapped out. 

You do have fans and I believe an intercooler fan.  Coolant won't fix it if you have heating issues.  Won't know till it's up and done. 

Coolant will retain heat.  It's antifreeze so keep the percentage below 50% and use distilled water. 

VP Stay Frosty is coolant only, no antifreeze. Double pass radiator helps a lot.

buggy i run a bottle of watter wetter and small amount of coolant rest distilled water seemed to run  10-12 degrees cooler

NOw the 58 impala that thing likes to run warm i reduced the amount of coolant maybe 25 percent and it helped out just a little.added water wetter to the same mix and got it to run 20 degrees cooler.it was on border of running to warm closer to 230 on warm days got it about 210 now which is fine by me.

I read the Coolant bottle, dont plan on being in below zero temps,  I use Half a bottle of Coolant, and reading the Prestone Coolant it gets me down to Zero Degrees,  

The closer the liquid gets to the cylinders the better anything will cool,  

The water weter is surfactant,  basically a defoaming agent,  micro bubbles better cooling,  More anti Freeze the more foaming, will need more water weter or a defoamer, basically micro parts of sharp carbon that breaks up the bubbles,  allows the liquid to get closer to the cylinders,  

So decide what level of frost you want to protect to and add that much Anti-Freeze, and then add a defoamer,  

Last edited by a moderator:
You do have fans and I believe an intercooler fan.  Coolant won't fix it if you have heating issues.  Won't know till it's up and done. 

Coolant will retain heat.  It's antifreeze so keep the percentage below 50% and use distilled water. 
Agreed.  Coolant won't fix over heating issues.

I used to run 215-230 Engine temps all the time.

Changed out my fans to the "extreme" blade and have them coming on earlier.

Now I can't get my engine over 200.

Nothing else changed.  Same radiator, same thermostat, same coolant mixture.

Supercharger similar.  I went to a bigger supercharger but also increased the size of my heat exchanger.  Went bigger in the vertical direction by 6".  Same width and same thickness.

Went from 8" fans up to 12" fans.  Went to more efficient pump.

IAT won't go above 105 now no matter what outside temps are.  I used to be getting 140-160 IAT.

Same coolant mixture.

Add an oil cooler.  Most people would be surprised how hot the oil is compared to coolant temps.

Another often overlooked item is people will run the motor and add coolant until it gets to operating temp, then throw the cap on. 

This means it will never get to the cap’s operating pressure. Wait for it to cool, top the coolant, then add water. 

Or run an overflow bottle and keep an eye on that, add as necessary, just like in a regular car.

Back