chEFFs Dream Home Build

ChEFF

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
And so it begins! The Wife and I are "STOKED" to say the least. It's been 20 years in the making. Lots of Thought / Time / ICDB / Money has been put into this 2 acre lot in Grapevine Texas. Purchased the dirt for $150,000. Had two(2) horse barns on the property. Tore one(1) down and leaving the other. Possible shed / mancave / extra living qtrs who knows. Original drawings had to get X-Nayed........(Champagne Taste on a Beer Budget) Finalized the drawings, sent the Bid to our banker. Bank Committee had only ONE QUESTION....."What's with the Garage?" The man likes his Toys! Today might not be the best time to build your Dream Home thanks to Lumber Costs / Availability / EFFN Plandemic / EFFN Govt. etc...etc...etc... Well anyway, back to the Build chEFF. Purchased two(2) pieces of equipment to do all the dirt work. Build a Water Feature and Golf Course! Yes, Da chEFF might never leave his fortress! Except to come see y'all on TOP of a Dune! We've had nothing but rain this spring season so who knows how long this house will take to complete. Lets say Start Date MAY 1st 2021. Any Opinions and Recommendations will be taken into consideration. Here we go. Lets get Erected! Peace

Favorite Picture.JPG

KX 080 Excavator.JPG

Lots of Thought / Time / ICDB / Money has been put into this 2 acre lot in Grapevine Texas. 
Let alone all the wasted cocktail napkins.

Congrats on the beginning of this chapter of your life and I am sorry for the start of the most stressful thing you will ever do.

Things to think about, functionality, ergonomics, storage, electrical outlets (especially in the garage!), extra space in the circuit panel, RV hookups, extra hose bibs, irrigation hookups run for water and electrical, etc...

If this is your dream home, I assume you might consider this your LAST home.  Think about things and the design for when you're older and are slower moving or worse around the house (walker access?)

Have an understanding with the builder.  As they get it framed, go in and look and make sure where you want outlets and such.  Maybe run conduit for audio visual stuff if you like wires and such run through the walls.

Water filtration/water softener.  Put the house on full house filtration if you need or want.  Do it from the get go and protect your pipes and appliances.  Easy access and replacement, and extra HVAC filters.  Easy access to utility maintenance.

Just some of the stuff I think about.

Where Do We Begin? Before we start, this piece of property had Horses / Donkeys / Longhorns / Cattle spending it's time compacting the dirt. Many years. I'll post pictures to give you the lay of the land! Peace

IMG_3330.JPG

IMG_3483.JPG

The Inspector came out to inspect the 69 piers poured. He started asking questions. "I'm sorry sir, the builder is over there. I just own the place."

He said, I've heard about you. You like your Tractor. Why yes I do! Peace

Xcavator Pond Look.JPG

I been to that property it is amazing I know what is coming and can't wait to see it done..

A lot of talk about this property J T, and how many stories and ideas we’ve thrown together. I’m so looking forward to it. Just make sure you have that Augusta number 12 green set up perfectly for my 112 yard club. ❤️👍

Congratulations building your dream home is challenging but in the end so rewarding enjoy 😊 

Oh Btw if ya Need someone to Look after "Black Betty" too get it out of the way for ya I know a Guy..Hahahaha.. Seriously congrats Brother and I look forward to seeing it all done I have heard for Years about it time to make it Happen

Put in some hookups first. 
I’ll come and help once I finish supervising my current landscaping job in Garden Grove. 

Ok, this is sofa-king AWESOME! :dbart:

So stoked for you. Congrats!

Put in some hookups first. 
I’ll come and help once I finish supervising my current landscaping job in Garden Grove. 

Hook ups are in FOG! Come on down. Peace

Back