Ghost camping 101

Any ghost camper, any real ghost camper will tell you don't use cones, or caution tape... 

...I mean, I heard that or something. 

-TJ
Your circa 2003 forum oldness is showing sir. :biggrin:

But, you wouldn't know about real ghost camping anyway.  To properly ghost camp, one must spend most of their time not in their camp, leaving their chit out there unoccupied for the "haters" to look at with envy. Proper ghost camping requires weeks of inactivity to truly bring about the mystique.

I was at Home Depot and there was a sign on the door saying there was a shortage of large skeletons.  Im guessing there will also be a shortage of Ghosts this year too.  Not sure how this affects peoples camping plans.

No shortage of invisible man though, so will probably see a-lot of that until ghost supply catches back up with demand.

Your circa 2003 forum oldness is showing sir. :biggrin:

But, you wouldn't know about real ghost camping anyway.  To properly ghost camp, one must spend most of their time not in their camp, leaving their chit out there unoccupied for the "haters" to look at with envy. Proper ghost camping requires weeks of inactivity to truly bring about the mystique.
It was a botched attempt at a F&F "Any racer, any real racer..." Yoke.  But, you're right... I wouldn't actually know about real ghost camping. 😉

-TJ

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a botched attempt at a F&F "Any racer, any real racer..." Yoke.  But, you're right... I wouldn't actually know about real ghost camping. 😉

-TJ
You never ghost camp you just leave the wife and dogs out there for 6 months and fly in like a boss! LOL save my spot! 😆

I miss parking at Gecko, but my camp group has lots of kids on small quads.. they like to set up around a kiddy track so we can just kick it and let them run the track, usually 10-13. Have only camped on Gecko a few times since selling the rail.

That's why I love my set-up.. don't need a pad... more truck than I need for my little 5th wheel,.. have no issues parking in the sand off of the pads. 

I just can't understand why Glamis can't just add $20 to all the passes and build double the number of pads. Maybe I have the 'math' wrong, but that seems like a simple solution.

abc

I miss parking at Gecko, but my camp group has lots of kids on small quads.. they like to set up around a kiddy track so we can just kick it and let them run the track, usually 10-13. Have only camped on Gecko a few times since selling the rail.

That's why I love my set-up.. don't need a pad... more truck than I need for my little 5th wheel,.. have no issues parking in the sand off of the pads

I just can't understand why Glamis can't just add $20 to all the passes and build double the number of pads. Maybe I have the 'math' wrong, but that seems like a simple solution.

abc
Because most people in ISDRA don't camp on Gecko.  Not because lack space....

That's why I love my set-up.. don't need a pad... more truck than I need for my little 5th wheel,.. have no issues parking in the sand off of the pads. 

abc
They could easily drop the passes to $100 ea. and afford to add more area to the pads every summer.

abc
X2

Shoot I’d pay double for my season pass if I didn’t have to pray for a spot to open up on gecko 

I don't want more parking on Gecko, but would like to see some other camping options on the West Side.  I really don't like the washes due to dust, crowds, small dunes, trains at 4am, and the vendors.

I would rather pay nothing and have them remove  the Trash Cans, Gecko, all the Pads, The Rest Rooms and any other "improvements" they are charging us for. 
The good old days were men were men and atc/quads and rails ran over someone's poo that could not make it to the bush.    LOL!!!!

I agree on this, I started going to Glamis in 87 when nothing was there but the Glamis beach store, Dirty Bob's and Clean Genes. Fell in love right away, Started on the pads for years then moved to wash road. Stopped going when the rangers started handed out all the tickets. We switched to the other dunes but this year going to do at least 2 or 3 trip at Glamis

done the pads a few time and have now transitioned to the washes and I gotta tell you guys I absolutely love it and will never go back to the pads...small dunes rock on a quad, the dust is bad but I stay at wash 1 and find it better then deeper in the washes, parking on a big weekend is crazy but it just goes with it.also I have 2 trailers in Glamis storage so pulling back and forth over 78 is better then running up and down 78.i find it nice to be close to the dunes and that's it...I just love the washes...each there own.and lets not forget about cel service between pads and the washes.

The good old days when you took a dump on the fringe of the camping areas but left your helmet on so nobody could identify you! 🤪
Black_SoftTouch_helmet_predator_wolf_a.jpg

Back