Fire System Install

I have always had a system in our class 7 truck to all my buggies. 
Current G52 Funco has nozzles at our feet and between the seats to flood the seating area. 
Last nozzle is on the engine. 
Never had to use thank god!

Just an FYI, a buddies Razor caught fire while running, the wind blowing the flames towards the back. Once he stopped, the flames filled the front seats. 
We all discussed after the fact, keep a calm head and BEFORE you stop, release your belts and get ready to bail the second you stop!

Stay safe and alert my fellow Duners!!

@Rampage42 makes a very good point.  being alert and communication in the group with radios is a key safety factor.

I have always had a system in our class 7 truck to all my buggies. 
Current G52 Funco has nozzles at our feet and between the seats to flood the seating area. 
Last nozzle is on the engine. 
Never had to use thank god!

Just an FYI, a buddies Razor caught fire while running, the wind blowing the flames towards the back. Once he stopped, the flames filled the front seats. 
We all discussed after the fact, keep a calm head and BEFORE you stop, release your belts and get ready to bail the second you stop!

Stay safe and alert my fellow Duners!!
That is definitely something that should not only be communicated among the group but if you have kids take the time to sit down and talk exit strategy with them.  Maybe even have them do it a few times.  

This actually makes me question my own parenting having kids that started out when they were too little to even work the belts.  

thank god that wasn’t one of my life’s hard lessons. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That is definitely something that should not only be communicated among the group but if you have kids take the time to sit down and talk exit strategy with them.  Maybe even have them do it a few times.  

This actually makes me question my own parenting having kids that started out when they were too little to even work the belts.  

thank god that wasn’t one of my life’s hard lessons. 
My kids are grown but an excellent idea to practice! Them being in the back would feel the first of the fire.
mom with you, thank god not a life lesson.  

Back