Death near Osborne, now with news report of how

John@Outfront

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Camped at Osborne for last trip of the year. There is a group of about 30 people filming a movie. They rent a few razors. A younger like 25 year old was in the back seat when the razor rolled. No carnage to razor so guessing a slow roll but he died. My Guess is no seat belt. Nobody likes to hear that. Sand is hard to read middle of day

Last edited by a moderator:
Sucks to hear. If the case of no seat belt, it’s just another senseless death that should have never happened. 

Maybe because I grew up going to the desert, but not wearing a seat belt has never been an option or thought. You would think with the seatbelt laws we have for on the road, that it would be second nature to just put it on. 

If they were part of a movie set or crew, I’m sure we will hear more about it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sucks to hear. If the case of no seat belt, it’s just another senseless death that should have never happened. 

Maybe because I grew up going to the desert, but not wearing a seat belt has never been an option or thought. You would think with the seatbelt laws we have for on the road, that it would be second nature to just put it on. 

If they were part of a movie set or crew, I’m sure we will hear more about it. 
You must be younger than I. I remember going out to Ocotillo and everyone would sit on each other's lap in four seat buggy's. Helmets were optional on the atc's..

What a tragic loss. 
Using the proper safety equipment is so important. 

You must be younger than I. I remember going out to Ocotillo and everyone would sit on each other's lap in four seat buggy's. Helmets were optional on the atc's..
I’m 50, but maybe because my family raced Baja from the mid 70’s that we just grew up putting seat belts on. I do remember not wearing helmets on the 110 ATC. Plus we never wore a helmet in the buggy. But 4 & 5 point harnesses were never a question. 

Either way it’s sad to hear when a life is taken doing something we all love and take for granite. 

Sad to hear. Wonder of the rental had stock shoulder belts only?

Sad, i blame the rental agency for not expressing how important body restraints are.   

I drive all day on the street without safety belt because F U can’t tell me what to do 

aside from backing in and out of the trailer, everyone in my car must be properly in 5 point or it doesn’t go in gear.  

RIP, kid just trying to have fun.  

There are two ways to insure if there is a crash you survive.  This person choose to not do at least one. Sad RIP

Sad, i blame the rental agency for not expressing how important body restraints are.   

I drive all day on the street without safety belt because F U can’t tell me what to do 

aside from backing in and out of the trailer, everyone in my car must be properly in 5 point or it doesn’t go in gear.  

there were a lot of people  my guess is 30 of them, im sure the person who rented it was told but im sure this was not passed on to anyone else of the group.  im sure it was like "hey guys check this out, who ever wants to take it --go for it"

when a passanger rides with me i make sure they are fully and properly belted in before the trip begins

I blame Jesus for allowing sand to be uneven.

Back