Bugs fixes modifications thread

The "mark site as read" tab was also handy...and would be especially handy now the everything is "unread".

dont let guests post till they are validated
View attachment 119552
That got fixed as soon as we merged to xenforo. The invison site was about to ruin everything as it needed a lot of upgrades. What we are seeing in these guest posts were from the last 5 days using Invision. They were getting in and somehow transfered to xenforo on Thursday. I cleaned up close to 100 of them. The rest you are finding in random older topics that I just haven't been able to groom. Should be good on any new stuff but expect to find a few more of these that are in older dead topics.

The pics that used to be full size are now thumbnail size.

This image used to be the 1/2~ the allowable space in it's original thread. Not what you see below, as it is now.

View attachment 119617

I downloaded this pic, and it's a Very small pic. It's being shown full size, so that all the space it takes up.

Screenshot_20240831_172912_Gallery.jpg

If I upload a biger pic, it should take up more space on the screen? Let me try one.

20240831_170635.jpg

Vs...

1725144963603.png

So moving forward, it just depends what a people upload.

Hope that explains it?

The old platform had a pop up if you had notifications. Would be useful since it moved and is much smaller.

Avitar images seem to have changed as well. Mine is only the upper half of what it should be.

Most modern browsers will automatically block pop-ups.

To see any Notifications you might have waiting for you, first tap the red lightning ⚡ and then you'll see the number of new Notifications, right next to it.

Screenshot_20240831_172531_Chrome.jpg

What he was saying was old posts with full size photos became thumbnails after the transition.

Oh I gotcha now. They were probably auto resized during the import?

Maybe @RiverDave can have his people look into that? 🤷‍♂️

That happened with rdp as well.. every time j old
Thread gets bumped etc I just go in and resize them by pushing full image. I think it just kinda is what it is in that regard

I would like more contrast between the text and background. It’s difficult for us old guys to read.

On a phone...
I just shy of never navigate this site on mobile,. Where is the "hamburger" on a pc?

What's happening around here is a wholesale platform change. Yep. I get it. BUT..................

The easiest way to lose members that are left is to make it difficult. Difficult to view, difficult to follow, difficult to post. Want to lose 90% of the members left? Make if MORE of a bitch to post pics. Let's not do that..That was a common compliant before.

Last edited:
I just shy of never navigate this site on mobile,. Where is the "hamburger" on a pc?

What's happening around here is a wholesale platform change. Yep. I get it. BUT..................

The easiest way to lose members that are left is to make it difficult. Difficult to view, difficult to follow, difficult to post. Want to lose 90% of the members left? Make if MORE of a bitch to post pics. That was a co

The easiest way to lose members that are left is to make it difficult. Difficult to view, difficult to follow, difficult to post. Want to lose 90% of the members left? Make if MORE of a bitch to post pics. That was a common compliant before.

My bad. I just assumed you were on a phone.

I'll try and do better next time.

The easiest way to lose members that are left is to make it difficult. Difficult to view, difficult to follow, difficult to post. Want to lose 90% of the members left? Make if MORE of a bitch to post pics. Let's not do that..That was a common compliant before.

Should be in the upper right hand corner.. if you are in your phone turn it sideways to see the full view with all the buttons.. vertical is just the most common functions

Maybe it's just me but I see a gap in the photo.....

Very tight. Might have to explore further.

I would like more contrast between the text and background. It’s difficult for us old guys to read.
Especially if you're going to edit something, so you highlight a block of text, for example:

1725384595775.png

My text is highlighted, but... yeah.

My gripe:

What happened to multi-quote?

Very tight. Might have to explore further.

Especially if you're going to edit something, so you highlight a block of text, for example:

View attachment 120157

My text is highlighted, but... yeah.

My gripe:

What happened to multi-quote?

After you quote the first person you want to quote, and maybe reply, put the cursor where you want the second quote to show up, and go quote the second post. And so on, and so on, and so on!

Back