GD Street Cars

Negative camber kit first. 
Wear, despite a track day and living in the sticks (bombing rural roads constantly), is even Steven at factory pressures (hot on track).  It's McStrut up front, so additional camber would be either crash bolts (which I hate) or "pillow ball" style upper mounts that F with scrub radius and hammer chit to death.  

So, meh. :biggrin:

Why do all BMW nerds refer to their car by Exx instead of what's on the trunk lid, like everyone else?
The Exx and Fxx (and now Gxx) are not the model (which is what's on the trunk, as you put it) they are the chassis designation.  Roughly, they equate to generations, E36 for example being '90-00 ('00 only in the little 3-door hatch) model years encompassing 2 door, 4 door, wagon, 3 door hatch, etc.  In the newer stuff (Fxx and newer, I believe) the chassis code also designates 2 vs. 4 door or wagon.  For example, F30 being a regular 4 door sedan, F31 being a wagon, F34 being a 5-door hatch thing but NOT a wagon, etc.  Within a designation, like F30, you can still have different model designations like 320i, 335i, etc. which is what's on the trunk lid.  

The closest parallel would be C1, C2, C3... C8 etc.  Within a given body, like C6 there could be base coupe/targas, Z06s, ZR1s, etc. 

-TJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Drive this occasionally, my sons and I built this for my Dad. He had talked about turning this into a modern driver so we stuffed a C-5 corvette suspension under it, CBM LS power and 6 spd tremec.

IMG_2981.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
That GT3 is my dream car (well next to a GT2RS). Nice rides!
Thanks. A GT3 was always my one bucket list car that I'd get one day and it didn't disappoint! I have an aftermarket exhaust on it as well, there's just nothing like the sound of 9000 rpm shifts!

Thanks. A GT3 was always my one bucket list car that I'd get one day and it didn't disappoint! I have an aftermarket exhaust on it as well, there's just nothing like the sound of 9000 rpm shifts!
I had a Turbo S and wanted a 992 GT3 but they are getting 50-100k over msrp. Decided to get something else for now. I’ll get one eventually.  

I had a Turbo S and wanted a 992 GT3 but they are getting 50-100k over msrp. Decided to get something else for now. I’ll get one eventually.  
C'mon, post that something else, it's not exactly a slouch!  😉 😄

-TJ

• Haha
Reactions: cek
 I was quoted 30k from my local dealer and am considering getting the allocation. The spec I would build would be right at 200k, plus the 30k markup, which is not much more than 991.2s are getting with 10k miles. There's a bunch of 992s on the market for about 300k. Reality is that at 230k, you could drive it for a couple years or so and sell it for what you paid. 

KB isn't even in the ball park on Gen 3 Coyote stuff. Whipple is King Daddy followed by VMP, and then Edelbrock. 
VMP has more CARB options, including the super conservative Ford Racing job. 

I was quoted 30k from my local dealer and am considering getting the allocation. The spec I would build would be right at 200k, plus the 30k markup, which is not much more than 991.2s are getting with 10k miles. There's a bunch of 992s on the market for about 300k. Reality is that at 230k, you could drive it for a couple years or so and sell it for what you paid. 
Exactly.  I can't play in that game, but I have a buddy that's had a few RS cars and he's always managed to buy them well, drive them for a few years (including track use) then sell at a *profit*. 

-TJ

Back