Can Am - crack brat to respectable stripper

Nice choice on the RC model. Did you ever consider buying a aftermarket frame and just swapping your parts over? There seems to be a few guys now making replacement X3 frames. Just asking as you already had so many good upgrades in your X3, and many were brand new too! I’d figure the frame swap cost would be way cheaper then starting over and you could end up with a great car. 

I know you are negative & bitter about Robby, Todd and the Speed car, not really sure why?  But you just spent pretty close to what the Speed car cost and you still have the same design flaws your old X3 had. And you will be spending several thousand more in upgrades to make the X3 stronger and safer. Just saying as you like to talk sh!t about what Speed is building, instead of supporting what others are excited about. 

There’s nothing wrong with liking the Can Am X3 and buying another one. I think it’s great you like the X3. Im happy you found exactly what you wanted, and could get it during these inventory shortages.  

But whats funny is all the negativity that comes out of your mouth about Speed, and now you have to build up a new vehicle with a bunch of known design flaw issues that Can Am knows about and ignores. Not a business model I like. 

But I look forward to seeing your build and hope you enjoy your new machine while I continue to wait for mine. 
No hate or negativity about Speed, RG or Todd.   I think you are reading my poking fun as much more.  I am just a little realistic about expectations and the fact the Speed UTV was not going to be delivered in the original time frames.  

The only Speed UTV that interest me is the 2 seater.  I am not waiting a year for it.  Not to mention the cost of it will go up significantly after they get done with the the ones that the price is locked in. 

Yes the Can Am has flaws and I am well aware of them.  They addressed some frame issues but not all with the newer models.  I never had an issue with the front end of my X3 as far as frame concerns or suspension mounting points.  It was the rear of the frame in the engine area that gave out.   I had 8000 miles on my car and no issues with the engine.  Transmission was good until the frame let go.   It is not like it fell apart after 500 miles.   

Frame swap was a possibility; however, the aftermarket Geiser frame and the others is a lot more work and fabrication than I think people realize.  It is not a straight swap to a Geiser frame.  There is a lot of fabrication that needs to be done.  If you can not do the work yourself the cost of the swap is quite significant.   If I was racing a UTV that fame is the perfect platform to start.  

I have almost every part I wanted to keep and can put on the new ride.  The things that won’t swap over I will sell and get what I need.  What I don’t need that is  currently on the new car I will sell.  So between the two I should not be too much money wise into building up this car the way I wanted.  

This car I have more knowledge of what works and in theory can build it up smarter so to speak.

I have a cage on order from Fabwerx and will be getting the shocks done by Tom Morris.  I already talked to him and will get the shocks set up differently than my previous car. 

I am looking forward to working on it and building it up (cake decorating 🤣🤣)

Doggy, 

Dont get your panties in a wad! 

I thought what I said was very nice. I thought the RC was a great choice.  Asked about a frame swap. Was happy he found one with the inventory shortage, and I look forward to seeing him spend more money making it his own. 

If I said something else that you took as crap! Then just look at it as I’m crashing the party and stirring the Sh!t pot like Sand Shark does in both the original and current Speed threads. It’s not like I’m proposing we get to 200 pages for all the fixes that is needed to make the X3 better. 

Your right it will probably take me till 2025 to put 8K miles on my UTV. When I get there I’ll let you know what I think. 
Hey if I can dish out the Crap stirring, I can certainly handle some coming my way.  I don’t take it personally.  

The end of the day we all have the same interest in having some fun in the desert and dunes.  

We can compare notes when you get to 8,000 miles.  

Good looking car. And believe it or not but some of us actually like working on our cars. Building a car the way I want it (to me) is almost as fun as driving it. 

But because I am an internet warrior......keyboard master.........My Speed CAD rendering will kick your Can't-am ass!!!! 

Good looking car. And believe it or not but some of us actually like working on our cars. Building a car the way I want it (to me) is almost as fun as driving it. 

But because I am an internet warrior......keyboard master.........My Speed CAD rendering will kick your Can't-am ass!!!! 

You warriors!!   

I am looking forward to working on it and  getting it set up the way I want it. 

Very cool. Will you be starting a new build thread?

Congrats on the new ride, would be great to hear the upgrades made from the last model as you tear into and make it worthy of yore garage.

Always enjoy your threads, build ups and tear downs to fix stuff and the insight into the UTV market you have.

#8000Miles :crazyeyes:

Very cool. Will you be starting a new build thread?
Yes, I will do a build thread once I start the process.  It will be a long process as I probably won't see my cage until September.   

Congrats on the new ride, would be great to hear the upgrades made from the last model as you tear into and make it worthy of yore garage.

Always enjoy your threads, build ups and tear downs to fix stuff and the insight into the UTV market you have.

#8000Miles :crazyeyes:
Thanks.   I will for sure try to document the changes from the my last one.  I already see Can Am added cross bars on the frame under the driver and passenger seat.  

Wow, 4 months for just a cage? 
Yep,  it could be done sooner.  He has a lot of cages ahead of me to build.  My cage will be a little different than the normal cage he builds with some extras.  

A lot of the cage builders are several months out right now.  

Yes, I will do a build thread once I start the process.  It will be a long process as I probably won't see my cage until September.   
Looking forward to your build thread. I am very new to the side x side world and very interested in what people do to make them better. 

Frame swap was a possibility; however, the aftermarket Geiser frame and the others is a lot more work and fabrication than I think people realize.  It is not a straight swap to a Geiser frame.  There is a lot of fabrication that needs to be done.  If you can not do the work yourself the cost of the swap is quite significant.   If I was racing a UTV that fame is the perfect platform to start. 
Can you elaborate on what fab work is needed for the Geiser frame swap?  It looked pretty complete from what I saw of it...

Can you elaborate on what fab work is needed for the Geiser frame swap?  It looked pretty complete from what I saw of it...
There is no dash bar, so you need to fab one up if you intend on using your stock stuff.  There are no seat rails so you have to fab those up or cut out the ones in the stock frame.   Have to either weld tabs or drill and install nutserts for the skid plate.  There are some additional cross bracing that can be added from what I was told.  If you plan on running the radiator in the stock location you have to fab up the frame to do that.    It is not a straight forward swap like it would be with a Can Am frame.  

Geiser frame is a great platform if you plan of racing your UTV or if you have the skills to do all the work yourself.  The average person that can not do the work it would be a lot of money. 

There is no dash bar, so you need to fab one up if you intend on using your stock stuff.  There are no seat rails so you have to fab those up or cut out the ones in the stock frame.   Have to either weld tabs or drill and install nutserts for the skid plate.  There are some additional cross bracing that can be added from what I was told.  If you plan on running the radiator in the stock location you have to fab up the frame to do that.    It is not a straight forward swap like it would be with a Can Am frame.  

Geiser frame is a great platform if you plan of racing your UTV or if you have the skills to do all the work yourself.  The average person that can not do the work it would be a lot of money. 
Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the info!
No problem.  There is a thread on the Maverick forum from a member that did the swap.   I spoke to him and there were a lot of hours involved in doing it.     

I forgot to add you have to fab up the Geiser frame so you can run the stock gas tank.  

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem.  There is a thread on the Maverick forum from a member that did the swap.   I spoke to him and there were a lot of hours involved in doing it.     

I forgot to add you have to fab up the Geiser frame so you can run the stock gas tank.  
That sucks, the ST video on it made it sound like it was just a swap not a fab job...

I just notice the title of my thread was changed to brat in place of wh---!   LMAO!!!!

Back