Camp Lights

Vinsanity

Reaction score
Looking into getting a portable camp light. My rig is older and isn’t all lit up so stringing lights and running the generator doesn’t work for me. Looking for something portable and battery powered. Looking at the devos so far. Anyone have any experience with these?

I'm a huge fan of the See Devil balloon light when needed but if a genny doesn't work for you this sounds like a solid alternative. Good reviews and looks like they sell the 800 on Amazon which I just added to my cart...

I'm a huge fan of the See Devil balloon light when needed but if a genny doesn't work for you this sounds like a solid alternative. Good reviews and looks like they sell the 800 on Amazon which I just added to my cart...

I bought a Seedevil set it all up had a great time
That night.. woke up in the morning and the wind came up at some point that night, and it tipped over.. no more seedevil. :(. Got to use it once.. bad ass light but they are not exactly what I’d call “durable”.

I have balloon lights that we love and they extend to 12’ high. They have 3 different power levels also. So if you have portable invevorter and could just plug it in $240 each

Attachments

• IMG_2339.jpeg
    IMG_2339.jpeg
    772.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6669.jpeg
    IMG_6669.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Great Topic. I've had the light questions too. Luckily our group lights our camp very well. Peace

while a light is good for some situations, it gets annoying when sitting by the fire bullshitting with everyone and there are 4 lights in camp making it daylight. People tend to buy these lights(we have a See Devil also) and never turn them off unless they get harassed by others.

Lights are good for group dinners but then, turn the effers off!!

while a light is good for some situations, it gets annoying when sitting by the fire bullshitting with everyone and there are 4 lights in camp making it daylight. People tend to buy these lights(we have a See Devil also) and never turn them off unless they get harassed by others.

Agreed some of us like to look at the stars.. the light pollution is crazy anymore

What he said ^^^

A fire pit is all I need outside at night.

20200103_170648.jpg

Hater!!! Some of us forget to turn them off once done cooking.

OP - Sea Devil puts out a ton of light. The 150w model is all you need. I use mine camping and as a pit light when racing with my kid.

I agree. We don't have any big lights in our group and it's nice. A group next to us always has these bright ass lights on and it's annoying sitting by their fire. But they also all have kids under 10 yrs old running around and on the trampoline.

I agree. We don't have any big lights in our group and it's nice. A group next to us always has these bright ass lights on and it's annoying sitting by their fire. But they also all have kids under 10 yrs old running around and on the trampoline.

They bring a trampoline?

Looking into getting a portable camp light. My rig is older and isn’t all lit up so stringing lights and running the generator doesn’t work for me. Looking for something portable and battery powered. Looking at the devos so far. Anyone have any experience with these?

Yep, the Devos is a great quick setup option for some good light around your camp. I have a couple of Balloon lights (knockoffs) as well that work great with nice light output put, they are 110V and tip over if not weighed down.

The newer generation has a dimmer feature as well as color temp adjustment which would be nice. I have the first gen that is only either on or off... they typically only come out when I need daylight at night to work on the car of big group meals or events... completely agree, they are too much for hanging at camp and enjoying the fire.

The newer generation has a dimmer feature as well as color temp adjustment which would be nice. I have the first gen that is only either on or off... they typically only come out when I need daylight at night to work on the car of big group meals or events... completely agree, they are too much for hanging at camp and enjoying the fire.
i will say the last few years Thanksgiving community dinner is sure lit up and nice, but that's about all i have used ours for. My wife broke out the see Devil at a Colorado RV park this summer and the neighbors complained and we had to take it down and play cards in the dark.

Regarding the Seedevil lights- i intentionally didnt go this route because they break easily. As shown above they are pretty fragile the baloon bag can get punctured in transport/storage etc.

I run this in360 lights. They are made for construction but have a super rigid plastic housing and a nice tripod. Price is good too.

i will say the last few years Thanksgiving community dinner is sure lit up and nice, but that's about all i have used ours for. My wife broke out the see Devil at a Colorado RV park this summer and the neighbors complained and we had to take it down and play cards in the dark.

Cards in the dark. Noted.

How many peeps can you name in This pic??? :cool:

EPO 011.jpg

Back