Back in the saddle again...

Congrats Dale. Long over do my friend. 

when can I borrow it?

Get yourself some lower doors on Amazon. They are cheap and well worth it. Probably going to want an air pumper set up. I went with Rugged but PCI is good too. The aftermarket list is endless but I would just get out and enjoy the hell out of it before going too crazy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Dale!

Glad to hear your back in the saddle. 

Cheryl and I and some of my friends went to Silverwood Lake Sunday for the Maiden Voyage!

Holy Moly this thing is awesome.

Still just breaking it in, so not going great guns!

Some pics of the day! My buddy Dave bought the Black one.

My wife loved it...she's good for Day trips which is totally cool with me! I could hear her going WOOHOO over some things we got a little air off and also these high banked corners just railing the turns she was digging it!

I did scare her a couple times when we had to do a some slow rock crawls over some big stuff....got the front left tire up about 3' in the air which means her side was angled down!

:bag:

:lmao:

88876.jpeg

88874.jpeg

88880.jpeg

IMG_20220807_131711556.jpg

IMG_20220807_090515663_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220807_110707563_HDR.jpg

88884.jpeg

IMG_20220807_091706130.jpg

@dbart  So happy for you dude.

A little update...

I was at the SSSSXSSUTVS, Sand Show Super Side X Side Speed UTV Show and ended up getting a set of Disco sticks for my can am.

I wasn't going to do this, but...oh well, impulse buy! :lmao:

Now, I had a ride coming up and wanted to use them but didn't have time to wire them up correctly so I just wired them to a Cig-adapter plug for temporary.

Well, I had some time this past weekend to do it right and got ready and prepped...laid out all the tools, lap top and glasses.   :dbart:

Taking the seats off isn't hard but the seat belt nuts are a pain if you don't have a ratchet box wrench!

Not to fear, there is plenty of play in the seat belts to just left them up and rest them on the dash. more than enough room to get to the center console to wire up the lights.

Got everything hooked up and good to go. Nice of Can Am to make the switch panels already to add a switch...just remove the plug and snap in the switch.

Now I ran the switch to the hot so it is always powered regardless if the car is on. however, I didn't want it plugged in when my car is sitting for any length of time.

So, where I put the switch, left side of dash, the wires run up under the dash and over the steering column, but the quick disconnect is right where the wires dive into that abyss behind the center console, where the start button is. Tucks in there nice, then when I'm all loaded up, I just pull a little part of the wire out and click...it's disconnected.

20221105_115133.jpg

20221105_115138.jpg

20221105_150526.jpg

20221105_150515.jpg

20221105_153038.jpg

20221105_105224.jpg

20221105_153340.jpg

have you been out with them yet? do they make alot of noise? mine sounded like the damn roof was coming off, couldn't figure it out until my daughter reached up and grabbed one when moving and it went quite. mine rattle like crazy and haven't even been used just a couple times.

have you been out with them yet? do they make alot of noise? mine sounded like the damn roof was coming off, couldn't figure it out until my daughter reached up and grabbed one when moving and it went quite. mine rattle like crazy and haven't even been used just a couple times.
A half a turn (half a wrap??) of electrical tape on the whip side of the quick disconnect takes up the slack on mine.

I did notice they do rattle a bit...I'm gonna try the electrical tape as noted from @EastMT

You took the seats out the hard way.  LMAO!!

Lift up the seat cushion and there are 4 bolts you undo to get the seat of the sliders.  Then you remove the lap belt portion from the adjusters and you can feed the shoulder belt portion through the seat harness holes.

Pro Tip - cut a notch in the plastic where the slider adjustment handle is so you can slip that out.

Have you had the fun of removing the front plastic clip?

52 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

You took the seats out the hard way.  LMAO!!

Lift up the seat cushion and there are 4 bolts you undo to get the seat of the sliders.  Then you remove the lap belt portion from the adjusters and you can feed the shoulder belt portion through the seat harness holes.

Pro Tip - cut a notch in the plastic where the slider adjustment handle is so you can slip that out.

Have you had the fun of removing the front plastic clip?

No I took the easy way out...I didn't remove the seatbelt nuts....that was going to be a pain.

The way I did it took like 2 minutes to undo then just prop them up.

No I took the easy way out...I didn't remove the seatbelt nuts....that was going to be a pain.

The way I did it took like 2 minutes to undo then just prop them up.
You don't need to remove the seatbelt nuts.   The lap belts slip through the adjuster and you can then remove the seat off the seat base and completely out of the car.  Gest the seat completely out of the way when you are doing work.  

@dbart

Whip this, brackets that, yeah yeah, blah blah.

HAVE YOU DOOOOOOOOOOOONED IT YET?!?!?!?! :biggrin:
No dunes yet...work is crazy right now.

Next trip planned is El Mirage in December...then Calico...then probably glamis.

:dbart:

Next trip planned is El Mirage in December...then Calico...then probably glamis.

I was gonna make suggestions for Calico...

Then I remembered you go there every year-ish. :biggrin:

we pound Calico 2-3 times a year good fun, just need to figure out a longer ride next time

We might do a day trip up in the Jawbone/Cal City area in December.   Much better area than El Mirage.   I will let you know  if plan something next month. 

Back