Best Dune Rides

ChEFF

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
I'm confident everyone has had some awesome Dune Rides. This one was EPIC. Only three of us (sndsmplr / Rivermobster / chEFF) on quads ripping thru a beautiful day in Mother Glamis. did I say Ripping? We were on the Gas. The only stop was to breathe. Cause it was one of those rides. Da chEFF didn't have to look back with these guys in tow. It was a classic run. And, Rivermobster happened to take The most Beautiful Pics of all time. Notice the silhouette of a Professional Duner........the strength behind all that HP. The Reason for Being. OH.................and that back drop.........................Breath Taking! Share some of your great Rides. Tell us your stories. And if you have some pics to go with it.........I'm excited to see and hear it. This is the first of many from Da chEFF! Thanks Rivermobster for the Killer Pic! Peace

FAV Pic Mobster.jpg

For us the best dune rides were never planned. We all loaded up and headed out, and they just happened. Folks didn't break down, there was no traffic. The sand was epic, the lines flowed perfectly, just Glamis showing us a GREAT time.

Dumont Dunes October 2008

New group, all quads on fresh razor backs...was epic. The lines, the beers and the friendships made.
FB_IMG_1726156697022.jpg
FB_IMG_1726156706790.jpg
FB_IMG_1726156702299.jpg
FB_IMG_1726156711280.jpg

This had to be 06-07, we were flying.

Attachments

• IMG_20150308_202729267.jpg
    IMG_20150308_202729267.jpg
    843.7 KB · Views: 14
I can't say it was the ride although @RPMsRUP did lead most of the runs he was limited by us SxS's, it was the trip. Friends of 20+yrs united by sand, neighborhoods and with new families created a whole new vibe in 2023!IMG_4007.JPGIMG_4040.JPGIMG_4008.JPG

My best dune ride at Glamis was led by Tim Gantz. Tim can put together a nice flowing ride and a good pace. That was several years ago and I still think about that run periodically.

I'm confident everyone has had some awesome Dune Rides. This one was EPIC. Only three of us (sndsmplr / Rivermobster / chEFF) on quads ripping thru a beautiful day in Mother Glamis. did I say Ripping? We were on the Gas. The only stop was to breathe. Cause it was one of those rides. Da chEFF didn't have to look back with these guys in tow. It was a classic run. And, Rivermobster happened to take The most Beautiful Pics of all time. Notice the silhouette of a Professional Duner........the strength behind all that HP. The Reason for Being. OH.................and that back drop.........................Breath Taking! Share some of your great Rides. Tell us your stories. And if you have some pics to go with it.........I'm excited to see and hear it. This is the first of many from Da chEFF! Thanks Rivermobster for the Killer Pic! Peace

View attachment 121511

There is NO better ride than riding with da chEFF of the world and his brother Rob T. These guys KNOW how to read the sand like no other.

One day we stopped and chEFF tells me...

You wanna lead? :eek::eek::eek:

I'm like...

Fuck no!!! I have no clue what I'm doing!!!

Well, I did get a lesson from Rob one day. He told me you Always ride to the ridge, take a good look around, to make sure no one is in the aera...

Then look back, and make sure that last guy in the line is still there (the last guy is just as important as the leader, cause if Anyone breaks down, he will stop and wait with him), cause if he's there, you don't have to worry about anyone else. If he's still there, LET IT RIP!!!!!

So I knew that much about leading, but that was about it, so chEFF tells me...

Look at the sand, right here, under your feet, see the ripples?

Me: Yeah? And?

See how the tops go a certian way?

Me: Yeah? And?

So that's how you know how what direction the wind blew last night! And when you know that, you know what side of the dune will fall off, and which side will be soft and smooth!

Me: Uh, ok, So now what??

He laughs his big ol chEFF laugh and says, now look around mobster, you see what I'm talkin about, when you look around you?

I look. And I'm starting to SEE the dunes in a whole different way...

He says, now look for the lines you can take. Look for the path that's not there yet, but that you're gonna make in the sand bro, see it??

And I kinna do. I see the lines you can connect the dunes with. I see the curves, the twists and the turns. I see the ripples, telling me which side of the dunes to stay on. Can I do this? Can I lead??

Go mobster. YOU lead he says!

I'm like, ok, but I really don't know what I'm doing here, but If I go slow...maybe??

I get about maybe a dozen GOOD turns in!!! I'm like holy shit, this is WAY COOL!!!

I pull up to the ridge to look around at the dunes, at the pack, look down at the sand, and I'm thinkin...

This ain't no fun!!! I'm spending all my time thinking. Planning. Watching. Totally focused on everything around me, that I'm not Enjoying the ride half as much!!! lol

I said...

Someone else lead, this shit is work!!!!!!!!

Rob and Jeff are just naturals at it. They have been doing it for decades on end.

I fall back to my favorite spot. The #2 rider. And I'm happy to be in MY spot.

That's my story. Here's my wall pic. I think @Chummin took this one of me...

20240912_104155.jpg

This was a fun ride, not so much hauling ass but just playing on perfect sand with no one else there up above the flag pole

Attachments

• IMG_0135.jpeg
    IMG_0135.jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 8
When you see the Dunes like this............Transitions are Gnarly. Navigating them smoothly at a high rate of speed is challenging. RT and I were enjoying Mother G all by ourselves. Sitting on TOP of the Fingers. One Dune East of China Wall. Beautiful Scenery. It's amazing......every time I'm off the quad or SXS and looking around I'm always Nervous. How the heck are we going to get thru all this? One thing about this place, it always makes you stay on your toes. Be alert. Focus. And as we always say......."They're called RPM's.....Get on 'Em!" Peace

Fingers RT JT.JPG

Boyz Trip 2023...about 20 sxs, 12-15 big cars, probably 8-10 bikes, fast lines great group of guys. Doug who makes our shirts and calendars is an awesome leader. Fun times. I missed our 2024 Trip, but looking forward to 2025. Our immediate group which is about 7-8 of us (not all could make it), 2nd pic...the best group ever! So much fun with those clowns, LMAO
Cheers
20230325_122744.jpg20230323_102011.jpg

I am usually leading. If the group is smiling when we take a break or get back to camp then it was a good ride. Early morning rides are great when no one is out there and can't beat a good night ride.

So many great night rides on quads and in the SXS. All great stories at the campfire usual start with "remember that night ride . . . "

Those that live in Havabrew should know this guy right? Kennie ( was a mod on this board) was\still is an event coordinator and started these events called Gatherings, nice party at night lots of riding, this was in the early 2000s so it was all quads, dirt bikes and 1 buggy this dude called FHJ, radest times and the real beginning of GD.

1726179292829.png

Last edited:
Here's one of the Great Dune Rides. Went Five (5) Years Alcohol Free. From age 45-50. Loaded up the cooler like the old times. My First Alcoholic beverage was on a Dune ride. Honestly............I was nervous to pop the top. Or in this case, twist the top. We had to Go rip some dunes first......................then, Beer Stop. Yes, I was the reason for the beer stop but in a good way. Our Motto is "Don't be the reason for the Beer Stop" And in this case, it was a good thing. Peace

IMG_0862.JPGIMG_1425.JPG

Have you ever had one of the Greatest Dune Rides ever? And they were the shortest Dune Rides ever. Well, we have that almost every Sunset. We call it our Sunset Ride. And most of Y'ALL know exactly where that is located. Come visit sometime. Our entire group including the little ones can make it there. Peace

IMG_2109.JPG

IMG_0847.JPG

For some of Y'ALL who received an invitation to attend one of these awesome EPO Races, we had one format that was the Best Race of All. Team Timed racing. We had a Super time. Scat / chEFF / Paule. We had the greatest time of all the teams. The favored team................well...............they ended up in a sling. That's Racing! Peace

IMG_1004.JPG

IMG_0997.JPG

Back