Which LED buggy whip?

Gorilla Whips suck azz. I had two, neither lasted worth a darn. Whips & Shyt are very strong and bright with good support. However, I changed to 5150 on all four toys for the magnetic base. I got tired of dealing with the little pins and those magnetic bases on 5150 are just extremely convenient. The 5150 whips are also very strong and well built. 

I've always used Quick-Light LED Whips and have always had good luck with them. Customer service is great and they don't look like all the other LED whips. 

If money is no object 5150 Whips seem to be well built and very popular, if on a budget then Safe-Glow Whips seem good. 

You will be happy with the 5150 whips I have a set off non lighted for the day and only run the lighted ones at night. Their customer service is awesome and their warranty too I hit a tree branch first trip out snapped one of the lighted ones off they had me send both back replaced the broken one and checked out the other to make sure no issues with quick turnaround that’s the reason I run the non lite in the day. 
I have had mine in use since 2018 no issues with the bases or magnets really a good system 

What works better, the spring base or a more flexible whip?
i run the amazon led whips not sure on flexible but after 3 trips they both broke both of them right at the base. lost one satruday and the other one on the sunday ride. i didnt want to rewire anything so i bought the same ones again but this time the spring base, im 3 trips in on the spring base and nothing broke yet. but i wont know if they are really better untill next season when i get some more trips in. odd part was the pair with the spring base was a few bucks cheaper than the non spring base. so figured it was worth a try. 

You will be happy with the 5150 whips I have a set off non lighted for the day and only run the lighted ones at night. Their customer service is awesome and their warranty too I hit a tree branch first trip out snapped one of the lighted ones off they had me send both back replaced the broken one and checked out the other to make sure no issues with quick turnaround that’s the reason I run the non lite in the day. 
I have had mine in use since 2018 no issues with the bases or magnets really a good system 
I have been running the 5150 whips for a while.  I do the same as you - run the non-lighted whips during the day.  

Reactions: GBR
Had 2 Safe Glows and had plenty of problems. 
Went with Jeff @Whipsandshyt and love it!!!
I run my buggy in Ocotillo and run the whips day and night.  Have to confess I don’t ride to much at night. Have not had any problems with them. 
The clip to remove or secure the whip doesn’t bother me. 
Friends run 5150 and they are also good. 

Has Safeglowhips gone under? Trying to buy a replacement and it seems that none of their numbers work and my order from the website says "on hold" a week after it was placed through their website and paid with PayPal. Anybody got any secret contacts? Or should I cancel and go with another vendor?

Never mind, seems the owner was in the process of moving and he answered his San Dimas number. Sounds like I will get my replacement whip soon. Carry on...

Never mind, seems the owner was in the process of moving and he answered his San Dimas number. Sounds like I will get my replacement whip soon. Carry on...
Please share the phone # as I too have been trying to get ahold of them. Heard they moved to Havasu and tried every number I could find with no luck and they were not at the Sand Show again this year. Pretty much assumed they closed up. 

Please share the phone # as I too have been trying to get ahold of them. Heard they moved to Havasu and tried every number I could find with no luck and they were not at the Sand Show again this year. Pretty much assumed they closed up. 
It was one of these numbers below. One didn't work and the other was a cell phone. I left a message and the guy called me back and then my whip arrived in the mail a few days later.

Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 3.10.17 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a box of 10 of safe glows newest “hd” whips.   They are JUNK.  We have not made it 3 trips without them failing and they told me this last time “we will no longer repair or replace them”.  For what I spent on them I expected more then 3 rides out of them.  I came on here looking for reviews of buggy whips because their stuff is stupid expensive and I was hoping for an end all solution.  I have no interest in changing whips out twice a day. 

I have run 2 8' lighted buggy whips for the last 3 years.   No problems and very bright.   I run 2 3x5 flags off them.   I do very little night riding but use them as a camp marker for people arriving.

5150 Whips, Hyper Color. So far I really like them.

I may order the daytime whips with no lights.

I have 5150's for my Can-Am. The magnetic base is super easy and I have never had an issue with a whip coming out. They only issue I have that I do not like is after two seasons, the fit of the whip base into the base that is bolted to the car has got a little sloppy/loose so it makes a rattling noise that drives me nuts. I took the bases off and tapped them for two set screws each and that stopped the play in them for a while but at the end of last season they were starting to get sloppy again. Other than that issue, they have been great and always worked.
same thing happened to me and i dont even have 4 trips on mine lol, its annoying as hell, i thought my rzr was falling apart

Had a 5150 and over all great but with the magnetic base after a weekend it was near impossible to get the whip off the base.Usually had to unbolt it then tap out with mallet.

Just went with a jc whips and like the base and color modes.

Back