New to me Monster Manx refresh/rebuild.

@matt86m.  Did you know that I had a 'handshake deal' for $55k for the #74 car before you bought it?  I desperately wanted it, but VERY bad timing (isn't it always) as we were in the middle of remodeling a house in the middle of the recession.  Told the seller it would take me a week or so to pull the money out of the stock market and he sold it to you (I get it, since so many buyers are flaky).  Missed out on that car two other times.  FML.  Finally found this one and bought it (very happy) and the #74 car was for sale two weeks later......Life just works like that.........
Had no idea! I fell into the 74 car, I was working at Glamis Fab, we had a car in the shop and the customer saw my Sand Limo and asked if it was for sale. As with most things he offered me a number I couldn't refuse. I had been stalking Vince and his cars for a long time and found the ad for the 74 car. I called and told him it was contingent on my car selling. 3 days later I delivered my car and went to get the Manx.

I never should have sold it!!!!! I like my car (Potter) but I loved the Manx!

Congrats on your Manx, it looks great!

Back to this thread, I'm jealous!!! We talked about your car when you got it, knowing you had to have the trans gone thru. Once its done you will be stoked!

Well finally picked up last night on the way home from work. Chris mentioned since the car has an oil cooler flush the oil cooler out with some simple green and after its real clean run some oil through it. I cleaned everything out thoroughly. I’m heading out of town tomorrow for a few days will finish next Saturday. Have to make some bleed off lines for the coolant cross overs and everything else should be good to go.

IMG_3272.jpeg

IMG_3269.jpeg

IMG_3270.jpeg

IMG_3268.jpeg

IMG_3274.png

Didn't know the Fortin was a $13k rebuild. Spent less than that on my last two Albins rebuilds combined. But that included labor for puling the engine/trans and re-installing? What was wrong with it? 

Didn't know the Fortin was a $13k rebuild. Spent less than that on my last two Albins rebuilds combined. But that included labor for puling the engine/trans and re-installing? What was wrong with it? 
R&P in the Fortin is $8k alone. 
I can’t imagine what the R&P cost is for the newest Fortin!!!!

Remember the previous owner blew out reverse and drove it back to camp 5 miles stuck in first gear destroying everything inside. He cracked the main case - 1800$, 1st gear - 1800$, 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th - 700$ each hahah 

To be honest the labor for the transaxle was only 800$ of his time. Pulling motor, inner cv’s, pulling trans was I think 1800$ and reinstall. Diff bearing, Dog rings, shift fork assembly, reverse hub, reverse slider, reverse spigot, reverse bearing all replaced…. 

IIRC the fortin R&P's are very pricey or they were when I ran a Fortin wide gear.  I do know that Fortin's newer transaxle with the full billet case looks cool......

IIRC the fortin R&P's are very pricey or they were when I ran a Fortin wide gear.  I do know that Fortin's newer transaxle with the full billet case looks cool......
It better look cool for $50k.  It better make me a samwich for that price.  :)

Did not want to risk the old cooler could not get it clean … prob sludge … Was original since 2007.

In with a new CBR…. Kartek had them in stock.

IMG_3320.jpeg

IMG_3323.jpeg

IMG_3315.jpeg

IMG_3453.png

IMG_3455.png

IMG_3452.png

IMG_3458.png

Motor is in. Had some issues when I installed the motor. Thing would not start. Ended up being a faulty connector in my ancient ignition / motec box. Took the car back to Danzio. He is going to try and throw it on the rollers before Thursday. They are closed for the holidays. Either way if time runs out im taking her to glamis for New Years to atleast get her feet in the sand and some sunshine. I don’t care if it sits at camp at this point hahahaha

IMG_3415.jpeg

IMG_3411.jpeg

IMG_3410.jpeg

IMG_3409.jpeg

Motor is in. Had some issues when I installed the motor. Thing would not start. Ended up being a faulty connector in my ancient ignition / motec box. Took the car back to Danzio. He is going to try and throw it on the rollers before Thursday. They are closed for the holidays. Either way if time runs out im taking her to glamis for New Years to atleast get her feet in the sand and some sunshine. I don’t care if it sits at camp at this point hahahaha

View attachment 90014

View attachment 90015

View attachment 90016

View attachment 90017
Always something right!! I am heading out this week, text me if you want to meet up off gecko.

Old Wilson fuel rails were leaking. Chris was able to squeeze it on the dyno before they closed Thursday evening. Threw on all new aeromotive rails, fuel lines and AN fittings. No leaks. 

She is ready to roll! 

IMG_3568.png

IMG_3563.jpeg

IMG_3560.jpeg

IMG_3559.jpeg

IMG_3558.jpeg

IMG_3557.jpeg

IMG_3555.jpeg

IMG_3556.jpeg

IMG_3550.jpeg

201F4FD5-5F98-4EEA-AAFD-9ADA5E833E80.jpeg

IMG_3565.jpeg

IMG_3567.jpeg

Did they know much power loss there was running the UMP filters?

Last edited by a moderator:
Stoked for you man. I was going to have Karl with Shock Talk tune shocks but found out he charges $4k. Can't do it.  

I know it’s hard to soak that up….. Just like anything in this sport. hahaha But anything that guy touches EATS!

Back