CA bans the sale of new diesel trucks by 2036! Jeebezus! Things are out of control in CA.

I sometimes think these leftist just try to one up their fellow woke leftist which is why these laws/ordinances get more insane over time.

Portland now is proposing banning fossil fuel delivery trucks in a 16 block area downtown. What effen good would that accomplish? They would have to unload the goods from fossil fuel trucks into zero emission trucks or vans to get them to their destination in that 16 block area! And they are using a $2M grant from the feds to implement this. And they boast they are the first to do this! 

City delivery, and drayage work is the only viable application for the battery trucks. We used to BS at coffee with a FedEx driver pulling a wiggle-wagon Vegas-Phoenix-Vegas five days a week. That's not long haul per se, but there is no way an electric rig can turn that run in one day.
My buddy is the manager of Vons Pavillions in Laguna Beach...some of the delivery trucks are EV.

Normal truck would do 6-7 stores a day...EV's, 3 stores max, then has to get back to base to charge for 18 hours!

:simrak:

What a effing sh+t sow this is going to be.

Every politician implementing this EV crap better be running all EV's themselves, no Private jets, no Blacked out Suburban's taking them everywhere, etc...

Talk the Talk...they better walk the walk. But we all know that will NEVER Happen!

EFF THEM ALL!

I was always under the impression. that airplanes (jets, passenger) were the most offensive polluters. Let's see the electric passenger planes.
Pretty sure that is true too!

Next they will ban air travel in and out of CA except for these morons and their private jets!

They will mandate the Bullet train to go cross country.

:bag:

I was always under the impression. that airplanes (jets, passenger) were the most offensive polluters. Let's see the electric passenger planes.
Airplanes you and I ride on: relatively clean and efficient per passenger mile (45-77mpg per passenger).  Private charters elites use to zoom around, yeah...  Maybe 30mpg/passenger, assuming the jet is loaded to the max with occupants.  1-2 people?  3-6mpg equivalent...

Airplanes you and I ride on: relatively clean and efficient per passenger mile (45-77mpg per passenger).  Private charters elites use to zoom around, yeah...  Maybe 30mpg/passenger, assuming the jet is loaded to the max with occupants.  1-2 people?  3-6mpg equivalent...
They are almost there  - this has 20 minutes flight time -  

https://jetson.com

I can see "superchargers" you just fly 45 minutes, charge 4 hours and go again - not too bad - LA to NY in 2 days

They are almost there  - this has 20 minutes flight time -  

https://jetson.com

I can see "superchargers" you just fly 45 minutes, charge 4 hours and go again - not too bad - LA to NY in 2 days
LOL.  RC airplanes have actually come quite a ways...

But the penalty for a battery dying mid-flight is a little lower there.

I don't understand the pessimism ?  They will get it done perfecty just like Jerry's high speed rail.  

Last edited by a moderator:
People can't drive cars, now they think they'll be able to fly???

Or worse...it's like clueless people driving boats and sea doo-doo's, but in the SKY! :simrak:

Is a 2-seater a Side By fly?

ACCELERATION OF DARWIN'S LAW

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no way our electric grid can support all of this BS ideology being forced on everyone....for those of us in CA....start planning your exit plan....this chit show is about to go to Level 10 sooner versus later! 

The dimwits in office now will be long gone by the time this gets implemented and whoever is in office at the time of its collapse will just blame Trump!

Hmmm....was just thinking, out of the last 100 cars that you have seen with out-of-state license plates how many were fully electric ? 

I guess its easier to stick close to home 😝

The crazy CA bans are making RV manufacturers get ahead of alot of this  -  Most of the top manufacturers (5 I believe make most of the 180 brands). All  have all bought Lithium battery companies and are prepping everything for solar 

Given CA has already outlawed Genny's  and others are  going to follow CA and CA is outlawing Propane in RV's  soon although the date is not a done deal the legislation is in -  first your Natural gas stove in your house now your Propane stove and everything else in your RV

You will not be able to buy a Propane Frig in 3 years, NorCold already stopped making them and Gas water heaters, Dometic said 2024 is the last year  - frigs are going 12v

How do you dry camp with no shore power and an electric frig, electric stove/ Microwave , water heater and heater  without a Genny ?  Right now it's impossible for me to see - Maybe with 1000 watt solar and sunny days and 4  $1000 high end fast recharge lithium batteries  - but thats a stretch if you are using heat or AC. at all

One more way for Government  to limit campers to controlled areas

And Let me know what its like to stop and charge your EV Pickup every 100-120  Miles on a trip towing a 5th wheel and thats the biggest truck battery not even shipped yet (the RAM)

Can we please go back to the CA of the 80's (bad air and all)

The crazy CA bans are making RV manufacturers get ahead of alot of this  -  Most of the top manufacturers (5 I believe make most of the 180 brands). All  have all bought Lithium battery companies and are prepping everything for solar 

Given CA has already outlawed Genny's  and others are  going to follow CA and CA is outlawing Propane in RV's  soon although the date is not a done deal the legislation is in -  first your Natural gas stove in your house now your Propane stove and everything else in your RV

You will not be able to buy a Propane Frig in 3 years, NorCold already stopped making them and Gas water heaters, Dometic said 2024 is the last year  - frigs are going 12v

How do you dry camp with no shore power and an electric frig, electric stove/ Microwave , water heater and heater  without a Genny ?  Right now it's impossible for me to see - Maybe with 1000 watt solar and sunny days and 4  $1000 high end fast recharge lithium batteries  - but thats a stretch if you are using heat or AC. at all

One more way for Government  to limit campers to controlled areas

And Let me know what its like to stop and charge your EV Pickup every 100-120  Miles on a trip towing a 5th wheel and thats the biggest truck battery not even shipped yet (the RAM)

Can we please go back to the CA of the 80's (bad air and all)
I'd be fine with the 90s. :biggrin:

Or the early 2000s.

Something happened in 2008 and our politics have gone down the shitter.  Hmm...  Can't remember what that was...

I'd be fine with the 90s. :biggrin:

Or the early 2000s.

Something happened in 2008 and our politics have gone down the shitter.  Hmm...  Can't remember what that was...
"Dark Times" Wink wink nudge nudge  :poke:

:lmao:

Imagine the suspension it would take to make the trucks a smooth ride. Peace

Back