Losing a good friend. Taps to Coobie.

Chummin

Reaction score
I’m sad and also very angry tonight.
I’m not even sure how to say this other than one of my best buds took his own life last night.
We spoke just a few week ago and all was good. “I’m good bro”.
You bet I’m mad as all hell, but his demons seemed to win. All he had to dad was ask for some help. Hint at it, anything.
Dude, so many dune trips, so many parties at our homes, so many deep talks about life.
I’m left speechless, upset, angry, and concerned for his family.
The tears pour down my face typing this.
May you get the peace you asked for.

NO!

We just spoke a month ago and he was in a bad way. This hurts.

I told him this brotherhood was for life....he felt otherwise. and

I'm ashamed I didn't keep calling and checking in on him.

Godspeed Coobie !!! I am soo bummed right now. Matt was a GREAT person and an incredible friend. The memories of good timesspent together in glamis are burned in my head forever.

Was supposed to see him in March when I went back to NC for work but my boss changed the city of our meeting so I didnt get to hang out with him. He will be missed by all that knew him.

Prayers are with his family and friends.

This is a TOUGH Loss!I will miss you Coobie!

I’m sad and also very angry tonight.
I’m not even sure how to say this other than one of my best buds took his own life last night.
We spoke just a few week ago and all was good. “I’m good bro”.
You bet I’m mad as all hell, but his demons seemed to win. All he had to dad was ask for some help. Hint at it, anything.
Dude, so many dune trips, so many parties at our homes, so many deep talks about life.
I’m left speechless, upset, angry, and concerned for his family.
The tears pour down my face typing this.
May you get the peace you asked for.
No... I don't want to believe this. I just talked to him a couple weeks ago. Same thing just checking in with him, see how he was doing, "All good here". I knew he was going thru alot and it was weighing heavy on him but thought he was handling okay. He was talking about all the projects he had going on in the new shop, and the plans for each. My heart is breaking.... God Speed Coobie. I hope you atleast found the piece you were looking for. You will be missed.

Been through some very tough times myself over the past 4 years. Came close to doing the same. I was made to feel like a failure by corporate America. Thanks to friends and family, I overcame it all.

Life, is crazy. It’s not always about money. If you can’t/don’t define your value, it’s easy to give up.

R.I.P. C00bie

Edit: if anyone is hurting, please call me. Been there. No judgment. Five-6-2-Two-1-Seven-1395.

Wow, so sorry to hear this... some things in life make NO Friggen sense at all. Depression is Real, been there.....so dark there is no light. Reach out to friends...don't be afraid to let people know you are in a bad way...... NOBODY will turn you away or think less of you.

Make sure all his close friends talk to each other during this time... It makes no sense, but the voices on the other end of the line can help you all get thru it. God Speed.........

Back