Calling My Name

I like the renegades, that’s probably why I got one. Tomorrow will be the first time towing a trailer with it, hopefully it performs as promised. 600hp and dt12 trans. I think the renegade type coach will do a superior job over a diesel pusher any day. 

Newmar builds a great coach.  The King Air is the only product they make they classify as a bus.  I've driven one any they are incredibly  solid.  The "Comfort Drive"  steering (licensed from Newell) is the way to go.   I'm sure you did your research and know the specs  

They say in a Class A, “if you get in a collision YOU are the first on the scene.” Nothing but a windshield between you and the rest of the crazy drivers out there. Yes, RV accidents are rare as compared to standard auto accidents. And having the mass of an engine and the vehicle frame in front of you is no guarantee but it helps my piece of mind. I bought a brand new 2022 Renegade Verona and paid less than half the asking price of that Newmar. It’s not as fancy or as plush but it is very comfortable and well appointed. It is fully rated to tow 20k, drives like a dream, has 150 gals H20, and 75 gal gray and black tanks. Power cord reel, Power hose reel a huge kitchen (by Moho standards) and a king bed. It literally takes less than 5 mins to set it up and I love having everything available on my phone so I can stand outside to ensure slides clear, jacks deploy, etc. 

There are numerous support groups that are great for info and upgrade ideas. The Renegade owner’s are near cult like. They are also very protective of the brand so don’t go on the Renegade page bashing it or you’ll get some backlash 😀. I will likely upgrade to a Classic in a few years as I get close to retiring but for now, we are very happy with our Verona. 

As for the parks that are only Class A, I say F—K them. Who wants to be there with those A-holes anyway. Most Class A are less of a Moho than a Renegade. Besides, most will tell you if you really want to be at those parks you just send a picture of your Renegade and they let you in. 

They say in a Class A, “if you get in a collision YOU are the first on the scene.” Nothing but a windshield between you and the rest of the crazy drivers out there. Yes, RV accidents are rare as compared to standard auto accidents. And having the mass of an engine and the vehicle frame in front of you is no guarantee but it helps my piece of mind. I bought a brand new 2022 Renegade Verona and paid less than half the asking price of that Newmar. It’s not as fancy or as plush but it is very comfortable and well appointed. It is fully rated to tow 20k, drives like a dream, has 150 gals H20, and 75 gal gray and black tanks. Power cord reel, Power hose reel a huge kitchen (by Moho standards) and a king bed. It literally takes less than 5 mins to set it up and I love having everything available on my phone so I can stand outside to ensure slides clear, jacks deploy, etc. 

There are numerous support groups that are great for info and upgrade ideas. The Renegade owner’s are near cult like. They are also very protective of the brand so don’t go on the Renegade page bashing it or you’ll get some backlash 😀. I will likely upgrade to a Classic in a few years as I get close to retiring but for now, we are very happy with our Verona. 

As for the parks that are only Class A, I say F—K them. Who wants to be there with those A-holes anyway. Most Class A are less of a Moho than a Renegade. Besides, most will tell you if you really want to be at those parks you just send a picture of your Renegade and they let you in. 
Safety item that's a must in class A, rope ladder to throw out a window when front door is crushed and bound from impact.

I look forward too the step ladder you get me too look through the windows of the new coach

Had a mid-night talk with "CAPTAIN OBVIOUS". Lots of solid info was shared. I am a big fan of the Renegade. I too want that engine in front of me. We don't RV PARK. We dry camp. Generator / Rest Stops / Glamis / Motocross Races / Supercross Stadiums. So The CLASS A ONLY parks.....EFF Them is right. The King Aire has always been my Dream Coach but...........600hp 12 speed transmission, front engine mount. Sure looks good. We'll see what wins out. Right now, the Dream Home HAS to get completed. Then we'll see where our funds and thoughts are then. Peace

Had a mid-night talk with "CAPTAIN OBVIOUS". Lots of solid info was shared. I am a big fan of the Renegade. I too want that engine in front of me. We don't RV PARK. We dry camp. Generator / Rest Stops / Glamis / Motocross Races / Supercross Stadiums. So The CLASS A ONLY parks.....EFF Them is right. The King Aire has always been my Dream Coach but...........600hp 12 speed transmission, front engine mount. Sure looks good. We'll see what wins out. Right now, the Dream Home HAS to get completed. Then we'll see where our funds and thoughts are then. Peace
Wait what you’re actually using your head?  This isn’t like you. 

The plane tickets are nothing.

The tax is $41K, at only 7%.

Then there is TTL

Diesel to get that thing to you at 1,500 miles, and 8 mpg is $750....at $4 a gallon

Jeff,

Buy a Giant 5th wheel (avaliable for 35K and up) and park it in Glamis for Life...Have it serviced there and drive your F350 out from Texas / Stay in a hotel 1 night...no stress.......

King Bed

Cherry wood Cabinets

Lots of Storage

High Ceilings

Giant Bathroom

LARGE Tanks / Lots of water

EVERYTHING you need to be comfortable 

100X Cheaper and WAY Better for wash 22 where you camp........I dont understand why you are making it soo complicated.....

STOP / LOOK and make the decision that works best......Ive seen you tow a stacker 1500 miles behind a coach and all that was inside was a quad and a atc 70 :dunno:

Im telling you / The Giant 5th wheel is PERFECT....You will be able to pay year round storage and all maintnence for the cost of the Taxes and Registration on that monstracity complicated rolling taj ma hal!

Remember / KISS......keep it simple stupid !!!!

I know I am right!

:poule:

Last edited by a moderator:
You will be soo better off and will have enough to buy a nice gasser moho to keep in TX to use year round.

best of both worlds!!!!

Did you wake up today with a set of balls between your legs ? Buy the pusher 

1) If you REALLY want a new moho; wait 8 months.  Interest rates will be 2%+ lower AND prices will be slashed as dealers hold inventory and people get desperate for $.  Remember the days of the good old 'fire sale'?

2) A Renegade pulls 10x better than a rear engine coach.

I really like that idea. Fire Sale! And, pulling is a HUGE part of our set-up. 1250 miles one way to our camp. I wonder how much Storage the Renegades have compared to the Class A? Peace

Jeff,

Buy a 35K Giant 5th wheel and park it in Glamis for Life...Have it serviced there and drive your F350 out from Texas / Stay in a hotel 1 night...no stress.......

King Bed

Cherry wood Cabinets

Lots of Storage

High Ceilings

Giant Bathroom

LARGE Tanks / Lots of water

EVERYTHING you need to be comfortable 

100X Cheaper and WAY Better for wash 22 where you camp........I dont understand why you are making it soo complicated.....

STOP / LOOK and make the decision that works best......Ive seen you tow a stacker 1500 miles behind a coach and all that was inside was a quad and a atc 70 :dunno:

Im telling you / The Giant 5th wheel is PERFECT....You will be able to pay year round storage and all maintnence for the cost of the Taxes and Registration on that monstracity complicated rolling taj ma hal!

Remember / KISS......keep it simple stupid !!!!

I know I am right!

:poule:

The Man ain't no dummy. He's got a good point. The weather Summertime in Glamis. How much of a beating is the 5th wheel going to take? Definitely a different routine. Fuel. MTC. Food. Change is good? Trap sent me this. Could this be the staple in the Dune community forever? 

New 2023 Forest River Rv Cherokee Wolf Pack 365PACK16 For Sale in Denton, TX - 5028125742 - RV Trader

Peace

Maybe learn how to Ghost Camp? Peace

That Rig looks good @Esco. Seems to be a TON of these things available. I like the FIRE SALE ones. Peace

Back