Performance Coolant

Add an oil cooler.  Most people would be surprised how hot the oil is compared to coolant temps.
Yes that is the key. Probably 75-80% of sand cars don’t have an oil cooler because it looks cleaner or whatever but an oil cooler makes a huge difference. A big beautiful yuge oil cooler really helps. 

Add an oil cooler.  Most people would be surprised how hot the oil is compared to coolant temps.
Yes that is the key. Probably 75-80% of sand cars don’t have an oil cooler because it looks cleaner or whatever but an oil cooler makes a huge difference. A big beautiful yuge oil cooler really helps. 
What would probably blow people's minds is how hot the oil gets in their tow rig.  Your F250 dragging 20k through the mountains will have oil on the verge of combusting in the crankcase...

We build rigs on the F series using PTO functions that draw huge power.  Can be nearly 100% load at times at 330hp in a chassis cab.. ECU shuts it down at 275eot.  No soup for you....  Coolant temps a measly 217 at most...  Dash gauge ECT, steady as a rock. ZERO indication of heating up.

If a 330hp chassis cab 6.7psd can max out the cooling system to de-rate, what do you think you 450hp unit will do?

Two thing really destroy Sandcar Engines,

Air in oil 

Hot oil,  

Dry sump motor dont eat engines that easy   

So if you are on the Pipe all the time, you got to let the Engine rest and get the air out of the oil and cool the oil down,   

We have a group of peeps that have an inside joke on super coolant. We were at the North Pole in Dumont (Wasabi’s old new-to-me Alumicraft with the hopped up Acura motor) when I had to shut it down for excessive heat.

Ended up being the copper head gaskets were leaking under turbo boost.

We all pissed in the radiator which got me halfway back to camp. I flagged other duners down to take a leak in my $24K urinal. The “super coolant” was piss from the folks that drank “real beer” instead of light beer.

*All pissing was done by professionals wearing the proper safety gear on a closed course.*

We have a group of peeps that have an inside joke on super coolant. We were at the North Pole in Dumont (Wasabi’s old new-to-me Alumicraft with the hopped up Acura motor) when I had to shut it down for excessive heat.

Ended up being the copper head gaskets were leaking under turbo boost.

We all pissed in the radiator which got me halfway back to camp. I flagged other duners down to take a leak in my $24K urinal. The “super coolant” was piss from the folks that drank “real beer” instead of light beer.

*All pissing was done by professionals wearing the proper safety gear on a closed course.*
What’s the data say? Better? Worse? Meh?

My engine oil cooler dropped my oil temps by 35 degrees.  

Reactions: Mac
Back