Wow Redline Performance 160+ mph car

5 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

Dead stop? Yeah sure. LOL. 

well from that video you get "one or the other" a win or a wheelie but not both!

160MPH is crazy, i cant imagine.........well maybe a little bit...............  

hats of to the car, drivers and motor builders doing that!

well from that video you get "one or the other" a win or a wheelie but not both!

160MPH is crazy, i cant imagine.........well maybe a little bit...............  

hats off to the car, drivers and motor builders doing that!

pretty awesome that they're hitting these speeds... but I think it's time to get back to racing from a stop.  Too many variables with the roll in starts, and it's not like anyone is gonna hit 160 at the drags... 

The argument used to be about breaking transaxles... but most of these guys chasing the top MPH GPS # all have multiple cars, and spare transaxles... so I don't think you can use that argument anymore.  Also the dubai guys are running Funcos, on sand drag strips from a stop.  Albins can handle some abuse. 

At least racing from a stop brings back some driver talent into the equation (not saying that what they're doing doesn't still require talent)  
What kind of ballast do these guys need to add to the front end to do a race from a dead stop without having the front end come up without a wheelie bar, and how would that extra weight effect there top end at that point?

What kind of ballast do these guys need to add to the front end to do a race from a dead stop without having the front end come up without a wheelie bar, and how would that extra weight effect there top end at that point?
3:14 You just let the air out of the front bags and sack it out. May not do so well in the whoops though.  :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
On 3/2/2022 at 12:23 PM, onanysunday said:

Wicked fast. To fast for me in a sand car. Was watching this one earlier. Plenty of vulgar displays of power. And some close calls as well. 

Based on the loud music through that video, they must've been parked next to a SxS while recording... :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back