2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD/Duramax/Allison WTF Moment!!!!

I'm sure they'll straighten it out @dbart, it just could take some time.  I'm with you though, I haaaaaated the 2020s when they came out, but I've seen a few "built" right and they're growing on me a tiny, tiny bit.  I do love the new RAMs, we had a 2019 1500 for a while:

RAM1.jpg

And it's the nicest truck I've ever driven (in terms of interior, ride, etc.).  My buddy got a new 3500 and made it look basically identical:

208491945_10223351172320715_7718068374578197865_n.jpg

The only bummer w/ the RAM HDs is they're still just using the Aisin 6 speed.  Ford and GM you get the new 10-speed, which I had in my F550-based RV for a bit and LOVED.  

-TJ

The only bummer w/ the RAM HDs is they're still just using the Aisin 6 speed.  Ford and GM you get the new 10-speed, which I had in my F550-based RV for a bit and LOVED.  

-TJ
How is the Asin a bummer?  I was under the impression it was a great trans (& significantly more solid than the Dodge).

How is the Asin a bummer?  I was under the impression it was a great trans (& significantly more solid than the Dodge).
It's way better than any of the other options in RAM, but not as good as the 6-speed Allison.  But the real bummer is it's still just a six-speed when the competition has moved onto 10 in their HD diesels.  I thought 10 was kind of a gimmick, and I still love my 6-speed Allison in my '11 D'max... but the 10-speed I had in the F550-based RV was amazing.  It always has the perfect ratio for every situation.  

-TJ

for goodness sake............ how many do you need? LOL  My truck only has 3 (and an OD) & manages to get me to the dunes & back every time.  And......... Im passing EVERYTHING, with a trailer hooked to it.  And yes, Im THAT good.  LMAO.   Its a joke folks (kinda, for an old girl, she gets it done).

truck___trailer_1.jpg

Did you have them check the "MAV"......MIL Abort Visit" button?  2018 was the first it was available on.  Everything you described is coded to preform as you said.  Probably why the tech's are having a hard time with it.    

for goodness sake............ how many do you need? 
That's honestly how I felt, especially since I looooooooooooooooooove the six-speed Allison in my D'max.  But then I got that RV which was around 20k itself and put a 7-8k trailer behind it and that 10-speed as just magic.  I thought it was a ridiculous gimmick 'til I tried it. 

-TJ

Did you have them check the "MAV"......MIL Abort Visit" button?  2018 was the first it was available on.  Everything you described is coded to preform as you said.  Probably why the tech's are having a hard time with it.    
When they call me next I'm gonna ask them about it as well as  the flex plate and the harmonic balancer stated above.

:thumb:

I mean, that's not really saying much.

dont forget this part..  LOL. 

And these Transmissions have been out for quite a while now.  folks know how to make them live.  About 10 years ago mine had a shift kit put into it, so it would not slide into gear & a good converter.  its fixin to turn 250K & has not had frictions put into it yet.  Its gonna have to sooner rather than later.  but it has been pretty solid for a long ass time. 

Maybe my truck has CARVID!!!

:lmao:

:bag:

but seriously........

Oh and I bet I take care of the loaner better than most! 

Yeah I have issues. LoL

IMG_20210820_090523427.jpg

for goodness sake............ how many do you need? LOL  My truck only has 3 (and an OD) & manages to get me to the dunes & back every time.  And......... Im passing EVERYTHING, with a trailer hooked to it.  And yes, Im THAT good.  LMAO.   Its a joke folks (kinda, for an old girl, she gets it done).

View attachment 11983
I loved towing with my 01 yet hated driving it. Sitting on a glorified milk crate for hours on end was not what I call comfortable, but I could get over that with the huge fuel cell, great millage and power for days. My problem came with wheel base. Had the same configuration you have and my new trailer was wagging that old dog way to much. Now I went F-250 with the 6.7 and not only can I hear myself think as I roll down the road it has a seat that doesn't make me feel like I am sitting in some medieval torture device. 

I loved towing with my 01 yet hated driving it. Sitting on a glorified milk crate for hours on end was not what I call comfortable, but I could get over that with the huge fuel cell, great millage and power for days. My problem came with wheel base. Had the same configuration you have and my new trailer was wagging that old dog way to much. Now I went F-250 with the 6.7 and not only can I hear myself think as I roll down the road it has a seat that doesn't make me feel like I am sitting in some medieval torture device. 
1,000,000,000% agree & as it gets older its not getting better.  I replaced the base & that helped, but now the foam in the back is wearing out & the 2 lines that go top to bottom are becoming a pain... 

Well the case is solved. ECM failure! The reason it wasn't throwing any codes! 

Got my truck back yesterday. It fugures, I just left the car wash after getting the loaner washed. LoL

Got my truck back yesterday. It fugures, I just left the car wash after getting the loaner washed. LoL
THAT must’ve been why they figured mine out last week: couldn’t stand the filth anymore and washed it.

WTF? That's weird.  You'd think you would have had a lot more issues than rough running.

Back