Who thinks their fast?

The title of this, You love to see it!! 
we just rounded out our last trip to glamis for a while last week. That being said, we'll be in St. Anthony and Little Sahara Utah. Aiming to have my new car running this summer, so come fall time, Id love to link up. 

How often do you have to replace second gear? 

Were you a bobble head in a previous life?  :classic_laugh: :classic_laugh:
That is a brand new albins 6 speed sequential and 2nd gear sits on the main shaft  $ :scared: $. Hopefully it lasts me some time. Was low in the gears here to keep the torque convertor spinning. 

That head bob is nothing compared to an off road race... especially a 1600 car!!  :classic_blink:

That looks like some fun!

I like the "AIR"

how was the camera mounted  it looks like its not fixed on the frame? 

having less lead and more dunes would be nice ...........LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like some fun!

I like the "AIR"

how was the camera mounted  it looks like its not fixed on the frame? 

having less lead and more dunes would be nice ...........LOL
It is mounted to the frame. Yeah terrible camera angle. Not sure why I thought that would be a good angle. Going to try some different mounting points next trip. 

It is mounted to the frame. Yeah terrible camera angle. Not sure why I thought that would be a good angle. Going to try some different mounting points next trip. 
im just guessing but to have it outside of the car about a foot or two from where it is now looking at your line of sight and a little of you head would be ideal

that motor was humming!  so that was 2nd gear? if so what in the heck would 5th and 6th be for? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
im just guessing but to have it outside of the car about a foot or two from where it is now looking at your line of sight and a little of you head would be ideal

that motor was humming!  so that was 2nd gear? if so what in the heck would 5th and 6th be for? LOL
That was 2nd-3rd. Car is setup for desert racing with a convertor. This is with a 37" tire and 6.5k shift point. 

image.png

I've done go pros on the very front of the hood and on the rear wing. They both seem very smooth but kinda seemed slow. The rear was my favorite looking back through the roost at #2. Where you had that camera mounted really showed the bobble head thing. Ouch.

You fargin bastage, just when I was good with my golf cart (Pro-R) you post up that shiz, going to have to find a spot in the shop to hide a new to me Sandrail from Mrs. Bouy again!

I am heading out this weekend. Let's hook up for a ride. Name the place and time.

Back