Old school cool.... J&J

EmpirE231

Reaction score
First post back on the forum....... I was hesitant to make an acct for a while, but thought I gotta share this thing.

New to me J&J aluminum buggy! I "had" to have this thing, because it just looks so cool. I really do not know much about VW motors etc, so I will eventually have some questions. From what I do know, it is a 2276 motor. Mid engine, all aluminum buggy.... weighing in @ 780lbs. If anyone has any info / history on these J&J's, that would be awesome to hear about.

My father in law bought this a few years back, and I always thought it was BA. The plan was that it would be left to me in a "will" or what not, but I guess he really wanted another new motorcycle, and he was considering selling this car..... contacted me first, and even though timing is never really right, and this would most likely just be garage art for me, I said sure lets do it, and bought the car. There a couple deals I've passed up over the years, and kick myself for doing so.... I didn't want this to be another one.

IMG_7766.jpg

IMG_7767.jpg

IMG_7771.jpg

IMG_7770.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What I see is about $100,000 worth of Aluminum & HOURS of polishing.  LOL. 

Bitchen car!!!

Thanks guys... pumped on having it.  I drove it about a year ago and it was a rocket w/ the power to weight ration.

any idea how to edit my pics to flip them over?

to the right of the post count number (top right of the post) there are 3 dots.  click on them & it should give you an edit option. 

image.png

Very nice. 
Always wanted an aluminum frame buggy. 

Reminds me of my first sandrail just shorter wheel base. The only reason I sold it was every other trip the frame would crack. 

Thanks guys! definitely diggin' this thing.

first question about this ride (I do not know much at all about VW stuff)is this leak, that seems to be coming from under the boot.  Any idea where this is coming from, and if it's a semi simple DIY repair? Is there a seal under the boot... or side case....? or ? I don't even know what trans this is.....091?

IMG_7806.jpg

IMG_7807.jpg

Back