How is your view from work today?

I have gone thru a few of those!  :lol:  
It is a #2 cyl from a 360 stc conversion 172. I hate these ones because they extend all 4 risers evenly making each one a “custom application” which takes more time in temp fixturing and drives up cost. Best method is to use r/s model risers (only cyl’s 2&4 required)

alert to pilot was he could only get 200fpm climb at 7am 70* weather at 800’ elevation 😬

You need one of these :deal:

96D2D986-6A03-4D0D-B576-9E212F9C4C2B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a #2 cyl from a 360 stc conversion 172. I hate these ones because they extend all 4 risers evenly making each one a “custom application” which takes more time in temp fixturing and drives up cost. Best method is to use r/s model risers (only cyl’s 2&4 required)

alert to pilot was he could only get 200fpm climb at 7am 70* weather at 800’ elevation 😬

You need one of these :deal:

View attachment 39911
That won't fit on my 172 O-360 conversion?

Got a pic of one on a bird?

I only get a few years out of mine.

Is it noisy?

Last edited by a moderator:
That won't fit on my 172 O-360 conversion?

Got a pic of one on a bird?

I only get a few years out of mine.

Is it noisy?
It will fit. The crossover is built to the engine, the tailpipes adapt it to each application. This particular one is actually for a 170 w/o-360 conversion. I have 4 stol drag guys running these  

I have an argon service, every three weeks or so they swap out my empties for fulls. Was changing my bottle today and noticed the ring said “property of U.S. ARMY AIR FORCE” got to thinking, they havent called it that since ww2. Sure enough look closer at the bottle and its got cert stamps going back to 1943!

if this bottle could talk!

6834EC01-D730-474F-82D1-166B36987B18.jpeg

6A01A059-4966-43E1-8F82-49ECB2E4EF71.jpeg

I have an argon service, every three weeks or so they swap out my empties for fulls. Was changing my bottle today and noticed the ring said “property of U.S. ARMY AIR FORCE” got to thinking, they havent called it that since ww2. Sure enough look closer at the bottle and its got cert stamps going back to 1943!

View attachment 52221

View attachment 52222
that one would almost be worth keeping and paying the core for a new bottle, good stuff there :luvflag:

View attachment 52221

View attachment 52222
That is cool, now I have to go check the dates on some of mine. DON~~~

Don't see that very often in y'alls neck of the woods. Peace

This was after I got back to the yard...ye ole "Thunder Bolt Grease Slapper" on the left is mine....who drove that? 

Not sure how much it snowed.  But, it was dry why I left.  When I went past it was way different (45min later).  Then, when I came back, after another 45 mim., it was a hockey rink.  Conditions were such that the snow would melt and freeze.

I had to be very careful, or I'd light up the duals, both sides....and the ABS was kicking on like crazy.

20221215_115133.jpg

Yore post makes Paul (DRBG) Smile - RIP

yosemitebear-paul-vasquez-1.jpg

Back