1995 ford 7.3 f350 Who works on those?

Realbadlarry

Reaction score
She started taking longer to start....then yesterday she started , ran about 5 seconds, then died, then 20 seconds, then 10, then she fired up with some throttle....ran ok  drove her down the block then into the driveway....idled for a minute or two, then died, now no start...

turns over tach works,  fuel bowl is full, changed cps....pulled chip,   

Anybody in the  Norco  IE area work on these still?   145k miles,  HPOP is an adreneline pump, IPR has like 20k miles on it. new harness under fuel bowl.    Who's the expert? 

She started taking longer to start....then yesterday she started , ran about 5 seconds, then died, then 20 seconds, then 10, then she fired up with some throttle....ran ok  drove her down the block then into the driveway....idled for a minute or two, then died, now no start...

turns over tach works,  fuel bowl is full, changed cps....pulled chip,   

Anybody in the  Norco  IE area work on these still?   145k miles,  HPOP is an adreneline pump, IPR has like 20k miles on it. new harness under fuel bowl.    Who's the expert? 
C&S on Limonite, Sonny has the best team and they are honest and reasonable

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=C%26S+Auto+Jurupa+Valley&atb=v314-1&ia=web&iaxm=places

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe there's a shop in Yucaipa that only does the Fords. Corner of California & Vickie Way 

Sounds like Injector o rings 

Is the goofy sheet metal nut on the IPR tight?  Mine came loose last week.  Truck would not start, then it did.  Would run fine then all of the sudden die.  The nut is 19mm.  Be careful not to tighten it too much.  It's just sheet metal.

I have a 97 and years ago the cam position sensor went out. Once mine died it didn’t restart, but have heard of them being intermittent before they crap out. Wasn’t an expensive part back then ($27) haven’t priced one in awhile. Stock bolt(10mm) I believe, was a bitch to get out. I replaced the bolt with an Allen bolt, keep the socket, ratchet, and spare CPS in the glove box. 
I had a friend that worked on them tell me to keep a spare in the glove box. It’s been cheap insurance now for years. 
His words were keep a spare, change it if you need to, and anything else you’re probably gonna bring it to me anyway. 
 That worked, right up until he moved out of state.

Ya  I had an international one in the glove box, swapped it out...still nothing.... 

Taking it to Domestic Diesel in Chino.....hopefully he can scan it and figure it out.... Can't afford a new one. 

Cool. Good luck. Keep us posted. You’re not alone about affording a new one. :classic_smile:

have you checked the oil? full?

ipr nut, do you have stock fuel bowl heater? have you checked it for shorting, I'd think it would blow a fuse but those things are finiky

resi is full to within 1/2", ipr nut is tight, disconnected the bowl heater a while ago. Fuse 22 is good. 

Unplug icp and try to start it

have you checked the oil? full?

ipr nut, do you have stock fuel bowl heater? have you checked it for shorting, I'd think it would blow a fuse but those things are finiky
If it's injector o rings it'll be using a lot of engine oil and dropping the oil level to the point that it's starving the hpop and injectors. That's one good thing about huei engines. They use the engine oil to provide hydraulic pressure to power the injectors. If your oil level gets too low the engine shuts down before you have a failure from lack of lubrication

No start with the ICP off and not using oil.....Stumper for sure... thinking maybe IDM..... bad IPR..... Need a scanner for sure. 

No start with the ICP off and not using oil.....Stumper for sure... thinking maybe IDM..... bad IPR..... Need a scanner for sure. 
Cam or crank sensor?

Back