caption this

So my diesel guy had this cool guy plug. Custom 70 pin connector to plug into the motorhome side of the ECM. We knew there was an issue with something in that plug. Had a hell of a time and still never found a pinout for it. Found an old thread on the RV forums showing me the two constant hot leads and then the switched power lead. Those checked good. Took a guess on where the ground was going in and found this single wire going into two wires. One of the two wires was not showing any connection after this junction. Ran a new ground wire directly from the battery to this junction and it starts and runs finally again. Need to throw that beast of a drive shaft back in and go drive it.But pretty sure this is the issue. A couple of codes that came up with the scanner but I'm hearing it is drivable.

20220311_093827.jpg

20220311_093832.jpg

20220312_130343.jpg

Reactions: THD
They probably could've less lazy about how they installed the CAN terminating resister.  LOL

They probably could've less lazy about how they installed the CAN terminating resister.  LOL
I don't follow you? 

I did play with that wire some more and was getting a good ground through each side. Now thinking it was somewhere along the single wire or where it terminates. With a direct ground to the battery she is ready to rock. Make that kitty CAT purr. 

I don't follow you? 

I did play with that wire some more and was getting a good ground through each side. Now thinking it was somewhere along the single wire or where it terminates. With a direct ground to the battery she is ready to rock. Make that kitty CAT purr. 
The resistor between the green and yellow wires.  Those are for the data connection in the power train.  Typically it's housed within a separate connector by itself.  Or inside the ecu.

Nothing to do with what you're dealing with.  Just something I noticed...

Last edited by a moderator:
The resistor between the green and yellow wires.  Those are for the data connection in the power train.  Typically it's housed within a separate connector by itself.  Or inside the ecu.

Nothing to do with what you're dealing with.  Just something I noticed...
Oh got it. That is on his test plug. Don't recall seeing that in my actual harness going in. Maybe something he did special for testing.

Back