Out with the old...In with the new!

That's to bad about your truck experience , Was this a known issue for that year truck, I have a old 2003 duramax and it has been a great truck, Had to do injectors at 90,000 and a high side fuel pump. Now a days I couldn't afford a new diesel truck , I would love to get your feedback on how she pulls your new trailer down the road.
2003 just had injector issues i believe.

alot of the 2010=2015 were plagued by tcm issues and pump issues.

That's to bad about your truck experience , Was this a known issue for that year truck, I have a old 2003 duramax and it has been a great truck, Had to do injectors at 90,000 and a high side fuel pump. Now a days I couldn't afford a new diesel truck , I would love to get your feedback on how she pulls your new trailer down the road.
I had 2004.5 LLY Duramax that only had a cracked fuel pump housing issue. Other than that, that thing was awesome! Part of me thinks I should have just kept that one.

I think I had just under 240K miles on it when I sold it, still on the original brakes and pads. There was a recall for injectors but warranty covered that.

Only other thing I replaced was an alternator and the foam in the drivers seat...oh and new headliner.

So far I am loving this new one. Doesn't feel lacking on power. The 10spd trans is awesome. I swear I barely am pressing on the go pedal and it just cruises.

Drove from Upland to my house in Anaheim, 17.7 MPG. I know this thing is still gotta get broken in so the mileage is not going to be great right off the bat. So far I'm averaging about 13, but I mostly in traffic, with AC cranking... Today on the way to work was about 15.5, but you don't buy 2500 series for fuel mileage!!!

:lmao:

I'm working on my own "Out with the old, in with the New" project myself :cheers:

FYI, if you have a newer vehicle and you turn it off while the radio is still on, when you open the door and the radio doesn't turn off...it means it's looking for a connection to do a software update.

You can just turn off the radio by holding down the power button for a few seconds, otherwise the radio will keep playing.

Kind of weird, but when you are within wifi do your update, takes only a couple minutes.

This happened to me yesterday, radio wouldn't shut off after I opened the door...I was like wtf? so just turned off the radio. It happened a couple times, but I did notice on the screen it flashed do you want to do a software update? I didn't at that point, but then I looked it up and there was a YuoTube video explaining why your radio won't shut off after your vehicle is turned off.

So, after work I went mountain biking, got to the place we ride, the message came up, so I did the install. 

Tada...now radio turns off when the door is open after shut off!

:oto:  

Modern technology...

:lmao:  

So update if anyone is interested on fuel mileage OVERALL. Like stated earlier for the last 15,000 miles on my diesel I averaged 16.7, on this one I am at 2200 miles and overall I'm at 12.7.

I have mostly been in traffic going to work with only one real long trip, but that was even in traffic for a lot of it.

We're headed to Havasu in 2 weeks...good to get it on a nice long stretch there an back, should be interesting.

Even if I have to spend another $100 a month on fuel, it would take over 8 years to recoup the cost of the diesel motor and it's fuel efficiency. That's not taking into account the adding of DEF or the Fuel filters changed every other oil change.

I am extremely pleased with this truck and love driving it. Plus I think it sounds cool!

:laugh1:  

So I have someone that wants to buy my 21 f250 with the 7.3 and 10 speed. I’m a ford guy but I really like the new AT4. I was considering the diesel but with all the emissions issues and etc I’m not sure I want to hassle with it. Plus I have a gas card so regular gas is subsidized. How does the 6.6 Chevy gas motor compare to the ford 7.3 gas motor? What’s the difference in price from the gas to the diesel motor?

I'll give an update here as I have done a few trips and now have just over 7200 miles on this thing.

I love it.

A couple years ago I did the trek from Orange Country to Goodyear, AZ in my 2018 Dmax...and told my wife I think I can do it on one tank.

Set the CC at 64 and I made it there and back, 675 miles, 19.8 MPG.

Well last weekend I did the same trip in my new one. This time though I set the CC at 70 in Ca and 75 in AZ...hard to do 65 anywhere these days.

Got to AZ, 347 miles, 16.4 mpg with 222 miles left till empty. Thought that isn't bad. I knew I would no way make it round trip, but wanted to make it back to Tom Wells Road another 122 miles just before CA border cause fuel prices jump almost $2 a gallon.

Headed back home Sunday...wind was horrible, but set the CC at 75.

Made it with still 88 miles to go. 464 miles, 30 gallons of fuel 15.466 mpg.

Into CA kept the CC at 75...just wanted to get home...all in all, total trip was 15.2 MPG.

Went to Gorman the prior weekend and this thing pulled my trailer like my Dmax...didn't struggle one bit. Up the Grapevine at 64 mph, about 3300 rpm.

Round trip was 9.5 MPG. speed is 65 most of the way.

Done some littel touches, blacked out the emblems, have a couple more to do, but they don't have them available yet, like the AT4 in the front grill, lower drivers side.

They also make a black out kit for the Side hood 6.6/Allison emblem. Also want to do the Smoked fender markers.

Oh on a side note I have kept Trip one going since day of purchase and I am at 12.2 mpg for the 7200 miles.

My Dmax for the last 15k miles was at 16.7.

Also, I am finding the new truck is more accurate as far as what it says the MPG than on my Dmax when compared to my calculations at the pump.

:dbart:

20230915_111900.jpg

Cool update.  Nice to see some real world numbers on the gasser. The little black touches are nice as well, my 24 ltz has way too much chrome but I'm too lazy to change it 

Cool update.  Nice to see some real world numbers on the gasser. The little black touches are nice as well, my 24 ltz has way too much chrome but I'm too lazy to change it 
I read on another site where after 20K miles it was like the computer did a reset and the fuel range at fill up changed from 528 miles to 652 miles.

I have heard there is a break in period and fuel mileage will get better...

EZ on the gas pedal, even Taylor knows about the gas pedal!
giphy.gif

just an observation... I would have thought that a truck made now days with 10,000 speed transmissions would get better gas mileage.
Same final ratio as the 6 spd...they added more gears in between for towing.

I gottcha, but it just seems like I could build a 1975 chevy 1/2 ton with a 400 & a 700R4 & a quad-ra-bog & get that kind of power & mileage.  it just seems like in 40 years, more should have changed than Bluetooth & ass heaters.  again, just an observation. 

Looking good.  When the post first popped up my screen at work, it looked like the panel in front of the door was bashed in.  That would have sucked . . .

Looking good.  When the post first popped up my screen at work, it looked like the panel in front of the door was bashed in.  That would have sucked . . .
Would not have been posting pics then...

:laugh1:

Back