Wildcat XX long term durability testing for the SpeedUTV

Great to see all of the work you have done! Especially with the XX,as the seem to be greatly overlooked. Not sure why as they seem by far the best car off the showroom..could use a little more power but in the desert they seem equal. 
I also did the 775 motor/trans mounts while the car was apart. 
Im interested in comparing clutching as our car has the Speedwerx Extreminator kit and I feel like clutching could engage a little sooner. 
Id like to meet up for a day with you guys…my only issue is our car has the 77” kit so some of the narrow trails can be a issue. Wish I had the 72” kit. 
Yeah man, I know your up in santa clarita area. We could easily meat up for CalCity, plenty wide. I've got a bitchen 70mile loop ride.

image.png

You're free to pick thru my spare clutch parts.

stock helix, arms and springs primary 100-191 secondary 100-240
STM 38-45 helix no EBC
Venom purple primary spring 180-320
SSI secondary green spring 190-200

img_1262-jpg.253434

Hell yeah a 70 mile loop sounds great! Let me know when your planning the next day trip or camping trip. Thanks  We’re actually in Agua Dulce and Cal City is about 45 minutes to parking the trailer.
 My kids love Cal City…I’m more of a Dove Springs/Red Rock person but since the kids are on 2 wheels and intermediate riders still like to hone their skills at Cal City. 

Wow…I appreciate the work you put in dialing in your clutch. There definitely seems like there is room for improvement in that area. 

Got an opportunity today to ride in a new 2022 XX out at Superstition. It was bone stock besides a roof, seatbelts and mirrors. Wow I was very impressed! It was the tan/black & orange base trim, so it still had the Team clutch and not the new Adapt Clutch. 

We ran down a whooped out trail that also has some angled uneven whoops that would typically kick the back of the RZR right or left. The XX felt so planted and went straight through them and for the most point rode level. It could have used more bottom out control as it felt like it blew through the shock stroke in the rear pretty easy on big hard bumps.  This was with the clicker in the stiffest setting too. I also think the ride height needed to be set a inch or two higher, and that might help a bit. But for being totally showroom floor stock and on its 3rd trip out, it was really good. I did notice more body roll then I was expecting, but within a few miles I had adapted to it and felt very comfortable. Getting the shocks revalved and springs would definitely help. Would love to see the difference. 

I also thought the 130hp N/A Yamaha engine was more then enough power for the XX. I know the Superstition dunes are not like Glamis’s dunes, but for what I do, it was more then fine.  And in the hard pack, and being the most powerful N/A car available, I don’t see needing a turbo. 

The stock CTS Bahemoth tire is not the greatest. Definitely a different tire would be my choice. 

I also like the balance of the XX. The seating position was closer to the rear suspension, more like a Can Am. The RZR, you sit closer to the front suspension, making it harder to get the front to pop up and IMO less comfortable. I also like the XX ergonomics better then a Can Am and felt the visibility was much better. 

Earlier in the day I was riding in a 4 seat turbo S with dynamics. It was very nice, set up car, but still has the typical characteristics of the RZR. I was more impressed with the XX at the end of the day. If I was in the market for a two seater I think the XX would be it. 
You should ride in one, after our PSM and spring kit installed . Put all the power to the ground, and drive with confidence!

Got an opportunity today to ride in a new 2022 XX out at Superstition. It was bone stock besides a roof, seatbelts and mirrors. Wow I was very impressed! It was the tan/black & orange base trim, so it still had the Team clutch and not the new Adapt Clutch. 

We ran down a whooped out trail that also has some angled uneven whoops that would typically kick the back of the RZR right or left. The XX felt so planted and went straight through them and for the most point rode level. It could have used more bottom out control as it felt like it blew through the shock stroke in the rear pretty easy on big hard bumps.  This was with the clicker in the stiffest setting too. I also think the ride height needed to be set a inch or two higher, and that might help a bit. But for being totally showroom floor stock and on its 3rd trip out, it was really good. I did notice more body roll then I was expecting, but within a few miles I had adapted to it and felt very comfortable. Getting the shocks revalved and springs would definitely help. Would love to see the difference. 

I also thought the 130hp N/A Yamaha engine was more then enough power for the XX. I know the Superstition dunes are not like Glamis’s dunes, but for what I do, it was more then fine.  And in the hard pack, and being the most powerful N/A car available, I don’t see needing a turbo. 

The stock CTS Bahemoth tire is not the greatest. Definitely a different tire would be my choice. 

I also like the balance of the XX. The seating position was closer to the rear suspension, more like a Can Am. The RZR, you sit closer to the front suspension, making it harder to get the front to pop up and IMO less comfortable. I also like the XX ergonomics better then a Can Am and felt the visibility was much better. 

Earlier in the day I was riding in a 4 seat turbo S with dynamics. It was very nice, set up car, but still has the typical characteristics of the RZR. I was more impressed with the XX at the end of the day. If I was in the market for a two seater I think the XX would be it. 
The XX is a great car.   With suspension work they are even better in the desert.   It is a shame Textron did not do more with the XX.   

Hell yeah a 70 mile loop sounds great! Let me know when your planning the next day trip or camping trip. Thanks  We’re actually in Agua Dulce and Cal City is about 45 minutes to parking the trailer.
 My kids love Cal City…I’m more of a Dove Springs/Red Rock person but since the kids are on 2 wheels and intermediate riders still like to hone their skills at Cal City. 
We do day trips in that area.  We have 100-140 miles loops.  Lots of great riding out there. 

Yeah it’s sort of a lame duck, which is so sad because it’s so nice, especially for category & price point it’s at. I figured they would drop the XX from their line up. But from what I’ve heard they have no plans to do so. It’s still the top selling UTV for Arctic Cat. And considering they will sell maybe 7K-8K units this year,  thats sad.

There is so much potential with just this one vehicle, yet Textron is content with what they are doing. Then again besides adding a 4 seat XX there really are no major changes I see that it needs? Sure better trims. Their trims are horrible. Maybe a better shock tune, maybe try to fix the heat that comes in the cab.? The new Adapt clutch , they claim to be better, but who knows and they don’t offer it in the base trim, which is what sells the most. 

I get they are in bed with Yamaha and we are not going to see a turbo from them, which is fine. I don’t think it’s needed IMO and having a N/A sport machine keeps the pricing down. 

Maybe once all the legal issues are settled with Textron & Speed, maybe something will change, but I doubt it. Textron/Arctic Cat has not shown any interest in growing in the UTV market. 
Don't hold your breath waiting for the E-Z-Go morons to pull their head out of their ass. 

Don't hold your breath waiting for the E-Z-Go morons to pull their head out of their ass. 
See I have a different view... I think they yank the yamaha motor and put in a pull start Briggs and Stratton motor in there... that is their level of competency. 

I was also able to get it California street legal! Only thing left is to figure out how to get my rocker switches to light up so at night I know what switches what. 

View attachment 24566

View attachment 24567
Did you ever figure this out?  I just added some switches and had to run a jumper connecting the 2 top spades which are ground. Then another from spade 2 to 6. Here’s a picture. And I also believe you have to have a 5 spade rocker switch to have the backlit. This ought to help you. 

1DE43198-13FE-4762-9FB5-07E6303F326A.pngDF67ED29-5F99-466E-8622-5F9E0897CBC2.png33B37BE3-0FF7-4241-AB83-74176FAB5A77.png

DF0EC4DC-CDED-4F7E-8E11-6849D571C7E8.png

I had not been able to finish up wiring my switches…been slammed with work. 
This is fantastic and exactly what I needed,thank you and much appreciated sharing /updating some great info! This will be my project when I get home for the Christmas break! Thanks again! 

Back