X3 B pillar ?

I get it. No problem. $3k for a cage or $200 for a bandaid. Still waiting for kenimoto to call.  :classic_smile:
They are trying to direct you to making it a better $200 bandaid.   Your idea of adding a B-pillar is right,  the execution of your idea is what they are pointing out can be done in a better way.   

If it does not work like you think it is easily removed. 

They are trying to direct you to making it a better $200 bandaid.   Your idea of adding a B-pillar is right,  the execution of your idea is what they are pointing out can be done in a better way.   

If it does not work like you think it is easily removed. 
Definitely !. Just trying to add some strength where I see a need. The R's have the same if not more weakness than the x3's although brp extended the A pillar gusset even longer. I really don't know about this " dual phase steel" stuff. I'm not up on the current steel technology. Most or all of the cage failures I've seen are on older cars.

The  22, 23 x3's chassis are supposedly 30% stronger than previous years ?. Is the R chassis even better ?. IDK. Doesn't matter to me. 

If it's not welded in, I'd be worried about whatever you're using to affix it just tearing through the stock cage and giving you a bad case of summer teeth.
And this would have done better in the " WCS", T bone whatever impact ?. 

IMG_20221031_114512593_HDR.jpg

Never wore a helmet back then. Just a b cap and a headset. And 3 times the hp. 

But back then I always hated the " butt dunes" too. Now, hehe, bring on the little butt dunes !. I'm getting use to this little sxs. 

Yikes

Kinda figured I'd get the " hard core don't " crowd , but I think some are overlooking the benefits, compared to the WCS 's. Jeez I can die just driving to the super mercado or standing at the drags. 

Opinions still appreciated !.
It’s all good, props to you for actually doing something while most of us talk about doing something.

Unfortunately I’ve seen first hand what add-on cage “improvements” can do when put to the test. That bar is more likely to go through your rib cage into a lung or through your thigh into you deek sack than save you.

I don't think you dune fast enough to add such a device to your rig.
Someone could get a grip of peeps to flip me over as I idle in camp getting my groove on jamming some kick azz mariachi tunes…Safety first comrade.

After 38 years in various sand cars, I have demoted myself to a sxs. 

Did some improvements on the b pillar, and is painted. Should be done next week. 

The older we get the faster we use to be !.

I don't think you dune fast enough to add such a device to your rig.
It's not a device. It's a contraption !

Wtf.

Confusious say,

better to have more meat than less in a sxs collision !. 

Yikes 

If it's not welded in, I'd be worried about whatever you're using to affix it just tearing through the stock cage and giving you a bad case of summer teeth.
Meant to respond to this, what the heck are "summer teeth" ? Lol

It’s all good, props to you for actually doing something while most of us talk about doing something.

Unfortunately I’ve seen first hand what add-on cage “improvements” can do when put to the test. That bar is more likely to go through your rib cage into a lung or through your thigh into you deek sack than save you.
Well thank goodness my deek sack, ribcage of lung isn't anywhere near the end of my contraption. I know, it's hard to go against the grain sometimes.

Hehe.

Yikes

Well thank goodness my deek sack, ribcage of lung isn't anywhere near the end of my contraption. I know, it's hard to go against the grain sometimes.

Hehe.

Yikes
I’m just jealous, you’ve got fab skills!

My deek sack looks like a weathered coin purse with a marble, excuse me while I rudely demand you get off my lawn!

I’m just jealous, you’ve got fab skills!

My deek sack looks like a weathered coin purse with a marble, excuse me while I rudely demand you get off my lawn!
Think my fab skills are suffering from a young mind and old age. I stopped dealing with dog walking lawn poopers and dog pee'ers years ago and went concrete and gravel !. Now I just tinker in my garage with all the crap I've accumulated over the last 40 years and now being retired. I guess I could build wood bird houses but all my sheet is metal stuff !.

So I have pretty much finished my little b pillar project and I am pretty stoked. Still waiting on a couple different hitch pin and clip configurations for the best fit.

IMG_20240716_142334652.jpg

IMG_20240716_142407439.jpg

IMG_20240716_142413133.jpg

IMG_20240716_142421112_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240716_142433115_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240716_142454990.jpg

Think my fab skills are suffering from a young mind and old age. I stopped dealing with dog walking lawn poopers and dog pee'ers years ago and went concrete and gravel !. Now I just tinker in my garage with all the crap I've accumulated over the last 40 years and now being retired. I guess I could build wood bird houses but all my sheet is metal stuff !.

So I have pretty much finished my little b pillar project and I am pretty stoked. Still waiting on a couple different hitch pin and clip configurations for the best fit.

View attachment 114015

View attachment 114016

View attachment 114017

View attachment 114018

View attachment 114019

View attachment 114020
Nicely done, looks a lot beefier than what I thought I saw!

Nicely done, looks a lot beefier than what I thought I saw!
Is definitely more beefy than the mock up. Probably the strongest part of this sxs thing after really getting into the nitti gritti of how their made. My little contraption is the only thing made with .120 steel in this entire car. I think.

Back