Inside trailer lights...???

^^^ This would work as well.  I thought you said you already have a battery in the trailer?  This is a very easy project, you have this one for sure🤪

This has been pretty entertaining!

Dbart, what exactly do you plan to run off the inverter? How big is the inverter? How big is the battery in CCA or Ah?

Once you decide what you want to run off of the inverter, then you can put together an electrical system to accomplish that without wasting money buying stuff that's too small/too big or doesn't accomplish what you want.

^^^ This would work as well.  I thought you said you already have a battery in the trailer?  This is a very easy project, you have this one for sure🤪
I already have a car battery in my trailer...not hooked up to anything though. It looks cool. :lmao:

So, when I camp, the battery is used to run my tv/dvd combo. I hook up my inverter to the batter then I watch TV. When done I simply disconnect the inverter.

What I am wanting to do is run my LED lights in the trailer off the battery as well without making it too complicated.

That is why I thought of that 7 way male end...drill, mount, hook up the correct wiring to the battery and then I have use of my lights and usb charging port.

That's it.

My microwave and coffee maker run off my generator, so there is no need for massive power from my battery.

I already have a car battery in my trailer...not hooked up to anything though. It looks cool. :lmao:

So, when I camp, the battery is used to run my tv/dvd combo. I hook up my inverter to the batter then I watch TV. When done I simply disconnect the inverter.

What I am wanting to do is run my LED lights in the trailer off the battery as well without making it too complicated.

That is why I thought of that 7 way male end...drill, mount, hook up the correct wiring to the battery and then I have use of my lights and usb charging port.

That's it.

My microwave and coffee maker run off my generator, so there is no need for massive power from my battery.
OK, now I see what you're trying to do. Several people have already given good advice on how to hook them up.

well-waiting.gif

I thought I wanted an enclosed trailer! Now, not so sure 😆

Ok, Dbart. Here's what I would do... I would run about a 10g red wire from the car battery positive, tapped in to the 12v hot wire on the trailer plug. Then, just ground the battery to the trailer. You will have 12v power to the trailer as if it was hooked up to the truck when disconnected. You will still be able to run your inverter and have the battery charge when hooked up to the truck. 

Edited to add: the charging occurs when the truck is running only, otherwise just 12v piggy backed to the truck battery when trailer is connected. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I wanted an enclosed trailer! Now, not so sure 😆

Ok, Dbart. Here's what I would do... I would run about a 10g red wire from the car battery positive, tapped in to the 12v hot wire on the trailer plug. Then, just ground the battery to the trailer. You will have 12v power to the trailer as if it was hooked up to the truck when disconnected. You will still be able to run your inverter and have the battery charge when hooked up to the truck. 
that's the plan.

I got the male end of the 7-way...Just need to drill and mount it to the front of the trailer, then connect the right wire to the positive plus a fuse in between, then a ground.

that's the plan.

I got the male end of the 7-way...Just need to drill and mount it to the front of the trailer, then connect the right wire to the positive plus a fuse in between, then a ground.
Fancy 😁

I'm brown guy, so I just cut and shank the wires together vato 😆

It wouldn't hurt a thing. If you need peace of mind, fuse the wire and even put an on off switch in line. 

A positive plus a positive is only a positive. Repeat! 😅

57264-full.jpg

Fuses are for people that run the correct gauge of wire....  

Fuses are for people that run the correct gauge of wire....  
Sorry if my gauge of wire offends your expertise. I just see what's hanging on the rack at O'Reilly 😁 but yea, while I review the play, 10 gauge is overkill for 2 LEDs in the ceiling. What do you suggest? Should he post the specs on the LED lights? Or how more can you help? 

Ok some fun stuff today. Installed new tall cabinet and got the main wiring harness in. 

I still have to clean up the inside. The screws are too long and there's a gap I need to cover up. But the main part is in as far as the wiring. 

IMG_20220212_134336803_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220212_134221443_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220212_134029959_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220212_134033260.jpg

IMG_20220212_134000270.jpg

Why the 7 way as an entry? Must have been a bitch to tighten the nuts. Try some t nuts 

Why the 7 way as an entry? Must have been a bitch to tighten the nuts. Try some t nuts 
I have long arms. :lmao:

I had a friend help. 

Yeah this is not the conventional way of doing this, but it simplified a lot of things for me. 

:dbart:

Back