2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD/Duramax/Allison WTF Moment!!!!

Not sure? From the way it was acting and shaking...I wouldn't think so. It seemed like a drivetrain issue for sure.
But it shakes when you're in Park or Neutral and stopped, right?  If so it wouldn't be drivetrain unless it's flexplate and/or torque converter themselves.  EDIT: I guess it could be the front-pump in the trans too, but I've never really heard of that being an issue in the Allison. 

-TJ

Last edited by a moderator:
My 05 did something similar. Ended up being the injector harness on the whole right bank failed (frayed from lack of support) this was at about 35k miles and 2 years since new. It ended up happening again about 2 years and 20k miles later. 

Knowing how much you love that truck and how well you take care of it. I feel bad. Hope it’s minor and the warranty covers you and your back on the road soon. 

Yeah I was thinking one or more injectors causing dead cylinders and lots of vibration.

Simpson came through with a loaner...

Luis said they could barely get my truck to the back...he said they'll figure it out.

Been very satisfied dealing with both Simpson Garden Grove and Simpson Irvine (same owners) Irvine does all my maintenance since they are right by my work.

But this...was just closer to home and Garden Grove was where I bought it.

IMG_20210816_121017204.jpg

My 05 did something similar. Ended up being the injector harness on the whole right bank failed (frayed from lack of support) this was at about 35k miles and 2 years since new. It ended up happening again about 2 years and 20k miles later. 
Been here! I had no idea what went wrong. At least it was an inexpensive item to repair.

Just got a call from the Dealer...they are stumped!

No motor or trans issues they are perfect.

The tech pulled 2 injectors, one on each side and replaced them...there is still the issue of it running super rough.

There are no codes being thrown so this is throwing them for a loop.

He has a call in to GM and waiting to discuss with them.

UGH

Hmmmmmmm....

:lmao:

It won't come to this. But always fun to look.

2022 Z71 2500HD.jpg

Neighbor got one white with black trim looks like a storm trooper. Growing on me

Just got a call from the Dealer...they are stumped!

No motor or trans issues they are perfect.

The tech pulled 2 injectors, one on each side and replaced them...there is still the issue of it running super rough.

There are no codes being thrown so this is throwing them for a loop.

He has a call in to GM and waiting to discuss with them.

UGH
Sounds like you got a parts changer not a mechanic 

He should be able to shut off one injector at a time.  Cylinders that are good will make a difference, bad cylinders won't.
You could just use an infrared thermometer, and see what cylinder wasn't firing correctly via the temp at the exhaust manifold.

to counter @dbart's comment with something sensible.... LOL. 

cld_604a7f1e7f4cf_brock-wegner-5k_YVwgMi_U-unsplash_eommdq.jpg

ec402390b95978fee3367f28687d6f16.jpg

Or screw it, buy something reasonable....

2021-corvette-1yc67-3lt-gkz-trimselector.png

J/K, this whole thing sucks monkey balls. 

Keep what you have!!  I just cannot get into these..
That's why I bought mine...I saw what they planned to do in 2020 and was like  WTF????

They have grown on my since, but I love my truck.

to counter @dbart's comment with something sensible.... LOL. 

Or screw it, buy something reasonable....

J/K, this whole thing sucks monkey balls. 
Actually, the Vette is not out of the question....but in a couple years.

I'd love to get one for my wife, but she said she'd be scared to drive it to some of her stores in LA. 

Back