Add Hubs To The Parts Shortage List

I just got off the phone with Bernie Bergmann, he says VW clutches are impossible to get 😞
https://clutchesunlimited.com
give these guys a call. They’ve rebuilt three clutches for me and service has been excellent. Super cool father son team. If you have an old clutch they can straighten and put new material on the disks, machine everything, and replace the diaphragm and straps depending on the clamping force you need. 

I use to replace them every 3 years as maintenance, just so mid season I wouldn't have an issue. Then I had a set die in a season and a half and then another. So my plan was a new set every season but I'm eating a set in half a season now. The last 4 I have caught before they left me stranded. They get loose, push the rear pads out and your bake pedal hits the floor when you step on it. 

I've been told I running to much horse power but I use to dune with several guys that had the same hub and big blown LS motors that made more power then I have. I think they switch to a Chinese manufacturer but since you never get a box I can't say for sure.
Make sure you are torquing the stub axle down to proper specs. 

Call Bob at rbp. He had them in stock last time I checked. Also the 3.9 sized bearings are from a dodge dana 60 front axle. That is what I was told by someone who sells them. 

Call Bob at rbp. He had them in stock last time I checked. Also the 3.9 sized bearings are from a dodge dana 60 front axle. That is what I was told by someone who sells them. 
The dana 60 is a solid axle, I have one under my old Ford. Dodge put then under the 2500 and 3500. They do not use a sealed hub bearing. I have found that there are not a lot of trucks that use a 5 lug bolt pattern. Almost ever 3.9 body bearing hub is a 6 lug bolt pattern. The few that are 5 lug are a larger diameter bolt pattern. 

Out of stock and a $250 price increase if and when they are back in stock. 

I have put on my good used hubs and will hope for the best. I will start looking at what midboard kit I want to go with, it probably won't be ProAm. Also need find someone to build new control arms. Hopefully I make a full season or can get the arms built between trips. 

I have put on my good used hubs and will hope for the best. I will start looking at what midboard kit I want to go with, it probably won't be ProAm. Also need find someone to build new control arms. Hopefully I make a full season or can get the arms built between trips. 
Between trips? You only make one! You mean next summer? :lol:

The dana 60 is a solid axle, I have one under my old Ford. Dodge put then under the 2500 and 3500. They do not use a sealed hub bearing. I have found that there are not a lot of trucks that use a 5 lug bolt pattern. Almost ever 3.9 body bearing hub is a 6 lug bolt pattern. The few that are 5 lug are a larger diameter bolt pattern. 

Out of stock and a $250 price increase if and when they are back in stock. 
Yes the dana 60 is a solid axle, it does indeed use a unit bearing on the late model axles, my super duty in fact has a unit bearing. The late model dodge dana 60 also uses a unit bearing.  Several companies actually sell a conversion kit to turn it back into a standard ol school serviceable bearing. 

Anyways I was told it's a dana 60 unit bearing, it's then turned down on a lathe and the smaller 5 lug pattern re drilled.

That may be b.s., but the dana 60 unit bearing is true.

Yes the dana 60 is a solid axle, it does indeed use a unit bearing on the late model axles, my super duty in fact has a unit bearing. The late model dodge dana 60 also uses a unit bearing.  Several companies actually sell a conversion kit to turn it back into a standard ol school serviceable bearing. 

Anyways I was told it's a dana 60 unit bearing, it's then turned down on a lathe and the smaller 5 lug pattern re drilled.

That may be b.s., but the dana 60 unit bearing is true.
Ok not familiar with late model bearing on the D60 mine is a 97 and the hub has been around since the at least the mid 2000's. Either way I don't have a lathe to do all the machine work. And paying to have that done would make for a very expensive hub.

Also looks like they are all a 4 bolt mounting flange. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I also spent a good bit of time at O Rielly's with a guy that actually know cars. Their computer can search based on specific parameters and they have nothing I could even stand a close shot at making work. 

Back