Fire insurance in cali and “the fair plan”

Sausage450r

Reaction score
Been with farmers 13 years, no claims, low hazard score. Renewal doubled two years ago, renewal doubled this past year again. And just got notice of cancellation. 

only option is govt fire through the ca fair plan. That is 4500$/year and an addition supplemental for liability and theft is 1500$ so looking at a 6,000$ premium 

get ready, you’re all next

Gavin newsom can eat a super size bag of pee pees

Fawk a duck.

I used whatever company Costco goes through, not sure if they're writing new policies.  They just re-inspected my property and increased costs, but not that much ($400/year increase to $1700 total).

Last edited by a moderator:
Contact a broker first before you go with the fair program. That’s what we did and it was a substantial savings.  Good luck California is doing everything it can to get people to leave. 

Contact a broker first before you go with the fair program. That’s what we did and it was a substantial savings.  Good luck California is doing everything it can to get people to leave. 
This is through my current broker

i am going to try to get another quote for just fair plan and see about supplemental through usaa

Last edited by a moderator:
And yes: Newsome can eat a back of d!cks.  It's a constant cycle of CA-subsidized bums starting fires that are then put out by 18 aircraft.  Controlled burns?  Land clearing? Allow low-impact fires to burn? Fawk all that.  Let's just keep putting them out and letting the fuel build until we have a strong Santa Ana condition and blame it all on climate change!  Most CA Chaparral is supposed to burn every now and then.  A significant number of the plant species ONLY reproduce when burned, that's how common fire has been historically.

Ever hear of gigantic out of control wildfires wiping out millions of acres in Mexico?  Me neither.  They let them burn there and protect structures only.

i went thought that with my condo in santee a few years ago...  IIRC i put a thread on here asking for help with agents, but i cant find the thread.  i had to do the CA fair plan and another policy for the rest.  ended up being twice as much...

And yes: Newsome can eat a back of d!cks.  It's a constant cycle of CA-subsidized bums starting fires that are then put out by 18 aircraft.  Controlled burns?  Land clearing? Allow low-impact fires to burn? Fawk all that.  Let's just keep putting them out and letting the fuel build until we have a strong Santa Ana condition and blame it all on climate change!  Most CA Chaparral is supposed to burn every now and then.  A significant number of the plant species ONLY reproduce when burned, that's how common fire has been historically.

Ever hear of gigantic out of control wildfires wiping out millions of acres in Mexico?  Me neither.  They let them burn there and protect structures only.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/25/us/new-mexico-wildfires-missing/index.html

Fkn State Farm canceled my home owners Ins. Never notified me.  I have 27 vehicles all thru the same office and broker. Not one call.  I found out 8 months later when my mortgage co asked for the policy. 

Long story but I called a bunch of brokers and no named internet only offerings.  One mentioned Mercury Ins. 

I called them. It went extremely well.  Had to download a simple app.  Take a few photos of the house, electrical panels, under the sink, the kitchen etc.  Had coverage that night 12:00.

Paid the whole year up front.  $1375.00

I am not in a fire hazard or flood zone so the risks may be lower than you all.

Good luck.

Costs on homeowners  has gone thru the roof, just like autos....the state refused to let insurance companies raise prices for years.... now we are at a tipping point where it's either huge increases or companies leave...  just like normal life, if it cost you 2.00 for every 1.00 you take in...no sense in being in business. 

Thats new mexico retard. Diff places. 

thanks for your contribution. You can share the bag with newsom

View attachment 111225
Lmao!!!  You are correct sir !  I did miss read his Mexico statement, thought he said New Mexico :classic_biggrin:   Carry on.

I have had Wawanesa in San Diego for 23 years and live on a canyon, not sure if I am considered a fire risk or not.  Have never made a claim.

100% correct

My insurance from State Farm doubled this year. From $2000 a year to $4000. I priced around and it was more through the Fair plan, Bamboo plan, etc.

I am in a fire area, but my home is almost fireproof with no wood on the outside of the house. Already had a fire rip through at 2am on a hot WINDY morning.

It surrounded my place, melted my sprinklers, burned my landscaping. 6 neighbors homes burned to the ground. I never called the insurance, I paid to fix (2019). So i've  been lucky. This was called the Hillside Fire.  I'm sure it will double again soon.

GetMedia.ashx.jpeg

IMG_5782.jpeg

DSC_0042.jpeg

IMG_0213.jpeg

There’s a similar “fact check” article out there that’s hilariously shallow reporting:

https://www.reuters.com/article/world/fact-check-wildfires-do-affect-canada-and-mexico-idUSKBN2672GR/ 

Terrible.  Yes, Mexico has wildfires.  No, Mexico does not have ridiculous fires where the whole fücking region burns to the ground like we do.

For example: 

https://www.nfpa.org/news-blogs-and-articles/blogs/2021/05/11/mexico-suffocated-by-wildfires

Worst season on record for Mexico, which is twice the size of CA, is 287,000 acres.

Hold my fücking beer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_California_wildfires

1.5M acres

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_California_wildfires

859k acres

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_California_wildfires

1.59M

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_California_wildfires

1M

And so on.

Point is: Mexico lets nature nature.  They fight fires to save people/evacuate, and if they can, structures. 

We fight any/all fires in a biome that has a significant number of plants that only reproduce when burned.  It’s absolutely insane unless you consider the agenda of furthering climate change as fact.

HOA's are now getting dropped as well.  If an HOA can't secure insurance, those houses inside the HOA will drop in value fast.  Total shiatshow.

Just went through this when I bought my home. My broker (Kessler Allair) was able to get me insurance through Mercury. 

Spoke with usaa yesterday, i cant even get a supplemental policy from them (they have seriously gone downhill last 10 years)

mercury was a no go as well for fire or supplemental. 

the insurance companies are specifically not writing policies in california. Period. Cost to rebuild is insane here ($347/sqft average low end $600 on the high end)

Back