Any worthwhile Black Friday cyber Monday deals??

10w solar panel. I really dont know if this is a good deal. Renogy brand is decent and 10w for $20 seems to be close to other no name brands.

Anyone more familiar with these little solar chargers? 10w is a tad low for my application. (V3 Wyze cam powered by an old truck battery....set out in the field where there is no power)

https://www.amazon.com/Renogy-Solar-Battery-Maintainer-Trickle/dp/B07QBY7626?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1
I have a similar deal on my Jeep.  Seems to be enough to keep it charged up.

But, they are 5v.
Yes, and 10w is 10w, regardless of voltage. For example, the lowest power USB adapter is 2.4A at 5v = 12w. USB C typically puts out 60w - 100w. 

So that solar panel is rated at 10w, but actual output is really only 7.5 -8w. What would someone charge at that low of a power level? Trickle charge a quad or motorcycle battery? Too low. That's why I mentioned USB, because charging a phone is typically a low power draw, but most people are used to charging their phones at double or almost 10x faster than that. I can't think of anything useful for it to charge, not even a phone.

The Wyze cameras (at least the ones I have) are Micro USB. 

Wyze forums say the V3 draws less that 500mA at 5v.

Yup i can confirm the Wyze V2 pulls between 0.25a-0.34a from a 5v source. 

Curious what the V3 will do. 

Any advice on Milwaukee sets? This one is 44% off. Man it looks sweet!!! Im still rocking a corded super sawzall from the 90s.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Combo-Kit-7-Tool-with-One-3-0Ah-and-One-1-5Ah-Battery-Charger-and-Tool-Bag-2699-27/317256020
My dad has the Milwaukee drills and drivers. We have used the crap out of them. Always work great. Reviews online seem good. Looks like a nice set. I have lots of bits laying around but went ahead and just ordered the bit set to go along with the drill and nut driver I just purchased. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-SHOCKWAVE-Impact-Duty-Alloy-Steel-Drill-and-Screw-Driver-Bit-Set-120-Piece-48-32-4498/317317783 Seems like a good price for that set. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Im doing the same. 24.88 for the 120 piece set. You can also add it to the 7 tool bundle. Makes the 120 piece set $22.97. Im scrolling through all of them and seeing whats up. Dont really need 50 #2 bits. The 120 piece set looks nice because it has torx bits and allens. 

I never really score black friday deals. Been missing out. Tools are 40-50% off that is huge. 

Been looking around i believe the 7 tool set looks to be the largest they offer and the best value? 

The combo with 120 piece set i posted above is not working. Sorry about that. Can still buy that Milwaukee set for $499. Was reading through the fine print on the home depot site. Tomorrow starts cyber monday. Which will mostly be deals that are online only. Im wondering if this deal will disappear or stay the same. I might pay for one tonight and then figure it out in the morning.

The Milwaukee $499 set is not free shipping. They want 9 bucks which is nothing. Im still gonna pick mine out in person. If you do a search it will tell you how many in stock. Im driving to SD tomorrow and the Encinitas store shows 6 in stock. For anyone in OC the El Toro store showed 7. 

edit: all the other home depots show 1 or 2 in stock. im just saying if you want a chance at picking between boxes according to the home depot site Encinitas and El Toro have the most in stock. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If you’re buying Milwaukee and want the better line... brushless, more durable, ergonomic, weather resistant, longer battery life, etc. check that the sets say FUEL on them 

My chick's bday is Dec 26.  She is from a very low income family, so she got kinda screwed on that end as a kid..."here is your bday/xmas gift."

I don't buy her xmas or bday gifts.  I take her on a trip to just about anywhere she would like to go for her bday.
My sisters Birthday is the same and gets the same thing, I thought she had it bad until a friend of mine told me about his older brother who's birthday was also on the 26th.  One year for his birthday he got a little brother. 

Yes. The Milwaukee kits posted are ok if you want a nice set of multiple tools to use sparingly. If you want the real benefits of modern battery powered tools to need to get their fuel lineup of tools. They are smaller and when used constantly that a huge benefit. Along with increased power 

7260F809-BF44-4CDA-999B-7709B134BB97.png

M-12 Fuels are a lot stronger then you might think. Using them to hang drywall or set screws or even under the hood for most things they will perform better then you might imagine.  The M-18's I wouldn't want for anything but the larger tools ( big impact, hammer drill, large bandsaw or hole hawg.) They are great tools just a little to heavy for me to use the way I use my M-12's

I wouldn't buy a 1/4" driver in M18.  I have one in M12 (don't recall model), and it drives pretty much anything I've tried.  I have the 3/8" impact in M12, 2554-20.  It will do car tire lug nuts no problem.

I missed IntroRhinos post above. Thats what im trying to find is the fuel model stuff on 40-50% off. Depending how you search the home depot site i notice its giving much different results. If anyone has a link that shows all the gosh darn Milwaukee deals, that would be great. 

Does this deal show up for you guys in AZ? I switched over to the El Toro Ca location and im seeing different deals. Even though it has the option to ship to home. I dont expect the exact store location to change the search results. 

This looks decent. Hope it doesnt sell out. Some of the deals are showing no longer available. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-FUEL-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Cordless-4-1-2-in-5-in-Grinder-and-Starter-Kit-w-1-5-0-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-2880-20-48-59-1850/318102170

Back