Anyone buy a new motorhome recently?

Congrats 

We will need to see some pics once you get possession 

Looks like I made a deal on one. Still waiting on some things. They need to install leveling jacks and clear up some issues we found. Pick up is on the 28th.

Andrew
And now more valuable family time and memories are to be had. Congratulations.  

This.  Fill them piggy banks right now because deals are coming!
Fill them piggy banks up because inflation is coming.  People will be walking away from rentals because they can't afford to rent any longer, They will walk away from the over priced homes also, what they won't walk away from is the mobile house on wheels they can park and live in that has a cheaper payment then rent or there mortgage and if they get behind on the payments, well like HI said good luck finding them when they are parked down by the river next to a van.

Deals your not going to have deal for fun your going to be looking for deals on bread and eggs.  

I do love how EVERYONE thinks they have the exact info on when and how things will correct. Will there be a correciton ? Yes we are in a constant cycle.

Back to the topic from the OP I have heard of people getting 20%+ off even in this market. I had a deal with La mesa on class B back in May that would have have been 23% off sticker but I just could not pull the trigger and would have had to sell something else that I did not want to sell. 

I will say this and @HEADINJURY can confirm. Emailing a dealer is a different deal than actually showing up more than once and coming to the table to negotiate. 

So many tire kickers just email a dealer and take the first response from some rabbit who opened the email. I picked up a truck in Sept that was marked down to $22,999.00. The first hour was we won't go a penny lower blah blah blah. Three hours later it was $19,200. My price was $18,500 and I would not move. I went home to take a nap and told them I don't care about all the imaginary buyers that are not there. I don't care that it's the lowest priced F150 in the western US. If you want to sell the truck tonight I will come back and write a check for $18,500+ my sales tax and the DMV transfer fee because the tags were still good. 

Shocking that the phone rang about 2 hours later and they took my deal. It was a long afternoon but In the end it was worth the grind. 

There is always a better deal but not for tire kickers. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Fill them piggy banks up because inflation is coming.  People will be walking away from rentals because they can't afford to rent any longer, They will walk away from the over priced homes also, what they won't walk away from is the mobile house on wheels they can park and live in that has a cheaper payment then rent or there mortgage and if they get behind on the payments, well like HI said good luck finding them when they are parked down by the river next to a van.

Deals your not going to have deal for fun your going to be looking for deals on bread and eggs.  

Sorry to hijack the thread, but where you seeing this?  The .gov has provided billions in free money to pay back rent.  Even landlords who haven't been paid can apply for it.  We'll see what happens when the eviction moratorium is finally listed.  As far as housing prices, I see lots of all cash deals over asking (admit the market in So Cal is crazy), so their is still a bunch of capital looking for a place to park it.  Methinks as long as interest rates stay low, the housing market will be strong. Maybe not as hot, but strong for sure.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but where you seeing this?  The .gov has provided billions in free money to pay back rent.  Even landlords who haven't been paid can apply for it.  We'll see what happens when the eviction moratorium is finally listed.  As far as housing prices, I see lots of all cash deals over asking (admit the market in So Cal is crazy), so their is still a bunch of capital looking for a place to park it.  Methinks as long as interest rates stay low, the housing market will be strong. Maybe not as hot, but strong for sure.
I highly doubt that all landlords and owners will see their money in back rent anytime soon. Can be applied for?? LOL Is that a joke? 

Late to the party, I bought and then sold a new 2021 Thor during the Scamdemic.  I still got something like 26-27% off MSRP buying it, and sold it for more than I paid for the unit itself (but still lost $ of course, when you factor taxes in), had I waited another 6mo I might have gotten even more.  Anyway, if you're buying a new RV of any sort (including trailers) I flat-out would not go any worse than 24% below MSRP. 

-TJ

Late to the party, I bought and then sold a new 2021 Thor during the Scamdemic.  I still got something like 26-27% off MSRP buying it, and sold it for more than I paid for the unit itself (but still lost $ of course, when you factor taxes in), had I waited another 6mo I might have gotten even more.  Anyway, if you're buying a new RV of any sort (including trailers) I flat-out would not go any worse than 24% below MSRP. 

-TJ
I had someone tell me once, you take 26% off msrp and then add $1000.00 and this is where you should be able to buy at. I went and bought a new 5th wheel one year and used this and the dealers sales person when they finally agreed to price want to know how I "knew the number". They did sell it to me for this also.

I had someone tell me once, you take 26% off msrp and then add $1000.00 and this is where you should be able to buy at. I went and bought a new 5th wheel one year and used this and the dealers sales person when they finally agreed to price want to know how I "knew the number". They did sell it to me for this also.
Just so you know, there is no standard or secret formula to finding out invoice mathematically. There are many different ways that a manufacture set these prices. Each and every different BRAND are priced different.

Hey at least the RV biz isn't charging MSRP or OVER MSRP. If they are ? Great Job. 

Carry on...

Just so you know, there is no standard or secret formula to finding out invoice mathematically. There are many different ways that a manufacture set these prices. Each and every different BRAND are priced different.

Hey at least the RV biz isn't charging MSRP or OVER MSRP. If they are ? Great Job. 

Carry on...
Where are you working at? I’m in the market for a fifth wheel toy hauler. 

We bought a new 2022 Renegade Verona super C back in January and didn't get it until July. Never thought we could afford new but we got a great deal through Sport Truck RV of Fontana. We got everything we wanted including lithium batteries and solar! It's totally set up for dry camping in Glamis with 150 gallons of water! We did have to wait 6 months to get it! 

Purchased a new Thor Class C with the 7.3 in June. My old one was totalled (water damage). It was a 2018. They gave me $81k for it.

New one same model, best deal I could get was $92k. Sticker was $124k... however that was with $10k covid markup. Real MSRP was $114k.

Either way I was happy with the deal. I got a new moho with the upgraded engine which is a beast and better interior color and finish with some other bells and whistles my old one didnt have.
Did your old Class C have the V10? How do you compare the V10 and new 7.3? I'll be pulling around a 6100lb enclosed trailer and my 4500lb Jeep when not towing the trailer. Just hoping it does well. I am coming from an underpowered ISC330 diesel pusher that didn't exactly haul the mail.

Andrew

Back