Anyone buy a new motorhome recently?

Just one problem Julie, RV's are not easily repo'ed like cars. 

The exact reason why they are the Hardest loan to obtain. The RISK is huge for the lienholder. 

See these RV's can be parked, lived in, not paid for and the bank has no idea where to look for the RV. Repos on RV's are slim. If they are voluntarily repo'ed. Well you can imagine the damage and theft done to these things before the even get to the auction. 

Long story short, if you're waiting to purchase an RV thinking you'll steal one after the crash, just remember this, the available nice repo'ed RV's that are left after they are pilfered are usually already sold to a dealer or whole seller. UNLESS you know someone that can get you these repos before the bank sells them elsewhere.

Never thought of it that way, HI....thanks for the schooling!

And I bought mine last October - I figured 1) with the way .gov kept kicking the can down the road it would be a while anyway 2) I wouldn't be out looking at repo'd units anyway for the reason stated above.... and 3) it had been 15 years since I had camped and I was damn tired of it and wasn't going to wait another year or two   🙂

Just one problem Julie, RV's are not easily repo'ed like cars. 

The exact reason why they are the Hardest loan to obtain. The RISK is huge for the lienholder. 

See these RV's can be parked, lived in, not paid for and the bank has no idea where to look for the RV. Repos on RV's are slim. If they are voluntarily repo'ed. Well you can imagine the damage and theft done to these things before the even get to the auction. 

Long story short, if you're waiting to purchase an RV thinking you'll steal one after the crash, just remember this, the available nice repo'ed RV's that are left after they are pilfered are usually already sold to a dealer or whole seller. UNLESS you know someone that can get you these repos before the bank sells them elsewhere.

this all sucks...... so close to buying but gotta wait it seems. Sold the house at least but nowhere to go but a motorhome I can't buy or.... won't buy for 25% markup. Will be contacting you in the future when this B.S. calms the heck down. Lol. Thanx for the info!

this all sucks...... so close to buying but gotta wait it seems. Sold the house at least but nowhere to go but a motorhome I can't buy or.... won't buy for 25% markup. Will be contacting you in the future when this B.S. calms the heck down. Lol. Thanx for the info!
Prices are all relative. Higher prices now on everything. Also I don't know of any RV dealers marking the RV's up 25% . I don't see prices coming down a lot for a while, not because of supply but from price increases on EVERYTHING to build the RV. I don't see those prices coming down ever. 

Bottom line, if you want an RV, do it. Tomorrow is no guarantee. 

Prices are all relative. Higher prices now on everything. Also I don't know of any RV dealers marking the RV's up 25% . I don't see prices coming down a lot for a while, not because of supply but from price increases on EVERYTHING to build the RV. I don't see those prices coming down ever. 

Bottom line, if you want an RV, do it. Tomorrow is no guarantee. 

Sounds good thanx for the info. Will keep looking and accept the higher prices lol. Ill find that hidden DP I need in my life. 

Been back and forth with a Jayco dealer this week. I would have to give 10% now to order it and then it would be 4 months to receive the unit. However, they add 3% each month for material costs so by the time I got it 4 months from now, the price would be raised 12%. Eff that. 

I'll be looking at used ones or new ones on the lot. I don't want to order.

Andrew

when the 💩 hit the fan and the economy starts  crashing your gonna have people that are gonna be in trouble and can't afford the stuff thay bought and you will see the market full of good new/used units.thats what you want to buy in on if you can hold off.
This.  Fill them piggy banks right now because deals are coming!

Been back and forth with a Jayco dealer this week. I would have to give 10% now to order it and then it would be 4 months to receive the unit. However, they add 3% each month for material costs so by the time I got it 4 months from now, the price would be raised 12%. Eff that. 

Andrew
That's a pretty cheesy way of doing business. If I was the dealer, I would only up charge you for the actual increases which dealers are sent all the time on confirmations. It's not a guess or a surprise. If the dealer would keep track of their orders they wouldn't have to ask for a bs upcharge based on possible increases? I would call what you experienced at the dealer, a mis-handling of a guest or customer. Kills more deals than you can imagine. 

All that I've stated above is purely an opinion. I don't want to upset anyone. Which almost impossible these days. 

Andrew
Which Jayco model you looking at?   I have Jayco Precept and it has been a good coach.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought about 6 months ago. Deals are out there. You just have to be in the position to pay cash or have the financing in place before hand.
This…

We’ve been looking for a used rv since we sold our 5th wheel toy hauler in March. Happened to randomly find one in havasu while on vacation a few weeks ago that was posted for sale the day prior. Gotta act fast and have cash in hand.

That's a pretty cheesy way of doing business. If I was the dealer, I would only up charge you for the actual increases which dealers are sent all the time on confirmations. It's not a guess or a surprise. If the dealer would keep track of their orders they wouldn't have to ask for a bs upcharge based on possible increases? I would call what you experienced at the dealer, a mis-handling of a guest or customer. Kills more deals than you can imagine. 

All that I've stated above is purely an opinion. I don't want to upset anyone. Which almost impossible these days. 
I certainly wasn’t happy. We’d been going back and forth with different things for a while. Then when I ask for the order process, he hits me with that. I told him I figured the MSRP increase of over $20k from a 2020 model to 2022 model would be the “material” cost increase. 

I’ll be looking in the used market. Or new that are on the lot. 

Andrew

Class C. Greyhawk. Really wanted a Super C but not in the budget. 
Greyhawk is a nice Class C.   My friend picked up a used one a few months ago. 

The newer ones on the F450 chassis have higher towing capacities. I believe they are rated to tow up to 7500  I have heard the new Ford V8 is really nice too.    

when the 💩 hit the fan and the economy starts  crashing your gonna have people that are gonna be in trouble and can't afford the stuff thay bought and you will see the market full of good new/used units.thats what you want to buy in on if you can hold off.
I have agree with Brian. I just helped my neighbor buy one and 22% was all we could get off. There’s a shortage and dealers are taking advantage. 
We just traveled to Sturgis and every RV park was booked solid. 

I have agree with Brian. I just helped my neighbor buy one and 22% was all we could get off. There’s a shortage and dealers are taking advantage
We just traveled to Sturgis and every RV park was booked solid. 
I don't know about taking advantage on something that is NOT necessity vs shelter, clothing , food and gasoline. The companies selling the necessities are taking FULL advantage. 

Carry on....

Back