Add Hubs To The Parts Shortage List

SANDPSYCHO

Reaction score
So KarTek and McKenzie's are out of the ProAm 934HD hubs. KarTek said Timken stopped making it and they are looking for a new source. I'm on a list with I don't know how many folks over here in limbo. 

To add to the frustration there is not a part number anywhere on these and of course you never get a box. 

I have the parts off the car and a few leads, so tomorrow I'm off to O'Reilly's to ruin some poor guys day. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated and I would be happy to track it down. Just don't tell me to go to Midboards, that will happen hopefully after the season and not during. 

Thanks!

Screenshot_20210917-171934_Samsung Internet.jpg 

Last edited by a moderator:
Might try Jammar. They source them themselves and my new 930 bearings are now done with stronger tapered bearing according to them. They might have 934 stuff that fits.

At the rate this is going, you might just take up golf

Why cant those be rebuilt. With a decent press and a good bearing supplier its done. Heck even press in some new wheel studs.

how much is a set worth?  i have a new set but have been sitting on an 8 year project, dusty and some light oxidation but never used, only installed by hand    I would have to confirm spline count as they may have changed over the years. 

IMG_9652.JPG

IMG_9653.JPG

What cant those be rebuilt. With a decent press and a good bearing supplier its done. Heck even press in some new wheel studs.
I had someone else talk about rebuilding them but from the vedios I have see the races are not removable. They are machined into the part and heat treated. The rollers and cage are assembled on the part. I'm going to pull one apart and see just haven't got to that point yet. 

how much is a set worth?  i have a new set but have been sitting on an 8 year project, dustsy and some light oxidation but never used

View attachment 14469

View attachment 14470
I have a good used set I kept as spears if I can't find a match through an auto parts store. I'd be interested but I'm not desperate, yet. :lol:   So how much would it take for you to part with them? 

I use to run a set for 3 season then swap in a new set. Now I eat up a set in half a season. Something in the quality has changed. 

These hubs are off of some production vehicle. Which one is the great secret and why they cost a $100 more then anything similar at an auto parts store. 

From what I heard Gil George at Funco was the first person to use the Chevy S10 hubs, then they moved to the Dodge hubs with a larger bearing. Maybe @Grant@Funco knows what works.

I have also heard they cannot be rebuilt but for the cost they aren't worth rebuilding. Unless they're no longer available. 

If bearings were pressed on they can be pressed off. Cant be rocket science. I get it the cost might not normally be worth it but if you can find them.

If bearings were pressed on they can be pressed off. Cant be rocket science. I get it the cost might not normally be worth it but if you can find them.
Some time on Timken’s website will find bearings with the same ID and slightly larger OD, then a little time on a lathe (and possibly mill for fixturing) and finding complete bearings won’t matter. :biggrin:

Back