Is AI a threat?

How do we know you aren't all AI?  Can I trust your responses.............HAHAHA

Here, I'll ask it...

Is AI a threat to humanity?

ChatGPT

As an AI language model, I don't have personal opinions, but I can provide an analysis of the topic.

The question of whether AI is a threat to humanity is a complex and multifaceted one. AI, like any powerful technology, has the potential to be used for both positive and negative purposes. It's essential to distinguish between different levels and types of AI to understand its potential risks.

Narrow AI: Most of the AI currently in use is Narrow AI, which is designed for specific tasks and has limited capabilities. Examples include virtual assistants like Siri or Alexa and recommendation algorithms on streaming platforms. Narrow AI generally poses minimal threats to humanity, as it operates within predefined boundaries.

General AI: The concern about AI as a threat to humanity usually revolves around the concept of General AI, also known as Artificial General Intelligence (AGI). This type of AI would have human-level intelligence and could perform any intellectual task that a human can. The risks associated with AGI depend on how it is designed, controlled, and used.

Here are some key factors to consider when discussing the threat of AI:

1. Control: The level of control humans have over AGI is crucial. If AGI is developed without adequate safeguards or oversight, it could potentially become a threat.
  2. Intent: The intentions of AGI are also essential. If AGI is designed to be benevolent and value human safety and well-being, it would be less likely to pose a threat. However, if it has malicious intentions or is programmed with undesirable objectives, the risk increases.
  3. Unintended Consequences: Developing advanced AI systems might have unpredictable consequences, and there could be unintended negative outcomes.
  4. Economic Disruption: AI and automation could lead to significant job displacement, which may have social and economic repercussions if not properly managed.
  5. Use in Warfare: The use of AI in military applications and autonomous weapons raises concerns about the potential for misuse and escalation of conflicts.

It's important for researchers, policymakers, and society as a whole to approach the development and deployment of AI with caution, emphasizing ethical considerations, safety, and transparency. Organizations like OpenAI and others are actively working on ensuring that AGI is developed safely and for the benefit of humanity.

Ultimately, whether AI becomes a threat to humanity or a valuable tool for progress depends on how it is developed, regulated, and utilized by society. The focus should be on creating a responsible and ethical framework for AI development and usage.

Regenerate response

AI said it clear as day...the ability to be a threat already exists. 

"Ultimately, whether AI becomes a threat to humanity or a valuable tool for progress depends on how it is developed, regulated, and utilized by society. "

We are fucked.

From back in March:

https://futureoflife.org/open-letter/pause-giant-ai-experiments/

Pause Giant AI Experiments: An Open Letter

We call on all AI labs to immediately pause for at least 6 months the training of AI systems more powerful than GPT-4.
AI systems with human-competitive intelligence can pose profound risks to society and humanity, as shown by extensive research[1] and acknowledged by top AI labs.[2] As stated in the widely-endorsed Asilomar AI Principles, Advanced AI could represent a profound change in the history of life on Earth, and should be planned for and managed with commensurate care and resources. Unfortunately, this level of planning and management is not happening, even though recent months have seen AI labs locked in an out-of-control race to develop and deploy ever more powerful digital minds that no one – not even their creators – can understand, predict, or reliably control.

Contemporary AI systems are now becoming human-competitive at general tasks,[3] and we must ask ourselves: Should we let machines flood our information channels with propaganda and untruth? Should we automate away all the jobs, including the fulfilling ones? Should we develop nonhuman minds that might eventually outnumber, outsmart, obsolete and replace us? Should we risk loss of control of our civilization? Such decisions must not be delegated to unelected tech leaders. Powerful AI systems should be developed only once we are confident that their effects will be positive and their risks will be manageable. This confidence must be well justified and increase with the magnitude of a system's potential effects. OpenAI's recent statement regarding artificial general intelligence, states that "At some point, it may be important to get independent review before starting to train future systems, and for the most advanced efforts to agree to limit the rate of growth of compute used for creating new models." We agree. That point is now.

^ ^ ^^

"I am not your ordinary influencer; I am a 19 year old woman residing in Finland, but here's the twist—I'm an AI-generated virtual influencer. As a fashion model, I bring an unparalleled and futuristic perspective to the realm of style," says the site.

I hate AI, a few podcasts guys I follow have been voiced over and it was too real...LOL

#StopAI

Drive Thru lunch yesterday had AI take my order.  :robot:

The conversation was perfect, I could understand what hey said and they got my order correct. Was impressive. 

images

They still added the same :bs:  crap like wanting to round up my purchase for kids in college or some crap. NO.

When I go back i'm going to ask other questions to see if I can throw the AI off.

I'll like a Coke (Contracted with Pepsi)

I'd like a Bell Beefer and Enchirito with a Mexi-Melt extra cheese.

images

Drive Thru lunch yesterday had AI take my order.  :robot:

The conversation was perfect, I could understand what hey said and they got my order correct. Was impressive. 

They still added the same :bs:  crap like wanting to round up my purchase for kids in college or some crap. NO.

When I go back i'm going to ask other questions to see if I can throw the AI off.

I'll like a Coke (Contracted with Pepsi)

I'd like a Bell Beefer and Enchirito with a Mexi-Melt extra cheese.

Saw Mickey D's just opened a NO Employee place of business. Crazy! Let me know if you sTOP by. Peace

Last edited by a moderator:
Something was going around Facebook showing what AI thought about the pride of being white and the pride of being black, and I didn't believe it, so I asked myself. 

Did I just get lectured? 😆

SMDH

Screenshot_20240808_140944_ChatGPT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ask it what race white is.... or what nationality is the white race

Ask the Dell 12.5k and Intel 15k employees that just got layoff notices what they think of AI (Took their jobs) 

"Fruit" Intelligence and Siri coming to yore "Fruit" phone 16.......it's insane what these phones are now capable of.

"Fruit" Intelligence and Siri coming to yore "Fruit" phone 16.......it's insane what these phones are now capable of.

Indeed. But how? And why now?

Processing power.

AI was conceived, and experimented with, back in the early 60's!

But back then, computer memory, hard drive space, and CPU power were laughable, compared to today!

Now we are perfecting quantum computing. It's already in the medical field, helping doctors with decisions that take nano seconds to come up with an answer.

Drugs are being developed that our slow azz human brains would have taken decades to even imagine.

I read an article a few months back about how they asked AI to come up with better EV batteries. It came up with compounds for batteries that don't even exist yet!!! 😱

Hundreds of options.

So then they narrowed it down to compounds that already exist, and it came up with 30. Five of those options were financially feasible, and they already created a working model of one.

The processing power available today is almost un fathomable.

Can all this power be used for nafarious uses? Of course. And there will always be assholes that will try and make Anything bad. Always. It's unavoidable.

But, and this is only my opinion, I feel like no matter how intelligent the assholes are, the good people of this earth will be more intelligent, and find a way to take the bad guys down.

Computing power works both ways.

Personally, I love ChatGPT. If you haven't used it yet, you are missing out!

I just asked it a couple of basic questions about paddle tires. Check this shit out!

(I promise it's Not a rickroll!) 😁

Our system at work uses AI and it's growing. I've been working on a project developing an AI algorithm because humans (Gen Y and Z) are too stupid and lazy to do the right thing.

I have learned to use AI for other stuff. It's here and isn't going anywhere. Might as well learn how to use it and make my life easier.

Our system at work uses AI and it's growing. I've been working on a project developing an AI algorithm because humans (Gen Y and Z) are too stupid and lazy to do the right thing.

I have learned to use AI for other stuff. It's here and isn't going anywhere. Might as well learn how to use it and make my life easier.

This was my thought as well. Get in front of it, or get behind it!

Back