Looking For Input On Diesel Bunkhouse Models

28ft Haulmark.  built very well.  going to try some things and put a weight distribution hitch on there and see.  Move the can am on the back of the lift and Funco all the way to the back door.  I will reweigh. still can't get away from the weight but I can try to reduce the tongue weight. Think It will still be too much so the trailer toad I think is in my future. solves a lot of problems hopefully wont cause too many more.   Nice New rig btw. congrats.   one day I will get another toter but I will need 4 slides. for sure. 
Do you need all the space of a 28’ stacker? Would certainly be much cheaper to get a different trailer than a new Moho. I think the 22’-24’ all alum stackers are about 7k#’s empty. 

Do you need all the space of a 28’ stacker? Would certainly be much cheaper to get a different trailer than a new Moho. I think the 22’-24’ all alum stackers are about 7k#’s empty. 
yes i do.    I called universal they said there 28ft stacker would have about 1200lbs of tongue weight.  55k cost and 7 months.  that is my issue is the 7 months.  well the 55k is also a issue.  lol.  figured I can sell my stacker and enclosed and cover the cost but time frame is killing me.  that is  a 106 wide trailer too. 

14 hours ago, Dockmaster said:

This video was made using my actual rig. I’m flying next Wednesday for orientation, delivery inspection and to drive it home. One of my first upgrades will be a Caliber 9 grill and paint or wrap the front bumper and mirrors in black. 

Beautiful looking rig!  How do they ride?? is it air ride, or leaf springs?

and this has a 20k tow rating with a single rear axle?

yes i do.    I called universal they said there 28ft stacker would have about 1200lbs of tongue weight.  55k cost and 7 months.  that is my issue is the 7 months.  well the 55k is also a issue.  lol.  figured I can sell my stacker and enclosed and cover the cost but time frame is killing me.  that is  a 106 wide trailer too. 
do you have a tongue weight scale? If not, they are very handy...

My 20' box stacker was right around 1,500 lbs loaded (tongue weight) they get heavy depending on where your fuel / water tanks / batteries etc are... and axle spread. 

Beautiful looking rig!  How do they ride?? is it air ride, or leaf springs?

and this has a 20k tow rating with a single rear axle?
Thanks! The rear has what they call the Airliner suspension. Full air, self leveling (I was told but haven’t confirmed yet),  and has a switch on the dash you can lower or dump rear air to reduce height or level when at camp. Front is not air. Yes, full 20k tow rating. 34,300 GVW and 60,000 GCWR. I don’t recall exact dry weight but it is like 7k#’s under GVW. 

You can actually get up to 30k tow rating on some Class 8 with single rear axle. To get 40k you have to go twin screw. 

On 1/10/2022 at 8:00 PM, Dockmaster said:

This video was made using my actual rig. I’m flying next Wednesday for orientation, delivery inspection and to drive it home. One of my first upgrades will be a Caliber 9 grill and paint or wrap the front bumper and mirrors in black. 

Love it. Cant wait to hear how you liked it driving home. I'm seriously considering the same model.

Love it. Cant wait to hear how you liked it driving home. I'm seriously considering the same model.
I was scheduled to go this Wednesday but had to postpone as I just tested +. I’ll go in the next week or two. I’ll be sure to report back on it once I drive it home. It’s a 1200 mile drive home over the Rockies so should give me a good feel for how it drives. 

The new Renegade is now home. Just drove it 1200+ miles to get it home. It dives fantastic. We flew to Denver Thursday afternoon. We were able to do a quick look Thursday night. Keep in mind, we bought this rig from photos, videos and reviews. We had never actually seen one or been inside one. It’s always a good thing when your first impression is that it is better than expected, especially when you wired the money before you got there. 
The group at Transwest in Frederick, Colorado is great to work with with. They did a 3 hour orientation and walk through showing us how everything works and making sure we were comfortable with it. The Aqua Hot unit was giving us some issues and these guys stayed on it until they were certain it was fixed. Turns out a service bulletin had just come out and our serial number was in the group. It needed a diode installed. They had the parts needed on hand and once and they installed the diode it has been flawless. A minor sink drain leak and a few adjustments and we were good. They encouraged us to stay the night in the RV in one of their camp spots to make sure all was good before we hit the road. They gave us phone numbers for after hours in case any issues. Temps the first night there were high teens but we were cozy inside. Second night was in Caldwell, Idaho where it got down to 12 degrees. In fact, we were well below freezing both day and night until we were a few hours from home. No heat issues whatsoever and the heater in the wet bay and the tank heaters all did their jobs perfectly. 
A few issues will need to be resolved. The Garmin/stereo unit in the cab has some bugs on the stereo side, the steering wheel is not centered when going straight and the coach door needs a little adjustment. Other than that all has been great thus far. The quality and features on this rig are really superb. I’m a very happy camper so far. 

Congrats glad your a happy camper and it meets your expectations as me was a good trip home 

Back