It's Saturday, 4-9-22 What are you doing today?

Went to the Carrol Shelby exhibit in Irvine with my grandson. 

AM / Taxes with the Kids

PM / San Diego Seals VS Colorado !!!!!!  Spending time with the kids and our Dog Peggy!!!!!

:poule:

My daughter and son in law just paid $550 for a 1935 built home in corona and already gutted half the inside. Wires in wall were taped up and lots of splices with wire nuts in the wall with no boxes. Crazy. I was there all day helping out 

71B4E273-B14D-446B-932C-0547F06EC126.jpeg

D2EF5D7B-5139-4ADB-871A-B330F6A15E20.jpeg

A76C752E-00A9-4D8D-93D9-6F21566B25AA.jpeg

Bought another frame for my '86 TRX250R project this morning. Son had a baseball game this afternoon (L) then watched the Angels get the W. Tomorrow catch up on Supercross, pick up the house and garage. Nothing crazy eventful.

I turned on the air conditioner a couple of days ago when the hot days were cooking us and smelled an unusual smell coming from the vents. Its that smell that something is getting hot, maybe plastic or electrical. I thought I better check things out before it caught on fire. I checked out the wiring in the furnace compartment, nothing seems hot or warm even. Grabbed the blower wheel and it seemed to turn freely and not loose or noisy. Reached up and touched the blower motor and WOW, that thing is hotter than a peanut. Its 25 years old so no complaints other than adding it to the do list.  Finished sealing the ledger stone that we have installed on the front of the house. 

Best part is our oldest grandson turned 13 Saturday. He had a soccer game in the morning that was fun to watch. Several school girls showed up to watch the game, they left early and on the way out they all yelled "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRODY". Grandpa going to tease him with that one for a while. The rest of the day with family and celebration. 

Church and ribs today.

Made good progress on the honey do list yesterday.   Got the fluids changed in the buggy (all good there),  and need to swap plugs and wires and I can do CVs. 

Went to a kids Easter event at my inlaws church then to a symphony concert with out boys at our local high-school that one of the SDSU bands put on.  Lots of fun.  

Hope to at least get the CVs out and soaking today.

20220409_163758.jpg

20220409_133940.jpg

20220409_133935.jpg

Made good progress on the honey do list yesterday.   Got the fluids changed in the buggy (all good there),  and need to swap plugs and wires and I can do CVs. 

Went to a kids Easter event at my inlaws church then to a symphony concert with out boys at our local high-school that one of the SDSU bands put on.  Lots of fun.  

Hope to at least get the CVs out and soaking today.

View attachment 29851

View attachment 29852

View attachment 29853
I like that you check your fire extinguisher pressure, thats one thing that gets overlooked. 

Yup, bought a ton for cars, house, TH, etc. after the GD.com member Jeff died in a sand car crash fire (gas tank didn't have a bladder I think) many years back. where do you go to get them refilled?

abc

Yup, bought a ton for cars, house, TH, etc. after the GD.com member Jeff died in a sand car crash fire (gas tank didn't have a bladder I think) many years back. where do you go to get them refilled?

abc

I don't think the majority of the new ones  you buy today you can refill.  I'm not sure you would want to anyway.  The valve mechanisms do not seem as robust as on a refillable extinguisher. Jmho, these are 3 or 4 year expense parts.  Kind of like CVs and 3rd gear in the Mendi. 

And fwiw, every year or two I remove mine from the mounts I made for them and turn them all kinds of directions and shake them up.  I want to be sure that the agent in them is not all compacted in one corner and won't come out.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the majority of the new ones  you buy today you can refill.  I'm not sure you would want to anyway.  The valve mechanisms do not seem as robust as on a refillable extinguisher. Jmho, these are 3 or 4 year expense parts.  Kind of like CVs and 3rd gear in the Mendi. 

And fwiw, every year or two I remove mine from the mounts I made for them and turn them all kinds of directions and shake them up.  I want to be sure that the agent in them is not all compacted in one corner and won't come out.  
Yeah I have a few never used ones that are out of the ‘green’

Geoff crashed by Gecko and friends of mine were there. I was camped in the washes. It had to be 10 years ago, because I sold my rail the same time he built his new BFG car, (both Lighting McQueen themed) and ours were both for sale at the same time.

I went fire extinguisher crazy after his incident/passing so mine are all 10 years old.

Guess I’ll just buy new ones.

RIP Geoff Naylor.

Thanks,

abc 

B1787F53-94B8-41F5-9B82-EE75F1FA3574.jpeg

Yeah I have a few never used ones that are out of the ‘green’

Geoff crashed by Gecko and friends of mine were there. I was camped in the washes. It had to be 10 years ago, because I sold my rail the same time he built his new BFG car, (both Lighting McQueen themed) and ours were both for sale at the same time.

I went fire extinguisher crazy after his incident/passing so mine are all 10 years old.

Guess I’ll just buy new ones.

RIP Geoff Naylor.

Thanks,

abc 

View attachment 29856
Get some of these. https://elementfire.com/

I turned on the air conditioner a couple of days ago when the hot days were cooking us and smelled an unusual smell coming from the vents. Its that smell that something is getting hot, maybe plastic or electrical. I thought I better check things out before it caught on fire. I checked out the wiring in the furnace compartment, nothing seems hot or warm even. Grabbed the blower wheel and it seemed to turn freely and not loose or noisy. Reached up and touched the blower motor and WOW, that thing is hotter than a peanut. Its 25 years old so no complaints other than adding it to the do list.  Finished sealing the ledger stone that we have installed on the front of the house. 

Best part is our oldest grandson turned 13 Saturday. He had a soccer game in the morning that was fun to watch. Several school girls showed up to watch the game, they left early and on the way out they all yelled "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRODY". Grandpa going to tease him with that one for a while. The rest of the day with family and celebration. 

Church and ribs today.
The capacitor is probably bad, at 25 years I’d do both at the same time. My bet is the capacitor you could test/change it and see if it cures the issue.

Nothing like hearing the boy is getting ready for church and he hollers down that there is no hot water.  Looks like bottom element burned out. Tried to drain it but sediment was in the way.  Damn thing jizzed all-over me.  Off to HD I go.

20220410_135716.jpg

Nothing like hearing the boy is getting ready for church and he hollers down that there is no hot water.  Looks like bottom element burned out. Tried to drain it but sediment was in the way.  Damn thing jizzed all-over me.  Off to HD I go.

View attachment 29866
Sometimes those plastic drain valves on the water heater won't reseal when you turn the water back on. Get garden hose cap at the hardware store while you're there, might save a trip.

Back