Witches eye got me

Glad you made out with no injuries / damage to the car. I saw the pics on Tony's phone and it looked bad.

I am a little bummed to see that nobody in the group noticed you weren't there until they were all at China. Everybody is supposed to watch out for the car behind you when you don't have radio's.

Glad you made out with no injuries / damage to the car. I saw the pics on Tony's phone and it looked bad.

I am a little bummed to see that nobody in the group noticed you weren't there until they were all at China. Everybody is supposed to watch out for the car behind you when you don't have radio's.
That’s how I feel too. If everyone just watches the’s the person behind them then the group stays together. 

Last edited by a moderator:

You know our group, and the speeds we dune. 6 cars is the general limit so we can keep an eye on each other. Swing Set to China Wall is tight. You know, cause you've done that ride countless times with your group...

That’s how I feel too. If everyone just watches the’s the person behind them then the group stays together. 
We were 5 mins from China Wall. They came back for us and helped in the recovery.

It’s like beating a dead horse but all you have to do is watch for the person behind you. That’s rule #1 in duning. Radios or not, high speed or not, the group will stay together if everyone watches out for the person behind them. Yes they may have only been 10 minutes away but that’s a long time if you actually wrecked and were hurt. Luckily that wasn’t the case.

Took this picture of you buzzing through the swing set Thursday probably right before this happened. 

PXL_20221229_182318341.jpg

You hit a good size one.   That could of been a lot worse.

There were some good size witches eyes all over the dunes this past week.  

Does your group not use radios?  The ride to China from Swing Set is pretty quick.  

You hit a good size one.   That could of been a lot worse.

There were some good size witches eyes all over the dunes this past week.  

Does your group not use radios?  The ride to China from Swing Set is pretty quick.  
His wasn’t transmitting

On Saturday morning we were up above China and broke a belt.  When we left I took a slightly different route then the rest and I think I saw that hole and all the footprints .  I remember thinking to myself, "This is where the sarlacc pit is" 

One stout car for sure...glad no damage and everyone is ok!

I'll second that on that's a good looking car!

:bag:

:lmao:

:cheers:  

@L.R.S. Were you full brake when you hit or were you able to let off right before impact?   

Last week was nuts.  I cant understand these a-hole SXS drivers that keep putting 1-2' whips on the top of their cars.  I have 8' whips on my roof just so people can see me.  I came within a foot of a jack ass in the sxs going up and over dunes.  He saw me and was able to come to a full stop as he dropped into a dune but I didnt see him, because he had some BS whips on.  I missed him with my passenger tire by less than a foot as guys in my group started yelling traffic right on the radios.  I think I had to bail on my line about 10 times last week.  Green turtle shells everywhere!  After that I slowed down our pace because it was just to dangerous to be running at our normal speeds.

@L.R.S. Were you full brake when you hit or were you able to let off right before impact?   

Last week was nuts.  I cant understand these a-hole SXS drivers that keep putting 1-2' whips on the top of their cars.  I have 8' whips on my roof just so people can see me.  I came within a foot of a jack ass in the sxs going up and over dunes.  He saw me and was able to come to a full stop as he dropped into a dune but I didnt see him, because he had some BS whips on.  I missed him with my passenger tire by less than a foot as guys in my group started yelling traffic right on the radios.  I think I had to bail on my line about 10 times last week.  Green turtle shells everywhere!  After that I slowed down our pace because it was just to dangerous to be running at our normal speeds.
X2. Love the non busy weeks/weekends mostly for that reason 

I run day time whips that are super tall for the same reason.  Lighted whips are for night time.   

Only crossed paths with a few groups.  Just have to either go for rides much earlier or head to areas where others don't venture.  

Unfortunately the idiots aren't looking for whips and flags over the ridge in an attempt to avoid collision. They are just putting lit whips and flags on so their ride looks cool. I came across one as well. I turned down, he apparently slowed down a bit and after I was out of the way he gassed it and almost ran right into the guy behind me. Idiots.

I will be honest, it isn't the whips I have an issue with, it is the total lack on how to dune.  Single vehicles out there duning to me is a huge problem when I am leading a group of 6-10 rides at a good clip and a single duner is straight lining to a destination.  If they are actually duning, I will see them and steer away.

FYI, my son got a ticket this weekend for his whip being not high enough on his motorcycle.  

I will be honest, it isn't the whips I have an issue with, it is the total lack on how to dune.  Single vehicles out there duning to me is a huge problem when I am leading a group of 6-10 rides at a good clip and a single duner is straight lining to a destination.  If they are actually duning, I will see them and steer away.

FYI, my son got a ticket this weekend for his whip being not high enough on his motorcycle.  
I have not seen a whip on an MX bike that did bend back lower then the rider while in motion.

Fight that stupid ticket if possible. Lame Ranger who wrote that.....unless he had hanging off a backpack or something LOL

I have not seen a whip on an MX bike that did bend back lower then the rider while in motion.

Fight that stupid ticket if possible. Lame Ranger who wrote that.....unless he had hanging off a backpack or something LOL
All the bike riders in our group are putting flags on their packs now, they don't break. and because they are shorter don't flex backwards.  His was a little short, I am OK with the ticket.  Even had an ASA checkered flag on it, haha.  The bike he was riding was mine (his was broken), plated Husky but I didn't have the plate on it because I am tired of losing it in the dunes.  When I ride, I put the plate in my pack, I have never been pulled over (of course I usually ride in the morning in the dunes before most peeps are out).  So my plate is in my pack in my enclosed that went home with me........didn't even think about when we left and he stayed to ride two more days.  Ranger wanted to impound the bike for no registration, but decided not to for some reason, they wouldn't even run the VIN which would show everything.  

He was riding in a tight group with 4 other bikes behind 4 SxS's, coming out of the dunes going back to camp by Cement Flats, they must have been sitting near the drags looking to POP someone.  

Here is the best, the ticket has no VIN number on it or my son's DL, not even sure we will even see a ticket, if so we will fight it by mail for the hell of it.  Holiday Weekend drama for sure.

Back