What do you do for work?

I’m a Licensed Landscape “construction”Contractor. No! I dont cut grass or pull weeds! I also do “Real Estate trash outs” on the side. You would be surprised with the stuff I come across! It ain’t sexy but it pays the bills 👍

I build replacement and custom stainless exhaust for aircraft mostly. I do custom headers for classic cars and recently started doing more buggies and race trucks. I also build production exhaust for a few atc race parts companies as well as frame repair, engine component repair and make air intakes. Mostly stainless and aluminum work

Attachments

• IMG_7015.jpeg
    IMG_7015.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 8
  • 8B242723-AD28-4121-A03E-B79FD627FA4F.jpeg
    8B242723-AD28-4121-A03E-B79FD627FA4F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4787.jpeg
    IMG_4787.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4343.jpeg
    IMG_4343.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5579.jpeg
    IMG_5579.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5636.jpeg
    IMG_5636.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6615.jpeg
    IMG_6615.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7016.jpeg
    IMG_7016.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 9
I build emergency vehicles, communications systems, lighting systems. Anything electrical related to an emergency vehicle, some fabrication, we do some graphics.

Mostly retired these days. however I do have a 9 am appointment to repair a computer in a Karaoke bar.(today)
In the 1960s, I work in film and was lucky enough to be on 'THE GODFATHER" doing tech support. (Generator, Camera, Sound)
I worked mostly location film, and San Francisco was a "hot bed" of locations then. I did all of "The Streets Of San Francisco" locations.
I retired from film, started work for Los Angeles County, building gas and steam turbines (co-gens)
I built and supported three steam turbines and six gas turbines. I had crews all over Los Angeles County doing maintenance and repair.
I hired and trained all of my guys. I set up all of the PM systems for all of the different sites.
While at the County, I also built a data logging computer for NASA, with the request through S.A.I.C in San Diego.
I did a bit of photography for that group, mostly satellite stuff. Fun times.
After 20 years there, I retired and moved into education, teaching computer networking and programming.
Got promoted to Program Director.
Retired there, started at another college teaching hazardous materials incidents to first responders.
Today, I piddle around with Linux, Unix, Windows and rebuild military surplus computer hardware.
And, I still do photography.
DSCN3274.JPG

Back