New to me Monster Manx refresh/rebuild.

I know it’s hard to soak that up….. Just like anything in this sport. hahaha But anything that guy touches EATS!
I've only heard good things about his tuning. We've picked up several cars from his shop in Yuma and from him in Glamis. All his clients that I know have been very happy with the results. 

I want to do something stupid and get back in one of these!!! 

Turned out really nice!

Do you still need to use an address in California outside the metropolintan area. When I brought the car back from Az they wouldn't allow the transfer. 

I had to use a Blyth address.

Do you still need to use an address in California outside the metropolintan area. When I brought the car back from Az they wouldn't allow the transfer. 

I had to use a Blyth address.
Mine was a little bit of a pain to get it registered and backpay fees from the previous owner because DMV messed up on their end which ruined it for all of us.

Anyhow, I am getting this thing ‘’smogged’’ every other year…. If it got me plates over the counter I said hell with it. I wasn’t about to go deal with state ref to get a sign off.

Anyways I’m registered and California legal. Now I haven’t driven it on the street long distance and only went around the block so not sure what the cops will say. 

Last edited by a moderator:
What is it registered as? Mine is registered in MT for the street plate but NO ONE will insure it.  Even tried to do a bond in lieu of insurance....

What is it registered as? Mine is registered in MT for the street plate but NO ONE will insure it.  Even tried to do a bond in lieu of insurance....
This is my card. My previous card said ‘’1000cc’s’’

I had her up it to 7000 cc’s lol

They won’t insure anything supercharged or turbo’d and nothing bigger than a 6.0 liter engine.

Good thing I have a stock 5.7 LS1 😜

I was sort of grandfathered in through the Havasu guy. But it was still a little bit of a pain. This branch had to contact the AZ branch for some questions.

IMG_3689.jpeg

Well…… found out why my car wouldn’t start! 

IMG_3868.jpeg

IMG_3869.jpeg

IMG_3870.jpeg

IMG_3871.jpeg

IMG_3872.jpeg

IMG_3873.jpeg

IMG_3874.jpeg

IMG_3875.jpeg

IMG_3876.jpeg

IMG_3877.jpeg

IMG_3879.jpeg

IMG_3878.jpeg

IMG_3880.jpeg

IMG_3881.jpeg

IMG_3882.jpeg

IMG_3883.jpeg

I’m missing 7-8 of the bearing balls…. and all the pieces I shook out I’m hoping was all of it….. 
The Tilton starters are supposed to be awesome. I know they crank over fast. 
This is what I put in my car last summer in place of the IMI. 
IMG_0823.jpeg

The Tilton starters are supposed to be awesome. I know they crank over fast. 
This is what I put in my car last summer in place of the IMI. 
View attachment 93163
I was going to call tilton and get a drive assembly and rebuild this one for a spare and just buy a whole new starter so I have a fresh one.

I’m sure Kartek has them. I’ll stop by this week.

IMG_3911.png

Extra inch never hurt anyone…
My gas tank says otherwise…..

Not enough clearance to squeeze back there. Even tried dis assembling the flange from the starter and installing that first to the tranny housing (how I took it off)

But not going to work, going to check out that meziere starter and check dimensions.

My buddy can get the WOSP starters.

Let’s see.

Same as mine.  Bummer.  It is a big biatch!!!!!!
I got an IMI. its definitely similar if not shorter than my original from 2007. I’m sure Tilton just upgraded the design which is why they are a tad bigger now.

Going to call Kirk at tilton and see if he has the referal shop to rebuild.

DC Power is building my 270 amp alternator. Should be done soon. 

Then it’s ready for the second trip out! 

Back