Any Late Model Bronco Guru’s Here?

Dockmaster

Reaction score
I’m considering a 2023 Bronco. Who can tell me what is good and bad? I found a pretty loaded 2023 Wildtrak aAdvanced with Sasquatch package, mild lift and 37’s. It has the 2.7 twin turbo which I think is 315hp. I want it to flat tow behind my Moho when we go places where I need alternate transportation. To justify it I would probably make it my daily driver as well. I know Jeeps are good for a TOAD but we had a late model 4 door Rubicon Recon and hated it. Road/wind noise was terrible, drove like crap and wandered all over the road and couldn’t keep the doors from leaking. So no Jeeps for me. Is the Bronco worth it to step up to the Raptor? I actually don’t love the look of the Raptor compared to the one I found and a Raptor is $20k more. Is it worth it to get the 3.0 and the 100 hp that seems like only offered in Raptor? This thing won’t see much Offroad action as far as rock crawling or hard core. Occasional trails and snow/ice when our roads are bad. Help educate me please! thanks in advance for info. 

Get a chevy colorado....you'll find it more useful with less problems. 

3.-Chevrolet-Colorado-ZR2-AEV.jpg

Wanna know what else doesn't come out? 

New Broncos unassisted from the trail.  Even the curbs at the mall are a danger to the tierods and steering box....
^This.  And I'm not a hater, my brand loyalty went out the window ages ago.  I like Raptors a lot.  I'd buy a Mustang right now over a Camaro, hands down.  But the Bronco just isn't up to the task.  I do a lot of Broverlanding and I see a lot of Broncos stuck where it just doesn't seem they should be, or with bent tie rods.  

All of that said... I think they look cool, in fact the 2-doors are cool AF.  And some of the features/tech are bad ass.  I suppose if you can deal with the tie rod issue with aftermarket parts it's a viable rig.  To the OP: you hated your Jeep because of things like wind noise... Google "Bronco soft top issues" before you consider one (if you were considering the soft top). 

-TJ

. Google "Bronco soft top issues" before you consider one (if you were considering the soft top). -TJ
You'll find the one that is nearly brim full of snow... LOL

Or the YT Litebrite video where the top nearly ripped off.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll find the one that is nearly brim full of snow... LOL

Or the YT Litebrite video where the top nearly ripped off.
I would pay not to never watch Litebrite again... but you're exactly right.  Even the less dramatic videos all haaaaaaate that soft top.  I'm sure with the hardtop the Bronco is way quieter, and with IFS it's obviously a better street vehicle than a Wrangler.  The OP said he had a Rubicon Recon before, so I assume it was a JK.  JKs vs. JLs are night-and-day different, so I'd encourage @Dockmaster to at least to test drive a new JL before making a final decision. 

-TJ

Last edited by a moderator:
I would only consider a hardtop. And I was mostly kidding about the Chevrolet comment. I’ve been a Ford truck guy my whole life. But I would consider others for an SUV or Utility vehicle like what we’re talking about. And the tie rods and steering box info is exactly the type of feedback I’m seeking. 

Maybe the Rubicon Recon we had was just a lemon. I’d try another to compare. Is the 392 worth it? 

How about the new Ranger ??  Better looking than a Colorado IMO.

Colorado pics above is the old body style...the new GMC canyon's and Colorado's look a lot nicer, not sure they can tow 4 down tho?  The new 2 door Broco's sure look cool...they win on looks.

image.png

If I was to go with a pickup I would probably just go F-150

I have 2-door, we bought it to tow behind the motorhome (haven't done it yet). I got every option I could get, over priced but its a fun little car. Took it out to Landers New Years (big bronco was down) and I was amazed at how well it drove. I put it in Baja mode and it ripped for a stock vehicle. I have a hard top and there is wind noise for sure, you get a lot of road noise compared to F150. The power is really good, it scoots especially in sport mode. My wife loves driving it to the store because its so easy to park. Check out the APG fenders and mid-travel, its not cheap but super nice stuff. 

Back