What do you do for work?

RiverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Speaking for myself

I own riverdavesplace.com the forum which basically sells advertising to the community. We film boats, cover events, test boats, and actually put on a couple of our own events (rdp regatta and Supercatfest).

Supercat vid

built can am mav r we auctioned off at supercat you guys might get a kick out of.. we ended up throwing in a wrap and more performance items during the live auction

Latest boat video we made is my buddies SV50 “Crypto”.

We more or less monetized the forum by starting a real estate company in Havasu that became successful over the years and now covers Havasu / Bullhead / Parker / lower river and we recently expanded west into wrightwood california / big bear and one agent in Orange County.

In our team meeting right now actually
IMG_6302.jpeg

In other things I started a website called www.thetoysyndicate..com. (Which im
Half owner with Chris) Which is a buy sell trade website I’m working on.. it’s getting dialed in as we speak.. and finally another website called www. LuxuryCenterConsoles.com which I have just outed money into for the last two years unsuccessfully lol. (At some point I’ll give up)

Most recently obviously this website gd.com that we are working on getting it going right now (which we are getting very close).

I am kinda of a serial entrepreneur according to the wife and have about 200 other things sitting in my desk that I’ll get to someday. lol. Sole succeed some fail but ya never know until ya try.

I was curious as to what everyone else does and where? Here’s your chance to get some free advertising for your biz or at least tell us what ya do!

Sr. Environmental and Experiential Designer for Pinnacle-exp.
Best way to describe what I do is if you have ever been to the Auto Show in LA or Detroit, etc... I design the Architecture around all the product as well as the experiential attractions. Been doing it 27 years and it's awesome because I never know what I am going to be working on. Could be Healthcare, Aerospace, Military, Automotive, Home Improvement, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Fashion, Gaming, etc...Plus what I do is worldwide since our clients exhibit wherever!

Downside is deadlines. 2 weeks ago I had a RUSH job come in for a potential client for CES coming up. $1,000,000 budget and I had less than a week to design it! SMH!!!!

Union Pipefitter/Plumber for 30 years now, also have a side hustle DezertFreak Products where i design, prototype, manufacturer, package and wholesale my crazy ideas.

Machine shop foreman for a company specializing in the power generation field. Was a machinist by trade for over 20 years in this industry, traveling the world. Going to power plants all over the county and over seas. Finally slowing down and at the shop 99% of the time.

52" valve for MWD in our shop

IMG_3905.JPG

Small steam turbine in one of the portable lathes we designed and built in house

IMG_5502.JPG

Machine shop foreman for a company specializing in the power generation field. Was a machinist by trade for over 20 years in this industry, traveling the world. Going to power plants all over the county and over seas. Finally slowing down and at the shop 99% of the time.

52" valve for MWD in our shop

View attachment 123876

Small steam turbine in one of the portable lathes we designed and built in house

View attachment 123877

I am always blown away at large scale machining operations. I have a lot of Machining background from my youth but primarily just normal Mills surface grinders, etc. no big scale stuff.

been in the grocery business since 1986, was with albertsons for 21 years, then went to work for the state, then to the wholesale side of grocery business as a district manager the last 6 years. I'm a green bean stacker

been in the grocery business since 1986, was with albertsons for 21 years, then went to work for the state, then to the wholesale side of grocery business as a district manager the last 6 years. I'm a green bean stacker
How many green beans can a green bean stacker stack when a green bean stacker has to stack green beans?

18 years as a control room operator in a hydrogen plant, then an oil refinery in the Long Beach, Carson and Wilmington areas. Also I ran a 32mw steam condensing turbine generator and associated equipment. For the past 6 years I've been with LA County Dept of Health Services as a Stationary Engineer, running County USC hospitals power plant, chillers and hot water systems.

Also own Lievense Race Service Inc. aka L.R.S. and I prep and maintain sandrails and off-road related vehicles. We also transport sandrails, SxS's, boats, camper trailers, stackers and sometimes freight. Lately we've been getting into driving RV's cross country for clients and will soon start delivering them to Glamis. My 21 year old son works for me full time.

Last week I flew to Yakima, WA and drove a Foretravel RV and stacker to Los Angeles for @Williebiv. By far the nicest RV I've ever driven.

180252 (1).jpeg

Retired Navy Pilot...add a bit of jet mechanic in there too. Retired...became a sponge on society..turned professional student and then got a job as a government compliance officer for a global logistics company working from home here in Havasu.

Journeyman HVACR Technician. Worked for a big Commercial company here in San Diego for over 12 years. This is my last week for them and will be taking an in house position at Scripps Hospital next week. Before this i was a heavy equipment mechanic in construction.

Professional steering wheel Holder for a LARGE logistics company that doesn't pay their people Very well at all..

Back