Wrecked build

Nice to see progress again on the S&S.

Motivational picture of my S&S for you to finish your build.

PXL_20210515_011620690.jpg

500 on the top spring with 650 lower for the rear shocks.  This is what Kyle suggested.  

This weekends projects was the axles cut to length and installed. 

7F888CA5-45E2-47E4-84A2-841BFE5D9527.jpeg

C41CCAFC-B10D-4198-B84D-8146E0780A34.jpeg

At 115 degrees progress is slow and the pool looks good. 

748177C9-4CAA-43E8-91E3-C6C168F0C0C4.jpeg

51FEF72E-EA55-428F-B923-06C9D91A26FA.jpeg

So got all the electrical hashed out this weekend and made sure everything worked as intended. Now I started on all the break lines. I’m doing hard lines and the flares are annoying me small leeks. Fix one fine another any advice on how to make this eayser?

So got all the electrical hashed out this weekend and made sure everything worked as intended. Now I started on all the break lines. I’m doing hard lines and the flares are annoying me small leeks. Fix one fine another any advice on how to make this eayser?
When I did my stainless hard lines, I had to borrow a buddy's expensive flairing tool.  I think it was 200 or 300 dollars, but I had no issues or leaks.  I also ordered long straight lengths of the tubing, 8 or 10' long.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I am doing hard lines to braided lines at each corner

Reactions: GBR
Brake line flaring tool or AN flaring tool? There’s a difference. If double flaring with the correct tool, should be easy. 

Got the break lines sorted and fired it up. Sounds healthy but with having to wait to get a vin I decided to through one of those new fancy air cleaners on. 

2C84281A-A60A-46C6-82D1-1D23E28AF549.jpeg

5E4DE4C8-BF75-409D-8197-F55D2EF47944.jpeg

So went out for a spin and kept falling on its face. It was like a of on switch When I hit the throttle. Back in and changed the cam on the throttle plate and made a night and day difference. Amazing what a 1/4 of placement will do. Then off and yeast again driving much nicer and getting used to that sequential trans. Then let it rip I mean I nailed the throttle on its face again. It would take off like a bat out of hell then die out. I could idle around and part throttle with no issue. Try it again and it dies and won’t restart. So I start checking for what could be. It’s not even trying to fire I could hear everything comming on but I got no fuel pressure so I crack the lines and no flow so I think Maybe ran out of fuel I mean I only put three gallons in just enough to run around so that a option right? So run grab five more gallons and toss it in. Still not building pressure I can hear the pump coming on just no pressure. I’m having a fuel issue so ordered up a new pump. I’m hoping this fixes it. 

Back