Wow Redline Performance 160+ mph car

And when something goes wrong...we will all raise a glass and say...."they died well".  There are a lot of God parts on a sand car.  Too many to go 160mph. 

Wicked fast. To fast for me in a sand car. Was watching this one earlier. Plenty of vulgar displays of power. And some close calls as well. 

You are not allowed to camp on PAD3 unless you have +1500HP and can break 150 mph.  Aaron and Jeff have been chasing each other for years.  Right now Aaron has 164MPH recorded on GPS over Jeff's 163 Mph.

All the money these guys have and yet not many safety items. These cars should have window nets, they should wear a driving suit,  looks like most had helmets, and should wear a h&n device. 

Going fast is cool, but living through it when it does not go well is cooler! 

I got mine to 109 and almost wrecked at the drags coming off the gas and the rear swamping out… More than once.. had to gas it to save it from cart wheeling… never liked running the drags back in the day. 

160 off-road is insane fast. 

…. how long until we see 200? (Pages for the Speed thread or a 200mph sand car)? 🤣

abc

Last edited by a moderator:
In my old car I hit 100 one time and that was fast enough. New car has window nets, fire suppression, wear a helmet, etc and I haven't had it close to it's potential. Don't know that it will ever see over 100, I don't like running the drags. Only venture over once every couple of years to see the chit show from a safe distance

My old car hit 109 on my way to duners diner a few years back. Front tire found a rut and got a little twitchy. Got me thinking about safety. 160 is definitely in the window net, fire system, helmet, and Hans device territory.... that's wicked fast, one mistake and yard sale....

Cool as hell tho 😎 

You are not allowed to camp on PAD3 unless you have +1500HP and can break 150 mph.  Aaron and Jeff have been chasing each other for years.  Right now Aaron has 164MPH recorded on GPS over Jeff's 163 Mph.
That whole rivalry is getting kinda cringe. One guys ego can take a loss, the other can’t.  

wish they would shorten the distance and get away from the RV’s. One of those things breaks a heim or something at that speed they are aweful close to spectators. 

160 is crazy. 

Anything goes wrong and it's not a survivable crash at that speed....no matter what you are wearing, a 4lb heart will just tear away from the impacts....Ask Dale Sr.  It's cool and all...the juice just isn't worth the squeeze to me. 

Crazy fast, incredible speed machines they have become in the last few years.

Anything goes wrong and it's not a survivable crash at that speed....no matter what you are wearing, a 4lb heart will just tear away from the impacts....Ask Dale Sr.  It's cool and all...the juice just isn't worth the squeeze to me. 
Usually a major cause, organs crashing inside the body.

And all they do is run in front of pad 3

pretty awesome that they're hitting these speeds... but I think it's time to get back to racing from a stop.  Too many variables with the roll in starts, and it's not like anyone is gonna hit 160 at the drags... 

The argument used to be about breaking transaxles... but most of these guys chasing the top MPH GPS # all have multiple cars, and spare transaxles... so I don't think you can use that argument anymore.  Also the dubai guys are running Funcos, on sand drag strips from a stop.  Albins can handle some abuse. 

At least racing from a stop brings back some driver talent into the equation (not saying that what they're doing doesn't still require talent)  

Back