Who commutes by motorcycle?

I do a 4 a.m commute, 45 miles one way, 6 days/week. Riding is the only way to avoid sitting in traffic... I ride as much as possible... unless it's pouring rain. I prefer the naked style bikes for splitting lanes, avoiding mirrors and busses. Downtown L.A. traffic is a zoo in the afternoon, but those early morning rides are the best way to start the day!

Current Commuters: KTM 690 Duke    /   BUELL XB 1200

View attachment 66309

View attachment 66310

View attachment 66311

View attachment 66312
look at the size of those front rotors!

I hear that super duke is a beast. I put 30K on this FZ1. When I rode often, I had no fear. I started driving the car with its heater and cup holder and pretty soon, lost my reflexes. I sold the fizzer and even though I miss riding, I can't commit to enough seat time to stay safe. I'll stick with the econobox. The 1 above San Francisco is an amazing road by the way. 

grand canyon motorcycle trip 158.JPG

grand canyon motorcycle trip 030.JPG

058.JPG

083.JPG

030.JPG

I love riding. First street bike was a 79 RD400 Daytona Special. Been riding off / on ever since. One of my favorite bike's was a Naked FZ1. Miss that bike. Buddy got me hooked on Harley's a few years back and currently ride a 17 Streetglide. 

For me riding is all about the adventure. Commuting to work will take the fun out of it. 5 years ago rode to Alaska with a couple buddies. 3 years ago rode to Florida. Riding to Sturgis this summer.  Since the pandemic hit I've flown all over the Western US buying a bike, riding it home and selling it after I get home. 

Been to Seattle and Boise twice, Portland, Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix and San Bernadino once. Possibly flying to Texas next week. All of these purchases were made on a Saturday and I was back home Sunday night in time for work Monday morning. Logging miles is fun for me.

If anybody has a ride planned, keep me and my buddy in mind. We are down for the adventure.

Used to.  2000 HD soft tail.  Tons of close calls.  Sold it because I didn't have a long commute and it mostly sat in the garage. 

I love riding. First street bike was a 79 RD400 Daytona Special. Been riding off / on ever since. One of my favorite bike's was a Naked FZ1. Miss that bike. Buddy got me hooked on Harley's a few years back and currently ride a 17 Streetglide. 

For me riding is all about the adventure. Commuting to work will take the fun out of it. 5 years ago rode to Alaska with a couple buddies. 3 years ago rode to Florida. Riding to Sturgis this summer.  Since the pandemic hit I've flown all over the Western US buying a bike, riding it home and selling it after I get home. 

Been to Seattle and Boise twice, Portland, Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix and San Bernadino once. Possibly flying to Texas next week. All of these purchases were made on a Saturday and I was back home Sunday night in time for work Monday morning. Logging miles is fun for me.

If anybody has a ride planned, keep me and my buddy in mind. We are down for the adventure.
Our group is looking to do a Route 66 ride. Maybe 1-2 weeks soon

I love riding. First street bike was a 79 RD400 Daytona Special. 
My first boss had one.  He got it in trade for a dirt bike.  We were jnto dirt bikes and moving to 3 wheelers.  Anyway rode it around the block and hated it.  I think there was something wrong with the bike it rode like the steering head was lose or something.  Cool bike though.   

Only have a 15 mile commute to work but prefer to ride most days as it's faster and puts a smile on my face.  Close calls, you betcha, more often than I like.  Last time I went down (2/20/22) was in the dirt on the dual sport and broke my Tibia.   That ended with surgery and 3 nights in the hospital.  I won't stop riding till I physically can't.  PXL_20221024_000603366.jpg

I did it briefly. The commute at the time was about 8 miles. I enjoyed it, but I also enjoyed climate control. Ended up buying a Chevy Sonic as a commuter car and preferred it more. Now the commute is 25 miles one way and I think about it occasionally now that I drive my Jeep to work.

Andrew

IMG_0253.jpg

Back